Thursday 3 January 2019

My Favourite Things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png
A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitty pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    


Boxes of mixed Greeting Cards.  I miss them  They used to be handy to keep in the house for Birthdays and other events that came up unexpectedly.  For special people I am close to I like to by individual cards, but it never hurts to have an assortment of cards available to use in emergencies! 




Dried flowers.  They used to be quite fashionable.  I think this particular arrangement looks really nice, and very cottagy. 


  

Baby lambs  . . .  they are so cute. So filled with all of the joys of Spring. (which is just around the corner, you know, lol)  I love to watch them gambol.  



But wherever could I wear it  . . . .  eyebrows would be raised.  


  

Attic bedrooms, so long as they are cool and well ventilated in the summer months . . .  




Floral lampshades . . .  so pretty  . . . 

  

This kitchen is everything I love in a kitchen.  Carewaron countertops, glass knobs, wainscotting backdrops, wall-papered cupboard doors, a sink skirt, a window to wash the dishes by  . . .  
 



Bunting of any kind  . . . any . . . 


  

Even more eyebrows would raise  . . .  



Ruffles and lace  . . .  and cabbage roses  . . . 
  

  

Drawer sachets . . .  to keep things smelling sweet . . .  




Afternoon tea  . . .  well appointed  . . .  


  

Blue gingham sheets and pillow slips  . . . . 



Getting lost in a good book  . . .  its been a while since I've been totally captured  . . . 



Blueberry pancakes  . . . 


  

Bread . . .  fresh from the oven  . . .  with plenty of cold butter  . . .  



 Old wooden bread boards  . . . 


The warm glow of candle light  . . .  


  

Puppies   . . . 


Kittens  . . . .

And those are some of my favourite things.  What are some of yours? 


  

Bad news at my mom's appointment with her Vascular Surgeon yesterday.  Her foot is infected.  I was afraid of that.  She has been in so much pain.  They are now talking amputation at the knee.  He has put her on a course of anti-biotics, but he can't put her on strong ones as her kidney function is only at 20%, so he wants to see her next week.  Basically . . . she can let the infection kill her, or have her leg amputated to the knee.   Its all very distressing.  Please keep her and my sister in your prayers  . . .  (Mary and Cindy)  Thank you very much.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Try and keep on trying
until that which seems difficult
becomes possible  . . . 
and that which seems only possible
becomes habit and a real part of you  . . . 
~Dieter F Uchtdorf   •。★★ 。* 。 


Turkey Croque Monsieur 

There is something very naughty but also very nice in the Kitchen today  . . .  Turkey Croque-Monsieurs.  Oh my word  . . . so very tasty.  Sandwiches are also one of my favourite things  . . .

 
Hope your day is filled with lots of your favourite things.  Don't forget! 

 
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   


12 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, I'm so so sorry to hear about your Mum, what a terrible thing to have to deal with. I know with my sister she would be unable to make this decision herself and so it would fall to someone else to make, an absolute nightmare. My prayers are with you all and that God will point you in the right direction.

    Much love, as always. Thinking of you xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Kate. Its a hard place to be in! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Oh dear...how sad for your mom..
    Let's hope the antibiotics will just perfeorm miracles.

    Suvh pretty things Marie:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what we are praying for Monique. Its only a matter of time before she gets a bad infection anyways, but we are hoping more later than sooner. xoxo

      Delete
  3. So sorry Marie...will be asking GOD to help your mom!! and YOU!! Tis hard to be far away...
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. Don't forget my sister. She needs them too as she is dealing with it all first hand on a daily basis! xoxo

      Delete
    2. Yes, Marie, your dear sister as well...tough being a caretaker too!! xoxo

      Delete
    3. It sure is. Not for sissies! xo

      Delete
  4. So very sorry about your mother. Prayers for your sister and her and for you. Just so very sad.
    I don't comment too much, but I do love your cheery and thoughtful postings. Thank you for them.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. 😢 My heart goes out to your Mom, sister and you too Marie! Your family is always in my thoughts and prayers! Praying for a miracle now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Jan! Very much appreciated! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!