Thursday 30 May 2019

My Favourite things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 
 
A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, or that I just enjoy.  Maybe they will do the same for you.     
 

Light.  I love things, rooms etc. to be light and airy  . . .  



Book ends  . . .  they add such charm.  These are playing hide and seek . . . she's only on 98, 99, 100 . . . ready or not, here I come. 



Painted portraits  . . .  who were these people, what were their dreams  . . . everyone has a story to tell. 

  

Macarons  . . . crisp little bites of heaven  . . .  I've only ever had them once, but have not forgotten. I have never made them. Never. 


Blowing bubbles  . . .  watching them dance in the air and float  . . .  big, small and tiny, tiny. The other day when I went to use dish soap, a bunch of little bubbles exploded from the container and floated in front of my eyes next to the sink. It was magical  . . .  


  

Shutters on windows  . . .  working ones. Ones you can pull shut at the end of the day.  



Yes please  . . . 


  

Flower boxes  . . .  on balconies, windows, etc.  So beautiful . . . 



Being a mother  . . . 

  

Yarn  . . .  I love to roll it into compact little balls . . .  its a mindless occupation that keeps the hands busy and they look so tidy when done. 



Piano music  . . .  I could listen to Paul Cardall for hours and hours and hours  . . . .



  

Hollyhocks  . . .  they scream cottage garden  . . . 



This  . . .  fanciful thoughts  . . .  



  

Pretty tea pots  . . . 



Round windows  . . . . 

  

Barbie  . . .  I always wanted one with a pony tail like my sister had  . . . 



Copper kettles  . . .  so long as I don' thave to polish them  . . . 


  


Yes  . . . . 



Wooden clothespins  . . . . 


  

Dunking biscuits  . . .  yes, I'm a dunker  . . . 



And those are my favourite things for this week.  What are some of yours?

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
If you want to fly,
give up everything
that weighs you down.
~Buddah  •。★★ 。* 。 


 Sour Cream Chicken 

In the kitchen today  . . .  Sour Cream Chicken . . .  deliciously simple.  

Have a beautiful day!  Love and be loved and don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   
 


4 comments:

  1. Cute things! That was my Barbie..she had many stick pins in her haid w/ my making hairdos:)Oh that was the life:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the one with the black bubble do. I saved up my money to get one and that as the only model they had. I was desparate to have one. My sister got hers for Christmas, along with a Dutch girl costume. I should have been more patient! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I love many of these too! I love old linens, tea cups with violets, and I think you and I both should give macarons a try, I have only eaten them once as well but oh they were so good, I will let you know if I make them! I wish you were closer I would have you come for tea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh now wouldn't that be a lot of fun Laurie! Love you! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!