Thursday 15 June 2023

My Favorite Things . . .

 

Sharing today a few things that I really love to do, experience, enjoy  . . . 




I love this corner of my dining room table.  My poppies in the vase, my little stump teapot in one of my favorite colors. It just cheers my heart. My sister gave me the vase a year or so ago. I bought the silk flowers on Amazon. I like poppies and loved their cheerful colors.  That pot, I was in love with. I had a yellow one in the UK.  I got it on Amazon as well.  There is a diffuser built right into it and it makes just two cups of tea.  It is perfect.  This is perfect.


 

Fresh berries  . . .  I just wish they lasted longer in the refrigerator . . . 


 

Hollyhocks  . . .  when I lived in Suffield, Alberta, one whole side of our house was covered in Hollyhocks. Bright pink ones, and all along the back of the house was pink peonies.  It also had a white picket fence with a gate. Of all the houses we lived in, that one was my favorite.


 


This.  I love hares  . . . . 


 



Unusual words  . . .  now I am keen to use this word. So I never forget it.


 

This is a happy space  . . . .  I love it


 
 

The peony  . . .  so beautiful.  When you think of all the different flowers in the world, how amazing is that.


 

To dine al fresco  . . .  under a setting sun . . . with all your beloveds around you  . . .  candles burning  . . .  good food, good drink  . . .  love and laughter.  What's not to love  . . . 


 

Finding hearts in nature  . . . He loves us  . . . 


 

Ribbon  . . .  I love ribbon . . . 


 

Jam doughnuts  . . .  or is it donuts?  


 

Grocery shopping, especially in foreign countries. I love discovering new tastes and flavors.



A Staurniidae moth  . . . how beautiful . . . 


 

And they come in a host of different colors  . . .  these are only two of them . . . 


Isn't nature wonderful?



The original Snow White  . . . 


 

Yes please  . . . 


 

Real Linen Towels  . . .  especially red and white ones or blue and white ones  . . . 


And those are my favorite things for this week.  I hope that some of them were yours also!


A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.°If you're always trying to be normal
you'll never know how amazing you can be.
~Maya Angelou•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。


I did not get to see Glenna yesterday. She was going down for a nap right when I was scheduled to go over.  I did notice that she was out in the car earlier with her daughter.  She was checking her mail at the post box. I was encouraged to see her doing that.




In the kitchen today  . . . TikTok Baked Feta Pasta.  I had been intrigued by this idea for a while and finally decided to try it.  It was amazing!  Very delicious.  I downsized it for just two people.  So few ingredients. Such an easy process. Totally tasty!


I hope you have a wonderful day. I am going to be facetiming with my friend Jo later today. I am looking forward to that!  Whatever you get up to, don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   







3 comments:

  1. Good to hear Glenna got out for awhile, but a shame you missed your visit. Keep trying. Love unusual words, not heard of the one you shared today. Cool but no rain here today. Enjoy yourself today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pasta, what's not to like? YUM! Daughter and I made some Chicken Pho last week, first time...it was delicious I thought...maybe not exactly like our fav restaurant in our former city had, but very good!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marie, here's an easy way to keep your strawberries fresh for a long time in the fridge, and it truly works! When you bring the berries home, simply remove them to an airtight jar, or plastic container with an airtight lid. The trick is that the lid keeps the outgassing from the berries inside the container, and this prevents the berries from spoiling. Don't wash the berries, simply place them as they are from the source right into the container, cover it with the lid screwed on tight and refrigerate. Berries will keep for several days this way. Take out as needed, and clean before using. Keep the jar lid screwed on airtight after you remove some berries. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!