Thursday 1 June 2023

My Favorite Things . . .

 

A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, or that I just enjoy.  Maybe they will do the same for you. 


 

Orange cats. Gingers.  Marmalade cats.  Whatever you want to call them. They are my favorite of all the cats. I think they are smarter and have more personality.  Its all wrapped up in the disguise of being a bit bumbling, but don't let them fool you. They are the smartest of all.


 

Red and White Toadstools.  But you knew that already. 😉


 


Sunflowers  . . . they follow the light.  Smart flowers . . . 


 

Old Victorian houses, there's a few of those in our town  . . .  so beautiful.


 

Yes, please  . . . 


 

Double yes please  . . .  don't make me choose . . . can I half a half of each?



 


Roses  . . . especially pink roses . . . 


 

Puppies  . . . 


 

Poppies  . . .  they come in so many colors  . . . 


 

Fresh air  . . . 


 

A white picket fence  . . .  love, love  . . . 


 

Roof tops and spires  . . . 


 

Cottage Gardens . . . 


 

Wax seals  . . . 


 


Bluebell woods  . . . 



Peacock Butterflies  . . .  our garden in the UK used to be full of them . . . so pretty  . . . 


 

Perpetual calendars  . . . 


 

Pretty little dresses for little girls. I bought quite a few over the years for my granddaughter. Beautiful ones  . . . 


 

Herend porcelain  . . .  so beautiful  . . . my boss had the Rothschild Bird pattern . . . I was always so afraid of breaking it.


 

Cities at night  . . .  so beautiful  . . .  love the lights  . . . 


 

Fresh ripe figs  . . . 


 

Each one of you  . . . 


Its a beautiful sunny day out there this morning.  The sky is blue, blue, blue, not a cloud. We don't seem to be getting any fall out from the fires here.  I am not sure how they are doing, the fires.  Yesterday they were still out of control. Not sure how my daughter and her family have fared, if they have been evacuated or not. I am just assuming if there was anything to know my oldest son would tell me, so they must be okay.

No news is good news, right?

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *Friendship renders prosperity more brilliant,
while it lightens adversity by sharing
and making its burden common.
~Cicero•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。




Nothing too exciting in The English Kitchen today. I small batched my favorite Greek Salad. Made for a lovely light lunch.


Whatever you get up to today, I hope you get to enjoy at least a few of your own favorite things!  Don't forget!


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   





4 comments:

  1. Cream splits for me, when we lived in England and ran a corner store we had a baker that would deliver fresh donuts and his cream splits were so-o-o-o delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, cream splits are lovely for sure. Have you ever tried making your own? xoxo

      Delete
  2. Marie, about the dry skin on your face, the best cream that I have found is Dove Nourishing Body Care. I use it on my face as well as hands, my feet, and it is the only cream that ever stopped my hands from being sore in the winter. I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!