Thursday 4 April 2019

A few of my favourite things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 
A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, or that I just enjoy.  Maybe they will do the same for you.      
The Zoo Keeper's Wife.  We watched this last night on Netflix and it was the best film!  We both really enjoyed it and found it to be very inspiring.  Sad, touching, great acting.  We both gave it a two thumbs up.  Based on the true story of how Jan and Antonina Żabiński rescued hundreds of Jews from the Germans by hiding them in their Warsaw zoo during World War II.I love true stories.


Fluffy Bumble Bee Butts  . . .  


  

Dutch doors  . . . 



Embroidered linen  . . . 


  

Painted wood floors  . . . of all wood floors, these are my favourite  . . . 



White picket fences  . . . 


  

Paper dolls and their clothes. When I was a girl I always created lots of extra clothes for my paper dolls.  I had so much fun drawing, colouring and cutting them out . . . 



Bunting  . . .  any kind . . .   isn't this sweet?  



The art of Thomas Kinkaid  . . .  you just want to fall into each one of his paintings and call it home sweet home  . . . 



Caligraphy . . .  although I am not very good at it  . . .  


  

Jam filled cookies  . . .  jam . . . . 


Jam  . . .  I adore jam.  Especially on toast.  I always loved to watch my ex MIL put jam on her toast. She would break it up into little bits and each little bit got a whole spoon full of jam . . .  she had a real sweet tooth. 


  

Heart, pillow, gingham  . . .  red and white.  What's not to love  . . . 



Peony & Sage  . . .  anything  . . . 


  

This is one of my all-time favourite books.  I Love this book.  I love books based on ancient Oriental culture  . . . 



Vintage mirrors  . . . . 


  

Floral pillow ticking  . . . . 



Lockets . . . 


  

Quilted kitty kats  . . . 



Wool cardigans  . . . 

 And those are my favourite things for this week. What are some of yours?   

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Like wildflowers; you must allow 
yourself to grow in all the places
people never thought you would.
~unknown  •。★★ 。* 。 
 
 
Crispy Sesame Chicken 
 
Cooking in The English Kitchen today . . .  Crispy Sesame Chicken.  This is some good! 
 
Hope you have a beautiful day.  Love and be loved! Don't forget!  
 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   



12 comments:

  1. Lots to ponder here from these photos...plus ideas to try too. And fond memories thinking of paper dolls...my mom used newspaper and would cut them out all in a row...nothing fancy like yours...but to a child it was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember doing those also Elizabeth! They were great fun and you could cut them into any shape. Bunnies, kitty cats, whatever you wanted to! Thanks for reminding me of those! They were amazing for sure! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. All things pretty! I will search for the movie:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will enjoy it Monique! Its very inspiring and a bit sad too. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Oh Marie.....I love all you shared. I am so happy to have found your blog. Your a breath of fresh air. I love peony and sage too. Thank you for reminding me of Zookeeper Wife. I habe been wanting to watch that .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mrs. Chrissy! I think you will really enjoy the film! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Thank you for reminding me! So many gems I've forgotten I once adored … then lost along the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happens to us all from time to time Mevely! xoxo

      Delete
  5. I used to draw clothes for my paper dolls, too, or cut them out of the Simpson's or Eaton's catalogues. My girlfriend and I spent hours doing that. It was such fun. For some reason I gravitated towards sweater sets and plaid skirts. We have to take our little Daisy to the vet tomorrow. She hasn't been eating much and is starting to lose weight. Fingers 🤞It's something that can be treated. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Elaine, weren't the catalogues so much fun! Its sad that they are no longer in existance. I loved sweater sets and plaid skirts. I remember in grade 8 my mom bought me a red kilt with a pin and a navy sweater set from one of the catalogues. We were allowed one new outfit each September. I loved it so much! I am so sorry to hear about Daisy. Keeping you in my happy thoughts. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Same here Gloria! I had lots and I loved them all! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!