Wednesday 13 September 2023

My Favorite Things . . .

 

Sharing today a few things that I really love to do, eat, experience, enjoy  . . .  maybe you will enjoy them too.


 


Turkish Delight, especially chocolate covered Turkish Delight.  It has always been a favorite.  Its my favorite one of all the Bridge Mixture mix, in a box of chocolates, etc. There is something about that jelly-like almost perfume flavored center, bathed in milk chocolate that just fills me with delight.  There is no other word. It is a delight!



Acorns.  There is something about the shape of an acorn that I really love. The little caps, the nut itself. Both together.  I imagine little fairies and elves stealing the caps to use for little hats, or bowls for their soup and cereal.  I know, whimsical.  But acorns invite whimsey.


 


Chinese Lanterns.  I have always wanted to grow them, and money plants also.  I love that you can dry them and use them as indoor arrangements for other times of the year.


 


Grateful for temperate climates.  How one season leads into another and holds the promise of the next.  I would hate to live in a place of endless summer.  I fear I would miss the snow and the ice. Summer would be taken quite for granted. And if there is no Winter, what would then happen to the spring  . . .  oh and then the autumn, with all of its color.  I am glad that I live in a land of changing seasons.


 


Brown eggs. I like brown eggs.  I don't know that there is much difference in taste between the white and the brown, but for some reason I just prefer brown eggs.


 



Sunflowers. They are so bright and cheerful. I had sunflower wallpaper once upon a time.  I would not have it now, but once upon a time I delighted in having loads of color on my walls. Now I prefer a simpler finish for the walls and prefer to get my color from the photos and paintings I choose to hang.

It is much easier to change the flowers in your vase than it is to change your wallpaper.


 

Pottery with a message. Especially Emma Bridgewater  . . . her pottery is so very charming.



 

Tis the season  . . .  love the smell of fresh apples this time of year.  Love cooking squash.  Love eating both in whatever way I can!


 

Piles of pillows  . . .  so inviting.  Love these colors. Warm.


 

Pretty casseroles. I used to have some like this. I got them as shower gifts when I got married the first time. Oh so long ago  . . . when you move a lot, as I have . . .  these things get broken.


 

Comfy socks that don't pinch your ankles.  I always have swollen ankles and I hate them feeling pinched.


 

Pretty jam jar covers  . . .  they look so lovely.


 

Fresh herbs and vegetables.  I wish that fresh herbs were more available here. I miss having them in my garden like I used to in the UK.  I tried last summer in window boxes, but they did not thrive.


 


Stacks of quilts, throws and blankets.  Can you ever have too many?  I think not!


 

Its just around the corner  . . .  autumn. We are on the brink  . . . 


 

A good pair of rubber boots  . . .  you can go anywhere with a good pair of rubber boots   . . . 


 

Embroidered pillow slips  . . .  I love them.  Embroidered anything.


And those are my favorite things for this week.  Were some of them yours too?


Looks like we are in for a few disturbed days weather-wise.  Rain, rain and more  . . .  rain.  I just hope that the hurricane has blown itself out before too long. People have still not recovered from last year's big hurricane.


My toenail lady didn't show up yesterday. I finally messaged her later in the day to see if there was a problem. She is now coming tomorrow morning instead. She is usually very reliable. I had to cancel my appointment from a few weeks back because of my cold and had rescheduled for yesterday. I probably threw her off.


Haha, I just realized today is Wednesday, not Thursday. I guess you will get a Thursday witterings this week! DOH!

And with that I will leave you with a thought for the day  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛Clothes make the man.
Naked people have little or no
influence in society.•。★★ 。* 。
~Mark Twain•。★★ 。* 。




In The Kitchen today  . . .  Impossibly Easy Tuna Pie.  Simple and delicious!


I hope you have a really nice Wednesday.  I think my sister and I are going to go to the mall this afternoon and then meet my father and Hazel for supper at a new place. I hope they have good fish and chips!  Whatever you get up to, stay safe, stay dry and don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   






4 comments:

  1. Loved your favourites today. Enjoy your outing with Cindy and dinner with Dad. Hope the bad weather passes you by. Stay safe, stay well. Love and hugs, Elaine (in Toronto).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyable favourites, whether they are posted today or tomorrow. Noting wrong with changing things up. I took Wednesday's pills yesterday so took Tuesday's ones today. Enjoy dinner with Dad tonight, hope the new place has delicious food. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EB love those things..too pricey for me.For commercial pottery no matter how cute..But she is timeless..not sure Rae Dunn is..:)Sounds like a good day:) Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good WedThurs Day to you. Also loved your favorites, but you can come dig up our Chinese lantern tree. Those are filled with multiple seeds and, yup, drop and grow more trees to become. Hate, hate that tree. Have chopped on it for years and still it thrives. I'm a garden lover, but hate that tree, well, except for the shade it provides! Sad, but true. Pretty in the spring, but right now, falling everywhere they should not and making a mess. On that sour note, have a great time tonight with your daddy.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!