Thursday 23 August 2018

My Favourite Things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png
A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitty pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥


Buttercups . . .  over here you get them by the meadow-full.  Do you like butter?  Did you play that game when you were a child.  The one where you put a buttercup under someone's chin and ask them if they liked butter? 


Cows.  They are the softest, gentlest animals.  Did you know my Todd used to be a cowman on a farm down in Devon?  I forget how many cows he milked every day.  He loved working with the cows. 

  

Misty mornings  . . .  you always know when the mist burns off you are going to be in for a lovely fine and sunny day! (Well, in the summertime at any rate!)



Red Gingham table clothes  . . .  to me they say, "Come, Sit, Eat!"  You are welcome here! 


Books. They have always been my friends, and I enjoy the classics most of all! 

  

Monogrammed Tea Towels, especially linen ones  . . .  and red and white ones  . . . 



Rose hips.  They are very good for you, you know. You can get rosehip syrup to take in the winter. Its filled with Vitamin C. 

  

Honey.  I adore honey, but I rarely eat it now because of my Diabetes. I especially adore Greek Honey, which has a slight aniseed flavour to it. My father loves honey also. 


Pretty glass perfume bottles  . . . 

 

Pearls and lace  . . .  I really do like feminine things  . . .  I guess that is because I am a woman. 


I love this blouse  . . .  I wish I was the size to wear one of these.  I would look like a table with a cloth on it if I did now.  But if I was skinnier . . .  sigh  . . . 

  

There's that pink hair again  . . .  it all boils down to courage . . .  and cash . . . 


I love copper, but I hate polishing it.  All the copper I had to polish all the time at the Manor cured me from ever having any of my own, but I do love to look at it  . . . 

  

Forget - me - nots  . . . 


Noodles  . . .  of any kind  . . . 

  

Simple Tea Pots  . . . 


1 Corinthians 13:4-8   Its one of my favourite scriptures  . . . 

  

China with strawberries on it.  This is Port Meirion Strawberry Fair.  My sister had some Denbigh stoneware with strawberries on it that I coveted . . . for many years, and have not yet repented of . . .  lol.


There's that ginghaam tablecloth again, only this time it is covered with lace.  I have those chairs, and probably the table as well . . . 

  

Nantucket style cottages  . . .  with slate siding, white picket fences  . . .  and front porches to curl up on  . . . 

And those are my favourite things for this week, what are some of yours? 

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.
Sit.
Feast on your life.
~Derek Walcott•。★★ 。* 


Cob Salad Sandwich Wrap 

In the kitchen today . . .  Cobb Salad Sandwich Wrap  . . .  nomnom!

Have a beautiful Thursday. Tweaking my lesson today  . . . Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!



8 comments:

  1. Lovely wrap! And fave things Marie..Always so cute..Saw your box ..must be fun:) Enjoy enjoy enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Monique! I wish I could enjoy that box with abandon! My sins are catching up with me in my older age. I need to watch things like that now unfortunately. 😢 xoxo

      Delete
  2. I love the red gingham tablecloths! My colors are blue and yellow and I've been thinking of making new curtains in darker blue gingham. Now to find the time! Oh, and yes we played the game with the yellow buttercups. ~Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a whole set of blue gingham curtains that we used in the kitchen when we lived in the cottage at the manor. I miss that big kitchen! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Lovely post...and like you I adore that top...but alas, I too would look like a table with a cloth on it (or the side of a barn!!) Ahem!! Well, the other side of the coin is that few hesitate to sit down and eat what we fix eh? Hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true Elizabeth! I love that aspect of it! My table is the centre of my home! xoxo

      Delete
  4. I do love the cottage style homes. I would love a front porch to sit on.
    As always I enjoy reading through your favorite things.
    Yes, the red gingham tablecloths bring back memories of family picnics.
    I love buttercup and forget me not flowers. I should plant some; maybe next year.
    I love your taste in dishes. However, pink hair doesn't tempt me. I chuckle that you would be brave enough to do that one. It is because you have such a fun loving personality. I think you should do it.
    I love pearls, lace and classic books too. We do love similar things.
    the Cobb Salad wrap looks yummy!
    Thanks for this one; sending lots of love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope my heavenly mansion has a front porch LeAnn! I would love pink hair, but I doubt I would ever really be able to do it. I am a bit chicken on that one! Love and hugs! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!