Monday 11 September 2023

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 



"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny? It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard 


 A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.




The gift of remembrance. Fallen Heroes.  The tenacity and unity of a nation. A world changed forever.  We grieved as one. We must never forget, and I don't. 




It was nice to finally be back at church yesterday and to be able to partake of the sacrament and renew my covenants with the Lord.  To take His name upon me and to remember Him in this special way. I love the Savior. He is my best friend. I would never want to live a life without Him being in it. I loved the lesson we had in Relief Society yesterday as well. It was based on a talk from the last Conference by Milton Carmago entitled, "Focus on Jesus Christ."

"The Lord Jesus Christ is the solution to our problems,
but we must lift our eyes and raise our sights to see Him.




While I was at church, Dan came over and fixed my curtain rod in the living room. One of the screws holding it up had come loose.  I am so grateful that I have a Dan to do these things for me.  I really appreciate everything he does for me.  I hate to feel like a burden to anyone but he never makes me feel like I am being a burden.  That is a special skill. To be able to serve others selflessly. Thank you Dan!

Supper at Cindy's. Most Sunday's I go to Cindy's for dinner.  This was my first Sunday back since before I got sick.  (Last Sunday we went out for dinner.) It was nice to be  back together enjoying a meal in my sister's home, with little Mac entwining himself around my feet beneath the table. So soft, furry and cute. With the faces of people that I love sitting around the table. With a nice meal set before us. I am blessed.


 

"Occasionally, weep deeply over the life you hoped would be. 
Grieve the losses. Then wash your face. 
Trust God. And embrace the life you have."
~John Piper

I came across this quote on Instagram this morning and it resonated with me.  I think all of us face disappointments in life. Our lives often look vastly different than we had imagined that they would.  I think it is important to sometimes acknowledge what was lost, what was/is hard.  Grieve our losses, allow ourselves to feel the sting of what will never be.  Allow ourselves to cry and to mourn.  There is a healing balm that comes with our tears, and as we wash them away, we can begin anew, move on, refocus  . . . place our trust in the God who knows and loves us even better and more than we know and love ourselves.  He can help us to transform our lives, even the ones we feel we have lost, into things of beauty.

Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old.
Behold, I am doing a new thing;
now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.
~Isaiah 43:18-19


Even in our darkest moments, it is possible to feel hope.




I Asked God... 
I asked for strength and 
God gave me difficulties to make me strong 
I asked for wisdom 
and God gave me problems to solve 
I asked for prosperity 
and God gave me brawn and brain to work
 I asked for courage 
and God gave me dangers to overcome 
I asked for patience 
God placed me in situations where I was forced to wait 
I asked for love 
and God gave me troubled people to help 
I asked for favors and 
God gave me opportunities 
I received nothing I wanted 
I received everything I needed 
My Prayer Has Been Answered.
~Unknown





I know this to be true. You cannot serve others without also serving yourself. It is a gift that gives back an hundred fold. In the blessing, you are blessed.





I have enough and then some.  I am so grateful for all the blessings in my life.  For faith and family and friends. Health. For food in my belly, clothes on my back, water in my tap, and a roof over my head, to love and be loved.  Enough. I am and have enough.


I must get my skates on. I have a lot to do this morning.  Also Cindy is stopping by after she drops Dan off at work. Nutmeg has a dingle dangle that I need help removing. He is such a large cat, it is very hard to hold him and trim at the same time.  It takes two people.  Right now he is laying on the carpet, next to my feet. He is never very far away from me.  I love that.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*How truly is a kind heart •。★★ 。* 。
a foundation of gladness,•。★★ 。* 。
making everything •。★★ 。* 。
in its vicinity •。★★ 。* 。
to freshen into smiles!•。★★ 。* 。
~Washington Irving° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛•。★★ 。* 。




In The English Kitchen today . . . the best Crock Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup.  The meal that cooks itself. Simple and delicious!

I hope you have a wonderful day and that your week ahead is filled to overflowing with small and wonderful things. Whatever you get up to, don't forget!

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═════════     


And I do too!       
 

4 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good weekend. Lovely weather here today, much better temperatures. We are heading into town to do lots of errands. Enjoy the start of the new week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! Go safely about your day! It is hot, humid and raining here. I think it is going to rain almost all week. We must take the rain along with the sunshine! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Maybe most people face at least some grieving loss and accepting what is...and it is true we surely need GOD to comfort us!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. Great minds think alike! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!