Tuesday 9 April 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
FOR TODAY, April 9th, 2019

Outside my window ...
The sun is up, the birds are singing, and its a bit chilly, but if yesterday is anything to go by, it will warm up and we are in for another beautiful day.  I saw a butterfly yesterday!  Yes!


I am thinking ...
Is it okay to have leftover lasagne for breakfast?  There is some in the refrigerator that is calling my name. 

  
I am thankful for ...
All of the wise counsel given to us this past weekend during our church's 189th General Conference. So inspiring and uplifting!
 
One of my favourite things ... 
Poutine  . . .  crisp fries, cheese curds, hot gravy.  Its a Canadian delicacy.  Haven't had any in years and years and years.  

In the kitchen ... 
Easy Beef Brisket 
Easy Beef Brisket.  Tender, juicy beef.  Rich flavourful gravy.  The oven does all the work. 

On my "To Cook" list ... 

Not Quite Nigella . . .  Earl Grey London Fog Cake.  Might be nice for Easter.  


Good to Know ... 



I am creating ...
  

Ultimate Paper Mache.  Make your own Paper Mache Clay.  



Little Pink Sheep on Instagram.  Cute envelopes!  



Hen's Teeth. Altered tin work by Viv. I love her work.  Its so beautiful.  


I could not find a source for this, but I love these little creations  . . . 

  

Dog Woof.  Free lamb's hat pattern for Easter Eggs. Cute! 

I am reading ... 


Diana, her true story, in her own words, by Andrew Morton.
Diana: Her True Story was originally published in 1992 under the guise of a quasi-authorised biography with mostly unnamed courtiers and royalty as the accredited sources. It instantly became a sizzling, international bestseller that lanced the boil of Windsor family dysfunction, triggering a chain of events that led to Charles and Diana's divorce. After her tragic death in 1997, Andrew Morton revealed that Diana herself had not only been the main source for the book, but had also edited his original drafts for accuracy. In return for this gold mine of information, Diana wanted complete anonymity for fear of retaliation from the queen. Her True Story in Her Own Words is enhanced by more than 75 full-colour photographs of the princess, from her childhood in Althorp to her marriage to Charles at Westminster Abbey to her humanitarian efforts and finally to her unforgettable funeral service. However, the most poignant portrayal of the princess emerges from the unedited transcriptions of Diana's interviews with Morton: "I think I'm going to cut a very different path from everyone else. I'm going to break away from this set-up and go and help the man on the street."

Compelling, intriguiging but mostly sad.

I am looking forward to ...
Mizie is going to the Groomers on Thursday.  She is looking like a shaggy Yeti at the moment.  Plus later that day we are going on a Reach Out with the church. Also looking forward to making some more paper bouquets.

Dreaming about ...


Pretty Cardigans  . . .  robin's egg blue  . . .  


  

Pin tucks and lace . . .  


Peter Pan collars and fabric bows  . . . 

 

Neutral layers  . . .   


That cape  . . . 


Makes me smile ... 


Grace  . . .  I just want to snuffle her up . . . 

Something to watch ... 


Hanna on Amazon  . . .  fascinating.


A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Once you hit a certain age,
you become permanently unimpressed
by a lot of things  . . .  •。★★ 。* 。


Corners of my Kingdom ... 


Conwy Castle, in Conwy, North Wales.  Have been there several times, once in Winter.  Its fascinating, and there's great fish and chips in the town.

 
And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   


 

8 comments:

  1. Hi, Marie! You're having lasagne for breakfast?! Wait for me, I'll join you! :) I love savory foods for breakfast, and I often like starting the day with something warm and good. Lately I'm eating brown rice and steamed broccoli for breakfast--yum, and healthy too! Glad you had a great time at your General Conference the past week... sooo good! That cake looks sooo good! I was going to make a carrot cake for Easter, but this makes me want to change my mind about that! Those paper envelopes are so sweet... LOVE your current reading, though it is sad stuff. Even after all these years, I still miss seeing Diana, you know...what she was wearing, etc. Hope you have a lovely week, my friend. It's almost Easter! LOVE YOU LOADS! ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will take savoury for breakfast any day over sweet! I, like you, am waiting for Easter. Its my favourite holy-day next to Christmas! Love and hugs to you! (TJ & Luna too!) xoxoxo

      Delete
  2. Love the clothes:)The envelopes and CHICKENS:):)
    Hanna..we started and it's just not captivating us..Jacques saw an original movie or something and he was looking forward to this..but it's not working..for us..Also Mrs Wilson..can't believe it's a true story..oh lala..

    Have you watched After Life?

    Same breakfast every day all days lol..I seem to do 10 yrs at a time of the same..My grandsons like poutine..not me:)
    Give me a plain delish fry!:)Have a good day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started to watch After Life, but Todd won't like it, so it will be one I need to watch on my own. He can't stand Ricky Gervais and he hates a lot of swearing. I know Mrs. Wilson, the truth is stranger than fiction they say! Hanna is different, I didn't see the film so I am enjoying. Perhaps if I had, I might not enjoy so much! I am a lover of chickens for deco, and I miss Poutine! Love fries and gravy! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of Poutine … but it sounds wonderful! No matter the years, I still miss Diana. The cover shot of this book reminds me SO much of William!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very much alike I think Mevely! And I can see the Queen in William also. I think Harry is the spit of Phillip! Poutine is pretty wonderful! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hello Marie! I love that cardigan! That cake looks and sounds amazing!!!! I hope you have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mrs Chrissy! I love any cardigan! Especially if flowers are involved! Blessed week to you also! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!