Sunday 20 January 2019

Something For Sunday . . .

 

I hardly ever have enough time these days to do a proper post on Sunday mornings, so I am going to start something new.  I am just going to post a picture, and then you can tell me what it makes you feel or think in the comments.  I will too. 

Update on Mom: She did not want to get out of bed today and sit in the chair. She was resisting them when they tried to stand her up, saying "I can't" so they gave up. They said they would use a lift tomorrow. She's very frail and not likely to ever be able to hop on one leg using a walker to get around.  She's really going to need a lot of assistance to move around. I don't think she'll be able to do much of her own self care.

She has periods where she is fully cognitive and other times where she says things that don't make sense or that we don't know what she's talking about, so we just try and go along with it.
 
She doesn't eat much of the food they send her (hospital food) so we brought her a cheeseburger happy meal and she ate a good part of the fries and about half the burger and drank the juice.
 
(Hope my sister doesn't mind me copying and pasting her note to me here.  I just think it is helpful if you know exactly what to pray for.  Keep those prayers coming!  They are very much appreciated!) 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. This picture reminded me of the Birthday Parties my mom had for me when I was growing up. Mom has never been the kind of person who liked having a lot of people in the house, the fuss and the muss was not something she enjoyed. As an adult I really have come to appreciate these loving gestures on her part that she did for us as children that took her out of her comfort zone and into hostile territory! (LOL) She really loves us. That means the world to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had only one birthday party, my 9th, growing up. Too, too shy! Our daughter had a few and, like your Mom (prayers and blessings her way), didn't like people in the house. Always felt not clean, tidy enough and not beautiful as their homes! Have a good Sunday. Down in the teens tonight, no snow/ice, hopefully, here in Georgia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Admittedly I did not have many and I can't remember my brother or sister having any, but I did appreciate the ones that my mother did have for me. Stay safe and warm! oxox

      Delete
  3. It reminds me of the passage of time..
    Hope she feels better soon..

    She is a great mom Marie..I am sure everyone is cheering for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique! We all are and many more! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi Marie~

    This photo reminds me of birthdays I had for my own children. I don't remember ever having a birthday party with friends when I was little, only with my family. One time we had a birthday party on the lawn for my brother's 1st birthday, and he stepped in his cake! I remember everyone got a chuckle out of it!

    Thank you for the update, your family will continue to be in my prayers, especially your sweet mom. Love you - XOXOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Admittedly I did not do too many in our home Barb! Having parties at McDonalds was a lot easier and their parents dropped them off and picked them up, and McD's did all the work! Love and hugs and thanks for your prayers! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Reminds me of my childhood...and the early adult years when I lived around my mom and grandparents. After that, no parties of any kind. But a good meal is a celebration whenever it comes, right?
    So sorry your mom is having a tough day...getting her to eat SOMETHING, even McDs, is a good thing...glad that worked!! Will still pray she does ok!!
    Hugs, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a good meal is a celebration for sure! And you can even celebrate if there is only one or two of you! Love and hugs and thanks for the prayers! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!