Monday 5 November 2018

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 

"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard 

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.



These two. I love that even though she no longer lives with us, Ariana is a part of our lives and that means that Grace and yes, Jose are too. I love that they only live around the corner from us, and that they don't  mind spending time with us. It means the world to me.  


  

Super Heroes and Cow Girls. Grateful that my daughter shares Halloween pictures and that I can see them. 


Cute little pumpkin carvers.  That pumpkin also looks pretty amazing. I think he might have had help.  

  

She looks like she has oodles of personality.  Wish I knew these grandchildren of mine better. She has the Villeneuve bum-chin.  My dad loves that this trait of his is carried on down through the generations. 


Speaking of my dad. We got to facetime the other day and it was great.  I don't speak a lot about my dad on here, but I love my dad very much. He means the world to me.  We share a lot of common personalty traits I think.  He has a great sense of humour (so does my mum) and he doesn't let too much bother him. He's pretty easy-going. He loves to laugh and to read. He's kind and intelligent, and a huge part of who I am. 




My sisters latest piece.  I don't know what medium she used, possibly acrylic?  I think she is just so very talented.  Love her to bits.  I miss the closeness we used to have.  A part of that is that we just live so far away from each other now.  Our view points may differ in many areas, like our tastes in music for instance . . .  but we also have a lot in common.  Most important of all we love each other and share a history together that we share with no other person on earth.  Its a sister thing  . . . 

  

The opportunity I have to begin each week by partaking of the sacrament at church and renew my Baptismal Covenants to take His name upon me and always remember Him.  Its like being washed clean every week.  Given the opportunity to do and be better.  Yesterday there was also a baby blessing at church. I love baby blessings.  

 

In the Church of Jesus Christ we don't do Christenings or Baptisms of Infants.  Instead we have baby blessings. The father of a child and worthy Priesthood holders in the family bring the child to the front of the congretation and togther hold the baby in their arms while the father gives the child a name and pronounces a blessing upon them.  Its a pretty special occasion.  I love listening to the blessings these fathers give their children.  It is kind of bittersweet for me.  They are beautiful but as I am listening to them, I can't help but think about my own children having missed out on such a beautiful thing.


  

My weekly calls with my mother and hearing those last few words when she says, I love you too.  I miss my mom. 



The new discussion based lesson format that we have in Relief Society, where we get to participate as a group and each of us have input into the discussion.  I get a lot out of these discussions.  Its nice to hear other sister's viewpoints on things and to share together.  It can be a bit daunting to lead such a discussion because you need to be able to ask questions that get the sisters thinking and talking.  Yesterday we had a brilliant lesson.  Next Sunday Ariana is teaching and then the Sunday after that it is my turn again.  I love also that we have Sisters of all ages participating in this sharing of ideas. That keeps RS fresh and enjoyable.  


I think for the most part that I have a very good life.  Sure there are things I would change if I could change them, but I try not to dwell on those.  Making the most of what you have been given is the key to a happy life.  Blooming where you are planted.  Its a good thing.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
People will throw 
stones at you.
Don't throw them back.
Collect them all,
and build an empire.
~Unknown 
•。★★ 。* 。 


Bacon & Egg McMuffin Casserole 

In the English Kitchen today  . . .  Bacon & Egg McMuffin Casserole.  Deliciously different. Simple, quick and easy also.  We loved this! 

I hope the week ahead for you  is filled with lots of small and simple things!  Don't forget!

 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

And I do too!




8 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, how gorgeous is Grace! It's lovely that you and Todd are part of their lives, I'm sure they love seeing you two as much as you and Todd love seeing them.

    Your grandkids are so beautiful too, can't believe how much they've grown!

    Happy Bonfire Night and not too many toffee apples! Lot's of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Bonfire night Kate! Did you go to the River festival? I won't be eating any Toffee Apples! Not my favourite thing, now Parkin on the other hand! That I love! Love and hugs. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Reading this is such a great start to the week. I still read every day. I just don't take the time to comment as often as I should. But thank you so much for your writing/sharing; it's part of my routine to come here and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Anna! Its always nice to see a comment from you and nice to know you are still reading! God bless! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I agre! Yes! Making the most of what you have been given is the key to a happy life. Blooming where you are planted. Its a good thing. Wishing you a great start to this new week. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you Pam! I know you are also a bloom where you are planted type of girl! xoxo

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed reading this one tonight. I am so happy that you have that sweet friend and baby to be close too. I know that has been a great joy in your life.
    I loved the enduring and lovely photos of your sweet grandchildren. I’m happy that they share these with you and I wish that you can see them sometime soon.
    We are blessed to have the technology we do to keep us closer.
    I is awesome that you could visit with your dear Dad. I know you love those weekly chats with your Mom. I miss my parents so much so enjoy every moment.
    It’s awesome that you have a sister that you cherish. I liked her work. You are both so talented.
    I love the Sacrament meeting too and the special moments of partaking of those sacred emblems. I think baby blessings are the best and love when there is one.
    The Relief Society lessons are fantastic. I wish I was a fly on the wall to hear your lesson.
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeAnn! I wish you could be there also! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!