Tuesday 14 August 2018

How to Spend Your Birthday . . .



I had the most beautiful day yesterday! Thank you all so very much for your Birthday greetings and your love, etc.  They all added up to the perfect day!  I was truly spoiled! I got ever so many lovely cards, etc.  Each was very beautiful.

It all began with breakfast at McDonalds!  I know . . .  but I am a simple girl with simple tastes and that simple girl wanted an egg McMuffin in a soft English muffin.  I don't know where they get their English muffins, but I can never get ones that are as soft and fresh as theirs are!! 


Tatiana gave me the sweetest little tea set.  I just love it!  Its very Cath Kidsonish! I can't wait to use it for a teacup Thursday on instagram!  It will fit right in.  I got flowers from Todd and of course breakfast, and my new journal, 2019 SB Calendar, and teacup . . . 

  

Monique sent me this lovely Bun cloth, beautifully embroidered. I can't wait to use it in my bread basket.  I'll take a picture when I do! 

I got a bazillion lovely greetings on FB and Instagram, which made me smile. I need to try to respond to each one if I can! 


My mom called me and my dad facetimed me, and I got to speak to my sister on Messenger! 


We coloured!  Tatiana is very busy at work here . . . 

  

This is the beautiful fruits of her labours here.  The colours are beautiful and you should see it in ront of a window with the light shining through it. It is like a stained glass window!  Just gorgeous.   I started an owl, but didn't get too far because my eyes were going all buggy. 


I got a Birthday present voucher from Hobby Craft and their promarkers were on sale, marked half price from £20 for a set of 12 to £10, so Todd took us to Hobby Craft and I got some new markers.  Tatiana had bought some the other day and I was so impressed with the brilliance of the colours, that I decided to get a set.  £20 for only £5.  I couldn't lose! 

  

Treated ourselves to a rare treat of this for our tea.  I was not impressed. It was cold, well not really cold, but not really hot either.  Still tasted good though. 



"I came here tonight because when you realize 
you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, 
you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." 

We finished the day with this.  When Harry Met Sally.  I love that film. I love that Meg Ryan is so cute in it and Billy Crystal so awkwardly funny throughout, the little clips of the old married couples, the scenes of New York City. ( I so want to be there at Christmas!)  I love the happy ending.  I just love the whole thing.

It was the perfect day! 

 

PS - Don't forget, if you haven't done so already.  Send me your e-mail address if you want to keep reading.  I am making this blog private by the end of the week.  Thanks! ♥♥♥

14 comments:

  1. Sooo much FUN! Glad your had a grand day and treats celebrating YOU, Marie! Such fun to see/hear bits from your day... How sweet is that tea set and bun cloth!! When Harry Met Sally is such a great one, isn't it?! Happy Day, my friend... LOVE YOU LOTS!! ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Marie! So very happy you had such a lovely birthday... you deserve it! I sent you my email address in messenger. I definitely want to keep hearing all your news. Have a wonderful day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the most perfect day! Yay!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's my email, before I forget...marainey01 at yahoo dot com. Sorry I didn't realize that yesterday was your birthday....so here is wishing you a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY. May the dear Lord bless you today and always ! You picked two of my favorites, McDonalds and KFC. Nice you didn't have to cook.
    Hope you have a terrific Tuesday !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! I love to cook, but on Birthdays I like to be treated for sure! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Hi Marie!

    Happy, happy, happy, late birthday!! I have been gone, and I am so sorry I missed your special day!!! It sounds like you had all the fun you could possibly have! Your gifts are all precious! You deserve all of the love that you can possibly get...and I love egg McMuffins as well, they are the best!

    I think you have my e-mail address, but I will give it to you just in case.

    Love you tons, sweet friend!!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my dear friend, I am so happy that you had a sweet birthday celebration. I loved the tea set, the flowers, new journal and bun cloths. What lovely gifts to receive. Of course, going to McDonald’s for breakfast; fun! I do love KFC, too. Sorry that the food was cold; but I am sure still good.
    I like the coloring and that you got some ne markers. I heard doing this kind of art is very relaxing and theraputic. I have thought about trying it for stress.
    A good old movie at the end of a great day is perfect. I have really been in to the old movies lately.
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeAnn! It was probably only cold because we brought it home instead of eating it there. Like you say, it was still very good! Colouring is a great stress buster! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  7. I'd love to be able to continue receiving your blog posts. My email address is melakamoon@aol.com. Thank you! PS, I've been reading your blog for at least 13 years. Where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its hard to believe I have been doing it for that long but I guess I have Melaka! xo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!