Wednesday 22 August 2018

What I Know For Sure


Life is full of ups and downs, wins and losses, sweet and sour, dark and light. You don't get to be my age without having learned a few truths. This is some of what I know for sure  . . . 


It doesn't matter what you are going through, good or bad . . .  all material conditions in this life are transient. Regardless of how the serendipity of life has dealt with us, it will soon pass. Change is one constant in the Universe. 


2 Corinthians 4: 17-18 “For our present troubles are small 
and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory 
that vastly outweighs them and will last forever. 
So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather,
 we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen.
 For the things we see now will soon be gone, 
but the things we cannot see will last forever.” 


It’s a simple realization that all of existence is in a constant state of transition. This moment, the way things are as they currently appear, shall change  . . .  and, it already has. Everything is always changing.


Every formation. Every object. Every structure. Every person. Every thought. Every concept. Every predicament. Every event. Every upset emotion. Every happy feeling. Every idea. Every belief. All of these will pass.


This is a happy thought to ponder however, not a sad one, because without this constant state of transition, nothing could ever become. Without death, there can be no life. Without the transition from day to night, you could see no stars. Things must and will change.  Every cloud has a silver lining if we but look for it.

We all have stand down moments, which require us to stand up,
in the centre of ourselves, and know who we are.
~Oprah Winfrey 

  

 Life is hard. It is filled with trials and hurdles to jump over, obstacles to move and move past  . . .  but it is also beautiful, and filled with wonder and excitement.  There truly is an opposition in all things.  What worries me today, might no longer worry me tomorrow.  The trials and happenings that face me are not near as important as the way I deal with them is. 

"Weeping may endure for a night, but
Joy cometh in the morning."
~Psalm 30:5

This is not to demean anything anyone is going through.  All of our experiences are valid and have worth, and while we are going through them, day can seem as black and blacker than night.  Things are always darkest in the middle of the tunnel we are going through, but tunnels always end and light always appears again, so long as we don't stand still. Sometimes it can take every ounce of our being to just keep moving forward, to just keep putting one foot in front of the other.  When someone we love betrays us, when marriages break down, when we lose what is near and dear to us, when jobs are lost, when the ones who are supposed to love us are the very ones who turn their backs on us . . . it can be very hard to find meaning in all of the pain . . . but I know for sure that changing the way we think about any situation is the impetus to changing it.  Moving forward, even when we can't see the light. Being open to learning from our challenges is the key to surviving them. Looking for the silver lining . . . if you never look for it, you will never find it, but it is always there. This I know for sure.

~~~~~~~~~~@~~~~~~~~~~ 


This photograph made me very happy and I hope that they don't mind me sharing it. My sister's two daughters have been visiting with her and our dear mother for the past week or so.  What you see here is three generations of beautiful, strong, resilient women.  I love these women with all of my heart.  I wish I could have been there with them. 

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly,
"One must have sunshine, freedom
and a little flower." 
~Hans Christian Anderson•。★★ 。* 。 


Carrots with Honey, Lime & Thyme 

In the kitchen today . . .  Carrots with Honey, Lime & Thyme.  Delicious!!

I will be working hard to prepare my lesson for this coming Sunday's RS  today.  I started working on it yesterday.  I only have a paragraph to guide me! Yikes!  Such a challenge!  But I am up to it.  I wish for you a beautiful day.  Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!



 



14 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, lovely post this morning and I have used the quote ' this too will pass ' on many an occasion!

    The family photo is absolutely gorgeous, your mum looks so happy!

    Well Ashley is still in hospital. She might be out today if she has responded to the antibiotics. They think it is shingles in her face and eye. Fortunately her mum arrives from Hong Kong tomorrow for six months so she will be able to look after her. Jen is also on antibiotics as her mouth is infected
    Hopefully they will kick in soon, she's stressed enough as it is! Thanks for the prayers.

    Enjoy doing your lesson, I'm sure it will be wonderful, lot's of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The most important thing to me is that my mother and my sister are both happy Kate! That is why this photo makes me so happy. My sister will be a bit sad now as her two daughters have both gone home, and things will be quiet in my mother's house for a while, but they all love each other very much and will have the happy memories they built with each other to help to strengthen them until they meet again! I am praying that Ashley responds to the antibiotics. Shingles in the eye are no laughing matter. My mother had them in her eye and they left her partially blind. How fortuitous that her mother is arriving tomorrow and will be able to help look after her! Praying also that Jen's antibiotics do what they should and she is looking and feeling her best for the wedding! ♥♥♥ Love and hugs. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Your sisters daughters are lovely:) Great pic of everyone.
    Have a beautiful day Marie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique! You have a beautiful day also! Xoxo

      Delete
  3. What a great picture of your sister, her daughters and you mother! You can see the family resemblance shining through. Maybe it's the eyes, not sure. Yes change is one thing that is a constant. We must move forward no matter. Hope your Wednesday is a wonderful one !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! My sister has my mums eyes for sure and probably a few other similar features. It’s no surprise her girls do also! Have a great day! Xoxo

      Delete
  4. I needed these words so much today. Thank you so much, bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Julie! I am glad that they were useful for you! Xoxo

      Delete
  5. I love that you are teaching Relief Society; I wish I was a fly on the wall to hear it. I imagine that you are a powerful teacher.
    I really love the awesome photo you shared of family. These women are beautiful and I can see in their smiles strong and great women. I wish you could have been there too.
    Life really is all about change. Without change we wouldn’t grow. I journal and as I look upon my life experiences and changes; I can see the deep lessons learned and the negative turned to postive in retrospect.
    I loved reading your thoughts today as I always do!
    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am actually quite nervous about it LeAnn! It will be my first time teaching with the new format! YIKES! I have been working hard on my lesson and I hope that I can convey what the Sister's need to learn. Thanks for your sweet comments always. You are a blessing to me! Love you! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Marie.....I had to chuckle to myself as soon as I started reading your blog. We also use the phrase in our home "This Too Shall Pass" but my husband always adds his part of "This Too Shall Pass....Like A Kidney Stone, But It Shall Pass"! Ha!
    Hope you are having a wonderful day.
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL You made me chuckle also Marsha! Kidney stones are no fun! Thank goodness I have never had one, but Todd has! God bless! xoxo

      Delete
  7. This was a perfectly lovely post and I enjoyed lingering over it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!