Thursday 22 June 2023

My Favorite Things . . .

 



Sharing today a few things that I really love to do, eat, experience, enjoy  . . .  maybe you will enjoy them too.


 

Fresh pie  . . .  I need to bake one soon  . . . 


 

Florals  . . .  I love them  . . . 


 


Summer  . . .  so much promise to experience   . . . 


 

I love my home sweet home  . . .  I am safe here . . . 


 

Pretty tea pots  . . . love . . .  love  . . .  violets  . . . 


 


Hammocks  . . .  not so easy to get in and out of, but when you are laying on one, so comfortable  . . . 


 

Cake  . . .  any kind  . . . 


 


Pretty maids all in a row  . . .  love white china  . . .  pretty cups . . . 


 


Fledglings  . . . .  so fun to watch  . . . 


 


Strawberry season  . . . 




Yes  . . .  I could sit outside at my sisters and drink it all in for ages. Her yard sounds so pretty  . . . 




Poetry and words  . . . 


 

Anne with an e  . . . 


 

Good old fashioned water melon  . . .  cool and sweet . . . refreshing  . . . 


 

Bells  . . . 


 

Fresh bread  . . . just the smell alone  . . . 


 


An Aga to warm your toes by  . . . that carpet  . . . the chair  . . . 


 


Shelves lined with lace  . . . 


 


Gingerbread Cottages on Martha's Vineyard  . . .  always wanted to go to MV.


 

Ivy covered walls  . . . 


 


Freshly laundered sheets  . . . 


And those are my favorite things for this week. I hope some of them are yours as well.


A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.The fairies as was their custom
clapped their hands with delight
over their cleverness.
~J. M. Barrie•。★★ 。* 。




In The English Kitchen today . . .  a Chicken Fried Steak Sandwich. Delicious!  Quite easy to make as well!


My mother's old friend Will stopped by to visit me for a short yesterday afternoon. She only lives three doors down from me. A very nice and kind woman. Mom and she used to go to the Legion dancing on Friday and Saturday nights back in the day.  Her husband was my math teacher when I went to the high school here in town.  It was nice to spend some time with her. She has the most beautiful thick white hair.  


I hope that you have a lovely day, filled with some of your favorite things. May you be blessed and content. Whatever you get up to, don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   

8 comments:

  1. You have nice neighbours! Fun to jot downfave things:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed what lovely neighbors you have!! Would love to have more of that type here!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these favorite things! The Wendell Berry poem is one of my very favorites- if you haven't already, you might enjoy hearing him read it - just Google his name and/or the poem title and it will come up. SO beautiful.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! I did enjoy that. I found him on YouTube. A new favorite with me! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Later today as we had to go for blood work, then stopped for lunch and a quick visit with daughter. I have a teapot almost identical to the mauve flowered one, it has the cup that fits underneath. Starting to purge items, looks like we will probably be moving. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lovely day! I wish you all the best on the purging and the moving Linda. Its never easy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!