Friday 3 January 2014

Friday Finds

  photo FridayFinds_zpsb214ccd8.jpg

 A few of the wow moments, or things I discover each week that tickle my fancy.  I hope that they may inspire or tickle yours too!


  photo 2b4f61846e7715602ea69b8fb49e31ea_zpsa7e01d49.jpg

Melted Ice Cream Hot Cocoa.  I thought the picture was cute.  I was intrigued by the name and just had to see what this is all about.  Reading the recipe it sounds hedonistically delicious and like something I might enjoy.  It is the recipe for a delicious hot cocoa type of drink concentrate.  You can find it here on Babble.   Don't blame me if you fall in love.   Its like a hot milk shake. mmm . . .

 photo 9998853cfcc38867e50980aafbdb62c3_zpscf2ab719.jpg

The perfect plan for a well stocked First Aid Kit on A Bowl Full of Lemons.   Actually  it's a part of an eight week series in emergency preparedness, so it's all good.   With the way things are going in the world today with erratic weather patterns, etc. . . . it never hurts to be well prepared for any eventuality!  Great page!

 photo 77a8ff90fd130ff0871265f8466a8b85_zps8a03896b.jpg

Smoothie Kit Creations.  For the freezer.   A fabulous idea.   Making these you will have everything you need to make a healthie smoothie in the freezer and right at your fingertips.   There sure are some smart people out there!  I love it!  I love smoothies!

 photo b326ee44fef6762d5a23eaf6c32b407e_zps8c857b18.jpg

I found this quote and I thought to myself yeah!  This is so true.  Can you imagine what the world would be like if everyone raised their children in this way?  I worry sometimes about the world my grandchildren are growing up in.  Will they be safe?   Will they be able to have and earn all that they stand in need of, etc.?   And then I hand it all over to the Lord.  I believe h=He listens to the prayers of righteous mothers and grandmothers.   Let go . . . let God.

 photo e6e949c5a86b37c7988209779306f68a_zps821e76f6.jpg

We cashed in some of our mutual Christmas Present yesterday and treated ourselves to a film at the Cinema.   We went to see The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, starring Ben Stiller.

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty is James Thurber's classic story of a day-dreamer who escapes his anonymous life by disappearing into a world of fantasies filled with heroism, romance and action. When his job along with that of his co-worker are threatened, Walter takes action in the real world embarking on a global journey that turns into an adventure more extraordinary than anything he could have ever imagined.

We both thorougly enjoyed this film.   We are both geography nuts and the scenery in the film is spectacularly beautiful.

 photo 7a1a431488fe1d719d4fcbf03dc4d973_zps62871f4e.jpg

Could this be my first project of 2014?  I don't know but I have fallen in love with it.   It looks easy enough.  You can find the pattern here.    I love the bright colours.    I just love this bag full stop!

 photo ce20d97736a8afcccb8bee026ea7259f_zpsd6f916d5.jpg

A free printable calendar for 2014 which you can find here on I Should Be Mopping the Floor.  We have several calendars, but I hate to mark them up, they are so nice.   A free printable calendar is something I wouldn't feel bad about marking up.   Am I alone in not wanting to spoil a pretty calendar by writing all over it???  I hope not!  (That page is a great resource for a lot of free housekeeping/organizational/management printables actually!  You should check it out.)

 photo d5b9863447ff6e60b2b60635230a079d_zps437a91a7.jpg

An Online Bible Study Group.   What next?   How fascinating.   It's a facebook group.   If you are interested in studying the Bible in 2014, you can find out more about it here.  

   photo 2b66c799a689ba45741fb10d0cd98e63_zpsbc83737b.jpg

A great plan for a hidden Kitchen organizer from the blog Two Twenty One.   If your refrigerator door looks a mess of things stuck all over it like mine does, this will come in very handy.   I love the idea of having this mess tucked away behind a door.  That blog is actually a great resource for all sorts of organizational projects.

 photo f0239a33ef87d049d00a5cf3bf4ef71d_zps77ce6ab5.jpg

This is from Home Stories A to Z.   This particular article is on making over your pantry, but this blog is a wealth of information on household tips and organizational tutorials.   Just what I need.

And now this morning I have discovered how pedantic and a bit OCD I can be.  Once I passed the number five, I had to go on to do ten discoveries.    I could not leave it at six or seven, eight or even nine.  I had to go to ten.  I learn something new about myself every day.   Sheesh!

A thought to carry with you through the day . . .

`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
The only difference between a good day
and a bad day is your attitude.
~Dennis S. Brown  



 photo SAM_2553_zpsbe33e9d5.jpg 

Cooking in The English Kitchen today . . .  Roasted Roots and Wheatberries with a Lemon Vinaigrette.  Delicious and healthy!

I wish for you a GOOD day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!