Tuesday 3 December 2013

The Simple Woman's Day Book

 photo smallsimplewomanicon_zpsac834e67.jpg

 FOR TODAY December 3rd, 2013

Outside my window...
It's very, very dark.  Cold too.  Brrr...

I am thinking...
✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
(¯`✻´¯)
`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ
"Whatever the present moment contains,
accept is as if you had chosen it.
Always work with it,
not against it.
Make it your friend and ally,

not your enemy.
This will miraculously transform your whole life."
~Eckhart Tolle
✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.



Trying hard to do this.  It's not easy though!

I am thankful...
I have a full blown cold/chest infection now.  So thankful it held off until I had given my lesson in RS on Sunday.  I have that choking/gagging/almost suffocating cough again.   I seem to get it every year this time. 

In the kitchen...


 photo SAM_2209_zpsf8b84b90.jpg

Chicken, Bacon and Leek Casserole.   Simple and delicious.

I am wearing...
A rather moot point . . .pajamas!


I am creating...  

  photo tumblr_mwr25qPr5Y1rc5v2so1_500_zps93201660.jpg

Sparkly Christmas Decorated Vanilla Bean Macarons from Kevin and Amanda.  Aren't they beautiful?  I have never made macarons.  Maybe this is the year I will do so. 

 photo christmas-food-gifts-reindeer-cake-tutorial-make-handmade-1waniliowe_ciastka_ren_1_zps59342a99.jpg

Aren't these the cutest reindeer cookies you have ever seen??  I know!  They are simple and they are gorgeous.  There is a tutorial here on Handmade.com.  

 photo cookiejar-6_zps7e21daad.jpg

Beautiful Speculaas from Sated Magazine.   I love speculaas and I love the simple way these have been cut out.  So plain and yet so very pretty.   There's not just these on that page either, there are also very scrummy looking shortbreads and hazelnut, brown butter thumbprints!

 photo cookieplate920_3_zps8775fc30.jpg

Crazy easy cookies at Chow.   Split seconds, chocolate crinkles, molasses crinkles, florentines, matzo brittle, hazelnut truffle fudge, chocolate drizzed coconut macaroons.   What's not to like!!

 photo 2efa64d9f8e5af06b38c0410250daf03_zps56d4f32c.jpg

Linzer Cookies.  You can find them and a whole lot more on Jens Favourite Cookies.   Lots of tastiness going on there.



Beautifully painted Christmas Mittens on one of my favourite blogging friend's pages, Monique . . . La Table De Nana.   She is so talented.  

I am going...
We have our Relief Society Christmas Social tonight . . . not sure if I will be going or not.  It all depends on how I progress today with this cough  of mine.  I seem to miss it every year.   I wish, just once year . . . I could go.

I am wondering...
Will or will we not have a white Christmas???   Probably not, but it doesn't stop me from wondering if we will!

I am reading...
 photo THE-MAGPIES-medium_zps219b9cc1.jpg


The Magpies, byMark Edwards
I know you are thinking, finally something new!   A young couple, Jamie and Kirsty move into their first home together, all  full of optimism. The future, in which they plan to get married and start a family, is bright. The other residents of their building seem friendly too, including the Newtons, a married couple who welcome them to the building with open arms. But then strange things start to happen. Dead rats are left on their doorstep. They hear disturbing noises, and much worse, in the night. After Jamie's best friend is injured in a horrific accident, Jamie and Kirsty find themselves targeted by a campaign of terror. As they are driven to the edge of despair, Jamie vows to fight back, but he has no idea what he is really up against . . . The Magpies is a gripping psychological thriller in which the monsters are not vampires or demons but the people who live next door. It is a nightmare that could happen to anyone.

This is a cracking, can't put it down, page turner!

I am hoping...
Mitzie has had a cough for a couple days now.  We are going to try to get her in to see the Vet today.  I am hoping and praying she is ok, and that it is nothing serious.  Poor baby . . . 

Makes me Smile...

 photo MitzieatPlay017.jpg

Looking back at Mitzie's baby pictures always makes me smile.  She was so cute and so brave . . . still is, of course!  She is so loving and affectionate and gentle.  Jess was too.  This is a quality they have in common.   We still miss Jess, always will, but Mitzie has filled that hole that was left when we lost Jess perfectly.

I am learning...
I need to learn not to take everything personally.   I need to develop a thicker skin.

Around the House ...
 photo fa3bc8b782209e9c73e82abb5dd569f5_zps8276a648.jpg

How to clean an iron with vinegar.   Find out how on Thrifty and Chic.  

 photo 04646bf17b7b54977089a629b5cdfac2_zps0fcb738e.jpg

How to get rid of and then prevent underarm stains on your clothing.  Gread advice on The Mama's Girls.   I can really use this.

 photo d60101b9574e77f52c12c8c3bd3ee97b_zps5f06a50b.jpg

I hate that awful film that using gas causes in the kitchen.  It covers everything.  I found this page which shows a recipe for Kitchen Gunk Remover.   Simples.

 photo 2771a7c707ebb0e89363271f051e8846_zps5650e9a4.jpg

Real Simple has a wide variety of solutions and easy cleaning ideas for the home.  It's a great page!

I am pondering... 
This year has passed quicker than any year I can remember . . . I wonder, is time speeding up???  Or is it just me???

A favorite quote for today...  

  photo 1016584_321052461369433_1175467279_n_zpsa05f533a.jpg

`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
(¯`v´¯)
  `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
  ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~

"The journey is filled with ups and downs.
Don't confuse the two
as ever being everlasting.
Get up everyday and apply yourself,
be authentic, trust your instincts
and know that the more you apply yourself
the better you get day by day.
The day you are waiting for is the day
you want to give up,
that is when you MUST keep going.
That's the barrier
between normal and greatness."
´´¯`•.¸¸.☆

~Jackson Kiddard

One of my favorite things...  

 photo cfc6777db67b6c5400af65d670851646_zps8fca5716.jpg

I do so love a good steak.  Don't you?

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Finish my newsletter for the month of December.   Catch up on all the reviews in my review queue.  Get rid of this cold.

A peek into my day...

 photo 1483356_413537335441421_145142509_n_zpsb29d9b89.jpg

I cannot imagine a day without at least a little of this going on . . . cooking.  It is an integral part of my life!  Sure there are days when I just open a tin of beans, but those are few and far between.  I love to cook and I live to cook.  Unfortunately I love and live to eat too and my waistline shows it!


 ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
   ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
   ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
   ░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░  



Wherever you go and whatever you do I hope there's a wonderful day planned for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!