Friday 15 September 2023

My Friday Finds . . .

 



A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . Maybe they will do the same for you!    (Its been a while, what with being sick and everything.  Whew!)



 




Knit Hacker, a brilliant crocheted book to teach baby about the weather.  Love this.


 

  





 Stacking multi-coloured crochet baskets.  Love these also. A free pattern/tutorial from Christine Williams









A simple crochet headband.  I love this.  Just what I need to tame my unruly locks.  From Crochet Dreamz. Another free pattern.  There are lots of patterns on that page. 









Country Cottage and Tree Ornaments, from Bella Crochet. So cute.  Love the little house. Lots of free patterns on that blog as well.








Painted Rock Inspiration from Deborah McGee Art, on Etsy.  I used to love painting on rocks.









From EHow, how to finish the backing on a baby blanket.  I love the idea of backing these things with pretty fabric.  A lap blanket would be lovely backed like this.  








Free Printable Recipe Binder.  Just a Girl and Her Blog.  










The Sewing Loft, how to create Zipper Tabs. What a nifty idea to add interest to garments, etc.  









No source, just inspiration.  These are bottlecaps, painted on, and embellished.  Love them. If you weren't great at painting, you could decoupage them on with napkins or found papers.  Sweet! 









 
I really love this accordion purse/wallet.  Complete Tutorial on DIY Tutorial Ideas









A do it yourself, make it at home Autumn fragrance.  I am so going to try this out in my wax burner.  I never thought of doing this.  Brilliant!  Once upon a time when I had a wood stove I used to keep a pan of water and warm baking spice simmering at the back of the stove. Smelled like I had been baking all day!



 





From The Instructables.  A roll up glove box caddy to hold all your essentials.  What a neat idea!

Have you ever wondered why it is called a glove box? 

 A glove compartment or glovebox or glovie is a compartment built into the dashboard, located over the front-seat passenger's footwell in an automobile, often used for miscellaneous storage. The name derives from the original purpose of the compartment, to store gloves. 










Pie anyone? If you can't trust Betty Crocker, then who can you trust? 



 




 Oh my days . . .  Bacon Wrapped Grilled Corn on the Cob.  I've died and gone to heaven.  From The Spruce





Just when you think you've seen it all.
Long stemmed Bacon Roses.
What next?





A complete tutorial on Kiss Recipes. 





 





And finally, the Top Twelve Tips to lose weight.  Not sure it would ever be 20 pounds in two weeks, but what the hey!  Can't hurt! 


And that's it for this week. Not a lot I know, but I have to go clean the chapel this morning so I don't have a lot of time!


A thought to carry with you . . . 

.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° Remember that your natural
state is joy. ~Wayne Dwyer  •。★★ 。* 。






Cooking in The English Kitchen today, Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes, the small batch. Recipe makes two servings of rich, creamy, melt in the mouth, parmesan crusted potatoes. Delicious!


I hope you have a wonderful day. We will be battening down the hatches for the weekend storm. There was supposed to be a Relief Society thing in Halifax on Saturday, but that's been cancelled.  I suspect a lot will not be happening.  Whatever you get up to everyone, stay safe, be happy and don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!! 



4 comments:

  1. I love painting rocks, and leaving them for others to find. I see some Christmas ideas sneaking in to your finds.. I plan to make scalloped potatoes this weekend, will try your recipe. Love the roll up for things and the wallet, but I tend to leave the sewing too others these days and purchase from them. I do most of those things each day but don't seem to loose weight. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed these scalloped potatoes Linda. I liked that there was no sauce to make, just cut, stir and bake. And they were delicious! My sister is a beautiful seamstress. I think she would do that wallet beautifully! Have a good weekend! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Stay safe, too, Marie. Hope the storm doesn't hit you. Loved the bacon bouquet. Love and hugs, Elaine (in Toronto).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine! We are just sitting here waiting now. What will be will be. My sister and Dan have bought themselves a generator. Hopefully they won't need it! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!