Tuesday 16 April 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
FOR TODAY, April 16th, 2019

Outside my window ...
Its light out, gets light a lot earlier these days, the birds are singing, but its quite overcast and somewhat chilly. No wind however, yesterday, there was wind. 


I am thinking ...
About the fire in the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. It is heartbreaking when you see an iconic historical landmark in flames. I had much the same feelings when Windsor Castle had that fire in 1992.  So very sad to see. Praying that the damages can easily be repaired. 


I am thankful for ...
The prayers of others. My loved ones. My friends.  Just everything. I am blessed. 


One of my favourite things ... 
Cheerios, although they are not quite the same over here as they are back home.  They are still my cereal of choice.  I also love  . . .  


  

But we can't get that here at all! 


In the kitchen ...  

Beans & Weiners Under Cornbread 


Beans & Wieners Under Cornbread. It might not look that appealing, but I can promise you its delicious!  My oven is not working properly again.  The engineer is coming out again on Wednesday.  Sigh  . . .



On my "To Cook" list ...  

Recipe Tin Eats.  Baked Mushroom Rice.  It looks fabulously tasty!  


Good to know ...  

Clean Mama Net.  Making Life Simple.
 

I am creating ...  

Threadborn Blog.  Printing with a battery. I would have never thought of that!  


No source, but isn't it beautiful! 


  


Grandma Duck Designs. Mesh Dishcloth. 


Ann Wood. How to create texture with fabric.  


Oh Albatross.  An assortment of bitty creatures to sew. PDF downloads. Not free, but very cute. 


I am reading ...  


  


The Last Princess, by Matthew Dennison
An engrossing biography of Queen Victoria’s youngest daughter that focuses on her relationship with her willful mother, a powerful and insightful look into two women of significant importance and infuence in world history.

Beatrice was the last child born to Queen Victoria and Prince Albert. Her father died when she was four and Victoria came to depend on her youngest daughter absolutely, and also demanded from her complete submission. Victoria was not above laying it down regally even with her own children. Beatrice succumbed to her mother’s obsessive love, so that by the time she was in her late teens she was her constant companion and running her mother’s office, which meant that when Victoria died her daughter became literary executor, a role she conducted with Teutonic thoroughness. And although Victoria tried to prevent Beatrice even so much as thinking of love, her guard slipped when Beatrice met Prince Henry of Battenberg.

Sadly, Beatrice inherited from her mother the hemophilia gene, which she passed on to two of her four sons and which her daughter Victoria Eugenia, in marrying Alfonso XIII of Spain, in turn passed on to the Spanish royal family. This new examination will restore her to her proper prominence, as Queen Victoria’s second consort.

I have always loved Biographies.


I am looking forward to ... 
Cracking on with my Alice project.  Yesterday I made the components of a toadstool. Will share photos soon.


Dreaming about ... 


Bee hives  . . . .


  

Blue and white  . . . 



Red posies  . . .  Greengate  . . . 


  

Quirky aprons  . . . 



Pretty little boxes  . . . 


Makes me smile ... 

  

Anthony  . . .  he was only one years old here, and soon he will be 44. Where does the time go . . .  

Also  . . .  


My brother got it polished.  My mother was very proud of this accomplishment.  She won an Oratical Competition at Acadia University back in 1950. Mom had a newspaper clipping that she had kept from the event.  Such a treasure.

Something to watch ... 


Nowhere's near as good as the original (what is!) but very entertainine nonetheless. 

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
You are never too old
to set a new goal or 
to dream a new dream. 
~ C S Lewis  •。★★ 。* 。 

Corners of my Kingdom ... 


The Eden Project Cornwall.  Dubbed the Eighth Wonder of the World by some, the Eden Project is a dramatic global garden housed in tropical biomes that nestle in a crater the size of 30 football pitches.


And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

8 comments:

  1. So sad yesterday..In awe of the firefighters who risked their lives..Donations are already coming in..one over 100million euros.
    So many people could have lost their lives..sad sad for the world I found yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a really sad thing MOnique. Yes, the amount of donations coming in is amazing! xoxo

      Delete
  2. PS your mom's treasure♥How lovely is that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. He just needs to find a silversmith who can put the handles back on it.

      Delete
  3. So many ideas and lovely things to think of doing (heh, if I could find enough energy!!)
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you and the energy Elizabeth. I could also use some more! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi Marie~

    It has been cold and windy here as well! I'm really looking forward to warmer days. There is still a lot of snow up north, I'm not sure when they will get their fields planted...kind of scary.

    What a tragedy the Notre Dame fire was!! I heard today that it will take more than a decade to repair it.

    Your recipe for, cornbread, hotdogs and beans sounds delish! I love all of those things mixed together, that will be on my menu!

    The mesh dishcloths look wonderful! I have to have a dishcloth with lots of loose weave. I have been gifted a few that are so hard to use, and don't dry well because they are too thick. I'm going to give this one a try.

    Love the embroidery and the lovely blue and white kitchen. The apron is so cute, but I really love her shoes!! And I love the little jar, but I especially love the Lilly of the Valley on it.

    Anthony is adorable! I have a daughter who will be 44 in August! And your moms beautiful silver cup...just beautiful, what a treasure!

    I am finally getting used to not having my Cole around, my heart is healing...he is missed.

    Loved your daybook...love you!!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a long process Barb. I still miss Jess from time to time, but Mitzie helped a great deal to fill the hole she left when we lost her. Love you too Barb! Love, hugs and blessings to you always. xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!