Tuesday 20 August 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 


FOR TODAY, August 20th, 2018

Outside my window ... 
The sun is up but its very overcast with heavy dark clouds. Looks like a rainy day is in the offing. We have had a very wet summer so far and there is not much summer left. I have noticed the leaves beginning to change and there is change in the air. 


I am thinking ...
Failed my blood test last week.  Have to go take another one at the hospital tomorrow to check my UE Levels.  Please send happy thoughts. 


I am thankful for ...  

A friend sent me this class photo of our Grade Six Class on FB this morning.  We would have all been 11 years old or so.  I am not hard to pick out. Fifth from the right, white blouse, plaid skirt, geeky glasses and hair style. We are all actually a little bit geeky looking.  That's grade six for you. I am still in touch with most of those kids, but not some. I wonder what happened to th eones I am not in touch with, how their lives turned out.  Has life treated them well.  Hopefully it has, but chances are that there are some sad stories to tell.  When you are only 11 years old your whole life stretches out before you with so much promise. Pages waiting to be written upon. 


Thankful for my childhood and the kindnesses life has seen fit to bless me with thus far, the many blessings, and yes, even the bad times because it was through the bad times I experienced the most growth as an individual. What didn't kill me made me stronger, better . . .  


In the kitchen ...  


Fillet of Sole with Fresh Breadcrumbs 


Fillet of Sole with Crispy Fresh Bread Crumbs.  Seriously simple and oh so tasty.



 On my "To Cook" list ...  




French Dip Bundtwich with Caramelised Onions from Pillsbury. This just looks incredibly tasty.  I love French Dips.  I have never thought of using my bundt cake tin in this way! 

Good to know ... 



One Good Thing by Jillee. How to make your house smell like Fall. I love a house that smells nice, don't you?

I am creating ... 


Knit Hacker.  What an adorable Fox Hat.  Love the tail! 




I am in love with this little Jack Frost Ornament. But I can't find the instructions anywhere? 




Hello Bee. DIY High Chair Bunting. Seriously cute! 



Anony Knits.  Lemon Hat. So sweet!  (And yet so sour!)  Are you hearing Harry Belafonte sing Lemon Tree in your head right now like I am?  Lemon Tree, very pretty and the lemon flower is sweet, but the fruit of the poor lemon is impossible to eat.  You're welcome! 
  



Anna Hrachovec on Ravelry.  Tiny Gnomes. Cute! I could see a small tree covered with these.

I am reading ...  

The Pie Lady, by Greta Isaac
What is a Pie Lady moment? For one family, it’s breakfast on the patio. For another, it’s Mom serving up creamy chicken and noodles.

These are Pie Lady moments: times of goodness and glamour in the middle of ordinary days. In The Pie Lady, Mennonite homemaker Greta Isaac ushers readers into the kitchens of Velda, Shyla, and other Pie Ladies as they whip up confections and concoctions that please the mouth and nourish the soul. Fans of Ruth Reichl, Sherry Gore, and Ree Drummond will love Isaacs’ intimate, delectable writing.

Home cooks will love the recipes that appear in each chapter. Maybe you drop grapefruit slices in a glass of water. Maybe you brown the gravy and salt it from eighteen inches up. (Forget for now the sink full of dishes.) Each cook has her own Pie Lady moments. Each has a story to tell. Hear straight from Amish and Mennonite people themselves as they write about their daily lives and deeply rooted faith in the Plainspoken series from Herald Press.

Loving it so far. Loving the little stories and the recipes also. Timeless.  Feel good.

I am looking forward to ... 
October and seeing at least two of my children.


Dreaming About ... 


Jade-ite Bowls  . . .  so pretty  . . . 

  

Window bottles  . . . .



Lace Trimmed Shelves  . . . 

  

Fireplace cosy  . . . 

  

Beautiful windows and roomy kitchens  . . . 

Makes me smile ... 

  

Peek-a-boo cats . . . 


Something to watch ... 


Gone with the Wind, it just never gets old  . . . 


A thought to carry with you  ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Sometimes you have
to give up on people.
Not because
you don't care, but
because they don't.
~unknown   •。★★ 。* 。 

Not sure I have it in me to give up  . . . 


Corners of my Kingdom ... 


 Dunottar Castle, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

12 comments:

  1. Well, it is hard to totally give up on people...I finally have reached a place of peace however...and they are "set aside" for now...maybe for this life. Either way twill be ok. We have to concentrate on the "Given" and not let it destroy the "not-given" don't we?? Had some good success on a couple recipes I am working on...so that made for a good weekend!! Weather is cooling here a bit...so cooking will be more exciting too!! Sending you hugs and understanding,
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any success is a bonus Elizabeth! I am like you, having reached a place of peace. You can't change what you have no control over!! I am enjoying the cooler mornings and evenings! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Fingers crossed for blood tests? How does one fail? Not sure what you mean?Was there an error in labeling? Cute cute things Marie especiall love the class photo..You have been great at keeping in touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to make light of it Monique. I have had some spurious results that bear re-doing and am hopeful that nothing sinister is in the works. Your happy thoughts are much appreciated! We have a whole highschool group of friends on facebook that are really great at staying in contact and touch, having had several in person reunions. I have never been able to attend them, but do love my contact with my old school chums! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi, Marie! Sooo good to check in with you! Oh, but very sorry to hear about your blood tests... Prayers that all goes OK tomorrow! I'm wondering what the failed tests mean too. We're beginning to feel the slow close of summer here too. It's been nice weather still, but much cooler evenings, and the garden has that tired end-of-season look. Wow--that is so nice that you are still in contact with so many of your childhood/school friends. I've lost all contact with school friends, and when you live far away too... well, people forget about you--haha! Your fish plate looks incredibly good and healthy too--yum! That fox hat is ADORABLE! Looks like it only comes in kids sizes, shucks! ;) Your current reading sounds really delightful! That somehow reminds me I have a couple of Amish novels on my Kindle for reading yet--hooray! LOVE that sneak-a-peek-a-boo kitten! Happy week, my Sister-Friend... LOVE YOU SOOO MUCH!! OXOXOX ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet with your skills as a knitter Tracy, you could easily make the fox hat pattern larger! Happy week to you also. Love you and all my love to TJ and Luna also! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Loved your class picture. I have one very similar. I'm in the front row with horned rimmed glasses, hair kept back with a band, wearing a blouse with a Peter Pan collar and a necklace with yarn pom-poms on each end. Oh, my! Pretty much a fashion failure, lol.

    Would love to step into that cozy livingroom on a cold, blustery day. It's still very hot and humid here. I wanted to make some zucchini muffins but it is way too hot to turn the oven on. Perhaps later in the week. I tried to get "The Pie Lady" from the library but sadly they don't have it.

    Hope you get better results from your new blood work tomorrow. Take gentle care. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine! I am reading the Pie Lady on my kindle Over here sometimes the library will "borrow" books from other libraries for you to read! I think when you and I were in Grade six we were a lot less "worldly" than girls of that age today! I am grateful for a childhood that allowed me to stay a child for a relatively long time in comparison! It makes me sad when childre are forced to grow up too soon! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  5. I agree, Gone With the Wind is timeless!
    After our last cross-country move I swore "Never again!" … but seeing that cozy scene with the fireplace. I'd be there in a heartbeat. If only in my dreams ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Mevely. If only in our dreams! You know what they say if dreams were wishes, beggars would ride! xoxo

      Delete
  6. The food looks yummy! I always love the crocheted or knitted items and wish I had time to do a few things. I do like the Christmas ornament ones.
    The book looks like a delicious one too. You do choose interesting books.
    I like your dreaming photos. I love the blue and white kitchen. The canister set in the cupboards area a favorite.
    Yes, "Gone With The Wind" never gets old. I need to watch it again. However, it would probably be without my dear hubby. He will watch Hallmark movies but this is a long one.
    Any photo of Scotland is good; it an ancestral country for me.
    I wish I could visit England and there someday.
    I am excited for your children to come for a visit.
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it is a long film LeAnn! That is the beauty of streaming services however. You can stop a film any time you want to and then go back and finish it another time! It always remembers where you finished! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!