Friday 24 January 2014

Friday Finds


 photo FridayFinds_zpsb214ccd8.jpg

  A few of the wow moments, or things I discover each week that tickle my fancy.  I hope that they may inspire or tickle yours too!A few of the wow moments, or things I discover each week that tickle my fancy.  I hope that they may inspire or tickle yours too!

 

 Natural Apple Cinnamon Fruit Leather from Apart 17.  Not only is this a great blog full stop, but I discovered this fabulous recipe to make your own apple fruit roll up things.   I love fruit leathers.  My ex mother in law from way back when was a farmer's wife and she always made her own fruit leathers from the apples in their orchards.   There is nothing like the real deal.  Way better than a highly processed, coloured and additive filled pre-packaged thing. 



Aren't these cute?  They're Valentines Day Crackers.  There is a whole tutorial on how to make them and what to put in them HERE on Not Martha.  People amaze me with what they come up with. I always find myself wanting to slap my forehead and say why didn't I think of that!

 

Valentines Pancakes.  From Aunt Jemima.  It took a bit of effort to find the source, but I am so going to make these for my sweetie pie on Valentines Day!  Aren't you?  I'll have to make my own pancake batter from scratch of course, but what the heck!  Probably better for you anyways!



This wasn't supposed to be a Valentines Day post, but I found these really cute jars with free printables on The 36th Avenue and couldn't help but share them with you!   I Love free printables don't you???  I sure wish I had kids or grandchildren nearby that I could make these things for.  



Easter Bunny Eggs.   Actually a whole Easter Brunch for Two.  On Worth Pinning.  It's never too early to start planning.  I think this is adorable and so simple to do.  I don't think I will be using fruit on my eggs though . . . perhaps something a bit more savoury, like cherry tomatoes and olives?  I don't know!  I'll think of something!



Oven Clay Baked Bunnies.  You could paint these up really cute, or even just leave them as they are, or decoupage them even.  There is no end to what you could do with some of these.   Found on Create Like Crazy.

 

The Candy Ball Game, an idea I found on Seminary at Six a.m.  This looks like a real fun activity for kids!  Another why didn't I think of that moment.  Kids love playing pass the parcel (so do grownup!) so why not the candy ball game!  It would be so much fun!



A free Printable from Live Craft Eat.   I love this, and it comes in a lot of different colours.  I don't believe in coincidence, do you?   I believe in God-incidence. Everything for a reason and a purpose under heaven.  There are a whole bunch of free printables on that page, including monthly calendars.  Great stuff!

 

Paper Doll Bunting!  I almost squealed with delight here.   I am such a girlie girl.  The idea comes from Vintage Paper Parade and is for a little girls paper doll party, but I am going to do this for the craft room, using my own paper dolls!   And why not!

  

Crochet edged pillow cases.   I just adore these!  Such fun!  You can buy them ready made at Rose Hip on Etsy, if you are so inclined.  But if you have the time and inclination you could do your own.  There is a fabulous Tutorial on Sara vs Sara.  

Well, I hope that you found something to inspire or tickle your fancy as well here on my blog today.  I am always so inspired by the creativity of people!!!  It amazes me.  

A thought to carry with you through today . . .

(¯`L´¯)✿
.`•.¸.•´(¯`O´¯)✿

******.`•.¸.•´(¯`V´¯)✿
************.`•.¸.•´(¯`E´¯)
***************** `•.¸.•´
 

"You don't have to go looking for love
when it's where you come from."
~Werner Erhard  


You get two in The English Kitchen today . . .    


 

Creamy Skillet Pasta

 

Broccoli Mac and Cheese. 

I've been testing Gluten Free Pastas.   Oh, I did not go to the Dr for my arm, it seems to have sorted itself out.  If it happens again I will go for sure.

Have a wonderful Friday!!  I think we are off to the Temple.  Oh, and could you please keep my good friend Tina in your prayers today?   She is going into hospital for a knee replacement surgery today.  Thanks so much!!

Love you all!! xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!