Thursday 2 August 2018

My Favourite Things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 
 
A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitty pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    
 
 
Kittens, especially orange ones. I love them.  There was a big orange cat in our back yard last night.  Mitzie put the run to it.  She is brave if we are with her. Otherwise it is just a stare down. 
 
  
 
Puppies, with their fat little tummys and waddle of a walk.  I love them too.  Just like babies, I think they are made cute on purpose.  So you will love them and naturally want to take care of them.  

 
French milled pretty bars of soap.  At the manor there were boxes and boxes of them in the linen closet.  Big bars, small bars, all smelling beautiful, and so very, very pretty . . . 
 
 
  
 
Red geraniums in pots on windowsills.  Can there be anything more welcoming? They just say to me, Come on in!  Somebody nice lives here! 
 
 
Big fluffy bows. On anything . . . 
 
  
 
Look at these baby shoes  . . .  love, love . . .  love.

 
Powder Puffs  . . . especially with lovely smelling powder . . . achoo!  S'cuse me!
 
  
 
Tea lights.  I tend to buy the little battery ones now because they are safer when it comes right down to it.  But I do love the smelly ones . . . 

 
I also like fairy lights  . . . 
 
  
 
Aprons.  Any kind.  Love, love them.  I used to have quite a few.  I need to dig them out and wear them more often! 
 
 
Cardigans, especially ones with 3/4 sleeves.  I hate having anything around my wrist. 
 
 
 

Marigolds.  Slugs hate them.  They make a great repellent for all sorts of garden pesks.



Stone steps  . . .  where will they lead.  I hope its someplace nice  . . . 

  

Gazebos  . . .  I've always wanted one  . . . 


Austria.  I loved our holiday there in 2009. It is one of my favourite places we have gone together. 

  

Sunflowers.  Any colour.  They make me smile. 


Garden statuary  . . . 

  

Historical Costume Drama's . . .  we just finished watching Poldark, series 4.  There will be a series 5, but it is said to be the last one.  Sigh  . . .  


Blooming heather  . . .  covering the moors and hillsides like a purple sheet . . . 


  

Cranberry glass  . . . 


Milk glass  . . . 

  

Jadeite . . . 


Vintage Pyrex  . . . 

  

An old fashioned larder  . . .  oh to have one  . . . 


The simple grilled cheese sandwich  . . .  nothing more, nothing less  . . . 


  

Ripe peaches  . . .  sweet and juicy  . . . 

And those are my favourite things for this week . . .  what are some of yours?

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.
No eye has seen, 
nor ear has heard,
and no mind has imagined,
what God has prepared 
for those who love Him.
~The Bible   •。★★ 。* 。 



 

In the English Kitchen today, another favourite, pasta . . .  with a really delicious Italian Sausage Ragu! 

Have a lovely Thursday!  Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

And I do too! 


8 comments:

  1. Lovely lovely lovely things!!
    All of them..pretty pics..things to admire..eye candy..all very very pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like a bit of eye candy and it is not necessarily handsome men for me. I like pretty things! xoxo

      Delete
  2. A lot of your favorites are also mine. I 'm definitely going to check out your ragu recipe. I have some garlic sausage in the freezer that just might work for this. Hope your have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it Pam! I made your Cowboy Beans today and they are gorgeous! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi Marie, loving all your favourites today! Hope you've had a good Thursday. I'm still waiting for my daughter to let me know she's ok after her op. My nerves are starting to jangle!!

    Lot's of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praying it’s all good Kate! Love and hugs. Xoxo

      Delete
  4. I do love kittens and puppies. We have had them both through the years. I’m allergic to cats so after the one we had for 18 years we haven’t another one. Sammy is much like a puppy sometimes.
    The soaps looks so lovely. I haven’t seen fancy ones like these but I haven’t really looked.
    Powder Puffs; it brings back some tender memories. I used to stay with a favorite aunt who always used to use a powder puff on us after a bath.
    Adorable baby shoes; I love all the cute ones that they make now.
    I’m an apron girl myself. I wish they were more popular. I use then once in a while.
    I do love sweaters and this is a lovely one. I like mine 3/4 sleeves because I don’t like to show my upper arms; the old age thing.
    Marigolds are the best! I just told my hubby we must plant some next year in the backyard.
    All your photos were fun to look at.
    I too love those cheese sandwiches and peaches. I’m hungry now!
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was probably hungry when I was writing it LeAnn! haha I love Marigolds. To me they are all like little sunshine smiles! Love, hugs and prayers to you! xoxo PS - not surprised we are so much alike!

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!