Monday 30 December 2013

Small and wonderful things . . .


  photo SMALLANDWONDERFULTHINGS_zps0c49db7e.jpg

"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard 

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life.   It's the small things in life which truly mean the most.  Simple abundance . . . it's the best.

 photo SAM_4655_zps5b7e1eaa.jpg

Having the time to get into my craft room and play with my paints once more.  I have not had a lot of time for that over the past few months.   I always lose myself in a little world of my own making when I go into that room and start creating.   It makes me happy.  That reminds me of the talk which President Uchtdorf gave a number of years back on being creative. 

The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before.
~Dieter F Uchtdorf   

 photo SAM_2520_zps5e9204fb.jpg

Sharing Christmas with my honey.   I am so blessed to have found this man I share my life with.  We are the best of friends and we have always pretty much spent all of our time together.   Up until I got my job at the manor we even worked in the same place, and even when I was working at the manor, he was often working by my side when it came to dinner parties, etc.  He always used to come over and help me polish all that copper.  (a two day job for two)  I love him with all of my heart and there is nobody I would rather spend my life or my time with.   I don't like to think of a day without him being by my side although I know eventually it will come and one of us will go forward first, having to leave the other behind for a short time.    I am grateful for eternal blessings which we share.

 photo SAM_2526_zpsc0df620f.jpg

Spending Boxing Day with the Elder Missionaries.   We enjoyed a delicious dinner and then we got to watch a film together.   They chose it.  Jack the Giant Killer.   It had to be a film that was suitable without any sex or swearing in it.  The two on the left are from Tahiti and the one on the right is from Chili.    The one on the very far left is Elder Pahero.   He is a 2012 Olympic Gold Medalist, although he would never tell you that.  He was on Tahiti's gold medal winning Rowing team. He is a very humble and lovely young man.   His English is getting much, much better. It was so nice to have all of them in our home.  I made them popcorn to enjoy with their movie and they had soft drinks and chocolates.   It's always nice to have the missionaries over.  It is something which we love to do.

 photo SAM_2519_zps2e387a07.jpg

The blessing of bounty.  I have never known hunger in my lifetime.   I have never known what it is like to not have a roof over my head, or clothes on my back, or clean water, clean air to breathe.  I have always been able to see, hear, taste, touch, feel, walk, run . . .   I know what love is, and I know what it is not.  I know what it feels like to be a mother and a wife.  I know what it is like to have a relationship with a loving Heaveny Father.   I am blessed with abundance and I am grateful that I have a heart that knows it.

 photo SAM_2521_zps98bf9b32.jpg

Puppy dog cuddles and kisses.   Oh what joy this little madame brings into our lives.  Her sweet personality and disposition and unconditional love embroider each of my/our days with joy.   Surely there would be a big hole in our hearts were she not here to share them with us.

 photo SAM_2528_zps5076cf07.jpg

Turkey and Stuffing sandwiches after Christmas.   We love them.   We can't get enough of them.   We love them almost more than the initial dinner.

 photo 1531841_607779679294290_1150249123_o_zps69e0a99a.jpg

A fresh year in the offing, a new page to turn, a chance for new beginnings.
We are blessed.

A thought to carry with you through today . . .

 ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░
"Remember, when you judge another,
you do not define them,
you define yourself as someone
who needs to judge.
The same applies to judgments
directed at you."
~Wayne Dyer




Cooking in The English Kitchen today . . . Cheesy Bacon, Cabbage and Potato Gratin.   Delicious!

Have a great Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!