Thursday 9 May 2019

My Favourite Things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 
 
 
A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, or that I just enjoy.  Maybe they will do the same for you.   

 
 
Do you know what's even better than children that like to cook?  Grandchildren that like to cook.  Little Joshie cooks a steak. My heart is full. ♥♥♥ 
 
 
  
 
Japanese Rice Crackers.  Some are sweet, some are earthy/green flavoured, some are salty, some are spicy.  I love them all.  I probably like these even more than potato chips. 
 
 
Photo by DOMINIC LIPINSKI/AFP/Getty Images  
 
This little family. The joy is tangible.  May they live happily ever after.  I love the name Archie. It means geuine, bold or brave.  Harrison . . .  son of Harry.  Archie Harrison Mountbatten Windsor.  I wish them all the best. 
 
 
Salads and we are heading into Salad Season.  Towards the end of Summer and into Autumn I long for comfort and stodge, but this time of year I start to long for salads.  I adore salads.  

 
 
Gilly Flowers the blog.  Its filled with things that I love.  Like this . . . 


 
Vintage Linens  . . .  I love them.  I have a few and I use them when I can.  Why not. You should always use the things you love or else why have them  . . . 
 
 
  
 
The clean lines of Swedish decor . . .  simple, yet elegant.  A brilliant canvas  . . . 


 
Pockets . . .  I don't like not having a pocket to tuck the things I really need into.  You know how the Queen is not without her purse . . .  I am not without a pocket if I can help it. 
 
 
  
 
This  . . .  just this.  It has all the things I love.  Its simple and yet, its not.  It makes a statement. I'm solid and steadfast, but I still know how to have fun. 
 
 
 
Its the little things  . . . . 
 
  
 
Fallling into bed at the end of the day.  Does anything else on earth feel so good?  I think not  . . . 


 
Words . . . I love words.  I love their meanings.  I love stringing them together . . .playing with them, learning new ones, etc.  I have always loved words.  

 
  
 
Travel by Train  . . .  I love the clickety clack of the tracks . . . the comfy seats.  The scenery.  You can get up and walk around, you can get something to eat, you can read if you want, but mostly you can relax and just enjoy the journey. 
  

  
 
Castle ruins  . . .  they fuel the imagination.  This is Pendragon Castle on the Mallerstang Dale up in Cumbria.  We have spent many hours here, exploring, pondering . . . I like to think about the people who once called this home. You can almost feel their ghostly presence, but its not a bad feeling . . . I feel quite at home there. 
 
 
 

 Growing old gracefully  . . .  I've embraced the grey, don't mind the wrinkles . . . but I do mind the arthritis. In every way I am living a fabulous life other than the distance from my family and the arthritis, which hampers my mobility on some days more than others.  This week its been hellish getting down the stairs, with my right knee grinding and groaning with every step.  I find myself waiting until I absolutely cannot avoid the stairs.  We probably need to be looking for a bungalow, but I fear moving even more than the stairs  at this point  . . .  I am loving my life however. For the most part. 
 
 
  
 
Afternoon tea and everything that goes with it  . . .  the cups and saucers, the tiny cakes, finger sandwiches  . . . I haven't done one in a while.  I really must do one soon . . . 


 
 
Old fashioned cottage charm . . . . 
 
 
  
 
Windowsil geraniums  . . . STILL waiting  . . . I have the perfect pots for them.


 
Fresh, juicy oranges . . .  but not if they are sour. 
 
 
  
 
Vintage advertising . . .  they stuck with you, forever. You'll wonder where the yellow went  . . .  you finish it off.  😉  Makes me smile. 
 
And those are my favourite things for this week . . . what are some of yours?

A thought to carry with you . . .  
 
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
I testify that bad days always 
come to an end,
That faith always triumphs,
and that Heavenly promises
are always kept.
~Jeffrey R Holland•。★★ 。* 。
 

Chicken with a Pesto & Mushroom Sauce 
 
In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Chicken with a Creamy Pesto & Mushroom Sauce.  Deliciously simple.

Hope you have a beautiful day.  Love and be loved! Don't forget!  
 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   
 

 
 

8 comments:

  1. Happy happy post! How cute when they cook and bake:)
    Love the sweater w/ the buttons multicolores.
    Haven't had those rice cracers in forever!

    Archie..perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohh, we have had a few really dark dismal days here with rain. Its been hard to take bright sunny photos! You have a lot of fun with your grands. I am babysitting again on Monday! Can't wait! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hi Marie, not sure if you'll get this as I've posted a few comments that haven't appeared, they must be out in the universe somewhere!

    Have you tried any supplements for your arthritis? George has been using Turmeric and Curcumin tablets and they have eased the pain in his joints immensely.

    I too love the name Archie! How could you not!!!

    We're off to Devon and Cornwall tomorrow for about 12 days, not sure what the internet connection will be like so if you don't here from me have a good couple of weeks and I hope your knee improves.

    Lot's of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take Co-codemol. I should try turmeric. I Hope you have a lovely time in Devon and Cornwall and that the weather is great for you!Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  3. Ah, as a child I used to love train travel. Mind you, our seats were only coach, but I loved going to the smokers' car for comic book and candy … then the dining car with the amazing starched linen cloths and silver services.

    Don't even get me going on vintage advertising! I still love singing those olden jingles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am like you Mevely! I love to sing the old jingles and I do so love travelling on the train. I have done a berth several times and it is so peaceful and relaxing sleeping on the train to the clickety clacks! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Oh my sweet friend, I want you to know that I have read and commented on your last few posts but they didn't publish. I thought I had my problem solved because it was working. I know now that my IPad is totally at fault. You are such a favorite of mine so I hate missing any of your posts You know me, I write a lot too; I did on those posts.
    Anyway, I enjoyed reading this one. The photo of your sweet grandchild cooking is adorable.
    I am enjoying watching the new of the sweet precious royal baby born. It is fun to follow.
    Anything Vintage and I will love it.
    I like the idea of pockets too. The sweater is beautiful and you would look beautiful in it.
    Sleep is the best and I tend to struggle with getting enough.
    You do have a gift with words and I love reading them all.
    It been many years since I have been on a train and it looks so fun.
    Growing old gracefully is a good one and I'm trying. I haven't done the gray thing yet but soon.
    I do love the Old fashioned cottage charm and the flowers in the window and that kitchen decor.
    Sending happy thoughts and hugs your way!
    I hope this posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its okay LeAnn! I can't comment on my iPad either. I can't figure out why! Love you my sweet friend and was pleased to read the good news about Roger! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!