Tuesday 6 August 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
 
FOR TODAY, August 6, 2019

Outside my window ...
Its dry and the sky is blue. It looks like it is going to be a fine day. A bit cool, but I'm not complaining!  Me and heat/humidity don't do well together! 
 
I am thinking ...
I sure hope that I can get all the things I need to get done done this week! I have a recipe to do for my writing gig, recipes for the food blog, a lesson to prep for RS this Sunday, house to get ready for company and then all my regular stuff. I love being busy though, so its all good! 
 
I am thankful for ...
Being busy and being in relatively good health.  Also thankful that Mitzie seems to be feeling a lot better this morning.
 
One of my favourite things ...  

  
 
Salted pretzels.  I prefer them unadulterated with other flavours.  Just salted will do.

In the kitchen ... 
 
Pan-Seared Salmon with a Sweet & Spicy Asian Glaze 
 
Pan Seared Salmon with a Sweet & Spicy Glaze.  Perfectly cooked salmon.  It marinates for half an hour or more (if you have time) in a spicy soy ginger orange marinade and then is quickly seared and panfried.  The marinade gets thickened and drizzled over top.  Delicious! 
 
 On my "To Cook" list ... 
 
 
We have a friend with a birthday on Thursday who likes a bit of spice, so I  am planning on making him some spicy Homemade Tomato & Chilli Jam.

Good to know ... 


 
Sounds good  . . . 
 
 
I am creating ... 
 
  
 
Real Simple.  Snowflake decorations that go beyond the norm.  Nice and there is a variety of them, not just marshmallow ones, although the marshmallow ones are pretty cute! 
 
 
 
Linda Vincent.  Cardboard box and clay houses.  Inspiration only.  
 
 
 
Tatertots & Jello.  Ghost wreath tutorial.  
 
 

 
A Beautiful Mess.  Marbled clay ring dish.  
 
 
  
 
Glue Sticks.  Nail Polish Washer Necklace.  
 
 
 
I am reading ... 
 
 
 
The Silent Ones by K.L. Slater  
This morning, I was packing up lunches, ironing, putting on the laundry I should have done last night. Now my precious daughter is accused of murder.

When ten-year-old cousins Maddy and Brianna are arrested for a terrible crime, Maddy’s mother Juliet cannot believe it. How could her bright, joyful daughter be capable of such a thing? As the small village community recoils in horror, the pressure of the tragedy blows Juliet and her sister’s lives apart. And things get even worse when their daughters retreat into a self-imposed silence.

Can anyone reach Maddy and discover the truth before her fate is sealed? Juliet is crushed. Nothing will ever be the same for her darling girl. But she knows that to find out what really happened that day, she and her sister must unlock the secrets of their own terrible past, a past they swore never to speak about again… 
 
Very good! 
 
I am looking forward to ...
A pre-birthday lunch with my friends Tina and Carolyn on Monday! 
 

Dreaming about ... 
 
 
Light and bright Scandanavian style  . . . 
 
 
  
 
Scented Candles  . . . 



 
 
Four leaf clovers  . . .  good luck  . . . 
 
 
  
 
Frosted pine cone garlands  . . . 


 
A trip to the seaside . . . 
 
  
 
Misty mornings  . . . 


Makes me smile ... 
 

 
 
Don't worry  . . .  be happy  . . .  that song always makes me smile. 
 
 
Something to watch ... 
 
  
 
Starfish.  An unforgettable true story.  We watched this last evening on Prime.  Very good.  If you would like to read more about the real story that inspired the film, click here.  It all started with a prick on the gum from a Dentist.  Sepsis  . . .  Scary. 
 
 
A thought to carry with you ... 
 
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
The same boiling water 
that softens the potato
hardens the egg.
Its all about what you
are made of, not
the circumstances.
~unknown•。★★ 。* 。 
 
 
Corners of my kingdom ... 
 
 
 
Alfriston Village in Sussex.  Very picturesque village.  We used to visit it often when we lived down South . . . 
 
 
And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   
 

13 comments:

  1. Hi, Marie! So glad all is well with Mitzie.... It's so hard when our fur-babes are unwell. :( How I miss pretzels sometimes--proper pretzel-shaped pretzels! Yup, just salted for me too. ;) You can get some salted pretzel sticks here sometime but they are almost TOO salty... haha... Ooo... your salmon recipe looks so tasty! So does that tomato-chilli jam! That ghost wreath is VERY cute! Halloween will be just around the corner soon... Enjoy your busy week, my friend! LOVE YOU LOTS!! ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It won't be long Tracy and Autumn will be upon us I hope you will try the salmon. Its delicious! Love and hugs to you sweet friend. ((((hugs)))) xoxo

      Delete
  2. Not sure I'll watch Starfish because of dentist content.


    Love my daughter's tomato jam..at first even the name didn't thrill me lol..now I LOVE it.Great gift idea Marie.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They didn't mention the Dentist in the film actually Monique, I only learnt of that in researching the story. Septicemia is scary full stop. Blood poisoning and it if isn't checked soon after it starts you can die. The statistics are frightening. If this man had been treated properly when they presented him to the A&E he would probably have been okay. He's lucky to be alive. Most do not make it if its gone as far as his did. It really is a great movie and Joanne Froggatt is amazing in it. I have loved her since Downton Abby. She always reminds me of a Disney mouse, lol, from Cinderella! xoxo

      Delete
    2. Just like DA?But not in the mouth ?

      Delete
    3. I can't wait for the DA movie in the autumn! Not long to wait now!

      Delete
  3. Hi Marie, sounds like you have a very busy week planned. I'm so glad Mitzie is feeling better. I love the plain pretzels, too, especially with little bites of chedder cheese. And I'll definitely make the salmon. We have salmon once a week and this will be a new way to prepare it. Joanne Froggatt is one of my favourites, too. Can't wait for the Downtown Abbey movie to come out. May your feet have wings as you strive to get everything done but don't forget to rest. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for the Downton Abbey also Elaine! That is one of my favourite shows and we still watch the re-runs over and over again. We never tire of it! Oh, I will have to try pretzels with some cheddar. It sounds great! Love and hugs! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Yeay for Mitzie's bounce-back! It breaks my heart when they can't communicate where it hurts. Thanks for sharing this salmon recipe! I love it, but have never tried making it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its hard to know what to do Mevely and now she is getting older, every illness comes with an element of fear! I hope you will try the salmon recipe! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Honestly, I have never tasted tomato jam...but I think you are a jewel to make some for a birthday gift for a friend!! What a lovely idea, Marie!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly, I have never tasted tomato jam...but I think you are a jewel to make some for a birthday gift for a friend!! What a lovely idea, Marie!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its quite nice Elizabeth! Great on burgers! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!