Tuesday 23 April 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook

 
 
FOR TODAY, April 23, 2019

Outside my window ...
Its not quite as sunny as it has been all weekend, but its calm and its not raining. I wonder what the day will bring? 
 
I am thinking ... 
I heard back from my Editor, and my worst fears have been confirmed. They've been having difficulties and had to stop production while they look for a new printer and distributor, which could potentially take months.  I am not sure what to do.  I can wait and let them publish it whenever, or I can look for a new publisher, or I can self-publish, which I really don't want to do. 
 
I am thankful for ...
That  my childhood dream of becoming a published author came true, at least once, and my mother lived long enough to see it.  Many never achieve that.  I can be proud of my achievement.

One of my favourite things ... 
 
 
For when I have a sweet itch that needs to be scratched. I haven't done the Tangy Worms, but the Sugar Free bears are lovely. 
 
In the kitchen ... 
 
 Grilled Cauliflower & Broccoli Cheese 
 
Grilled Cauliflower and Broccoli Cheese.  Seriously simple and oh so tasty!  We both loved this! 
 
 
On my "To Cook" list ... 
 
 
Cookie and Kate.  Looks tasty!  Before the weather gets too warm. 
 
 
Good to know ... 
 
 
 
 
 I am creating ... 
 
  
 
The Guardian,  knit your own Jack Russell dog.  Free pattern. Cute! 
 



How to paint trees.  I couldn't find a source???  I think it might possibly be Sheila Gill.



A Beautiful Mess.  Cute animal wrapping paper ideas.  


  

An easy idea for adding colour to your envelopes. Again no source. 



  

Shrimp Salad Circus.  How to sew a simple skirt. 




Think, Make, Share.  Make your own Macrame Keychain.  


I am reading ... 

 

The Last Princess, by Matthew Dennison
An engrossing biography of Queen Victoria’s youngest daughter that focuses on her relationship with her willful mother, a powerful and insightful look into two women of significant importance and infuence in world history.

Beatrice was the last child born to Queen Victoria and Prince Albert. Her father died when she was four and Victoria came to depend on her youngest daughter absolutely, and also demanded from her complete submission. Victoria was not above laying it down regally even with her own children. Beatrice succumbed to her mother’s obsessive love, so that by the time she was in her late teens she was her constant companion and running her mother’s office, which meant that when Victoria died her daughter became literary executor, a role she conducted with Teutonic thoroughness. And although Victoria tried to prevent Beatrice even so much as thinking of love, her guard slipped when Beatrice met Prince Henry of Battenberg.

Sadly, Beatrice inherited from her mother the hemophilia gene, which she passed on to two of her four sons and which her daughter Victoria Eugenia, in marrying Alfonso XIII of Spain, in turn passed on to the Spanish royal family. This new examination will restore her to her proper prominence, as Queen Victoria’s second consort.

I have always loved Biographies.

I am looking forward to ...
Engineer is due today to fix the oven.  This afternoon of course, anytime between 2 pm and 5 pm. I am just looking forward to having a working oven. FINGERS CROSSED!


 Dreaming About ... 


Having a front porch  . . .  maybe in the eternities . . .  



  


Having a double sink  . . . 




So elegant  . . . 


  

Yes please  . . . 




Cups with meaning  . . . 



Makes me Smile ... 

  

My sister brought her flowers for Easter.  I wish I lived close enough to do that  . . . 

Something to watch ... 


Bear Grylls on Netflix.  I think we've killed him a couple of times now, lol.  But we keep trying!  We would both be hopeless in the wild methinks.


A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
When we read, 
we start at the beginning
and continue until 
we reach the end.
When we write,
we start at the middle,
and fight our way out.
~Vickie Karp •。★★ 。* 。 

Corners of my kingdom ... 

  

The Natural History Museum in London.  Did you know that all our museums are free to go into?  They make for a great day out!! 



And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   



7 comments:

  1. Oh after all your hard work I hope it does get published sooner than ater.Still..how admirable and thrilling your first one did:)
    Fingers more than crossed..
    We Pin to Twin I think LOL Pinning the same things:) Have a great day.
    WE started The Good Fight.It's good.Kit Harrison's spouse and Ms Baransky:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we both are attracted to many of the same things Monique! I will look up The Good Fight. We don't always get the same things here as you do there! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hi, Marie! It's sooo good to catch up with you! I'm a bit behind on visiting and being in touch. With TJ off much of last week, some of the usual order of things went out the window, but in a good way... haha! ;) Spring is finally here. Not always very warm, but there's been sun, so we enjoy it! I'm so sorry to hear that your book is very much on hold for the moment! A big dilemma to decide whether to wait it out, or seek a new publisher, which also could take time. I hope your new book will reach the world yet! Your grilled cauliflower/broccoli looks so good...mmm... I kind of reminds me that I've not tried doing cauliflower steaks. I know, I'm behind on the food times... haha! I like the vegetarian recipes from Cookie & Kate! Hope all goes well with your oven fix today--yes! Oooo...how CUTE is that knit Jack Russell??!! Your current reading sounds really good. We love biographies too. TJ's currently reading one of composer/conductor Leonard Bernstein. The Natural History Museum... oh, that brought back some good memories! Wishing you all there a Happy & Blessed Easter Week :) LOVE YOU! ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy, unfortunately it will be another week before I have an oven to use. It is making me really try other options however. Its all good! Love and hugs to you, TJ and Luna! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi Marie, I just came from Susan's post and saw your comment. Lovely you shared Edna Jacque's poem. Sorry you didn't get better news from your publisher. It's quite the dilemma to know what to do. That little Jack Russel Terrier is so sweet. Take gentle care. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really enjoying the books Elaine! You have given me many hours of joy. Thank you so much! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  4. I'm sad that your book won't be printed as you had hoped for now. However, don't give up. Your book was published and your new one will be too.
    I must try the grilled Cauliflower and Broccoli cheese; it looks yummy.
    Nine things to add to your bath; fabulous. Thanks!
    Always enjoy looking through your creative area. I wish I could just jump in and do something.
    The book looks intriguing. I do love history and often times it is English history that I enjoy reading.
    When it comes to the dreaming about area; I always enjoy this one the most. I think it is because we have similar tastes in decor and etc.
    I like the idea that your museums are free. I wish we had more things her in a America. Everything is so expensive to take a family to see.
    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!