Tuesday 19 December 2017

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
 
FOR TODAY, December 19, 2017

Outside my window ...
Its cold and dark and quite typical of this time of year.  All is calm.

I am thinking ...
One week from today all that we have been working towards in December will be done and dusted. I have not gotten done even a fraction of what I had wanted to do. Next year I MUST start earlier! (I know, I say that every year, lol)

In the kitchen ...

 
 
Swiss Style Chicken.  This is delicious and a very simple make.  So simple and yet totally from scratch. No mixes, etc.  I bet even Todd could make this with a tiny bit of help!

On my "To Cook" list ...

 
Small Batch Beignets.  Recipe makes only 4.  Perfect for the small family. From Dessert for Two.
 
Good to know ...

 
I am creating ...
   
 
I know I have shown you this before, but I am actually crocheting it at the moment, using up some yarn scraps.  Granny Square Tea Cosy. From MacKenzie Patterns.  
 
 
I could not find a source for these, but I think they are adorable.
 
  
 
Pirates Baby Booties.  A free pattern from Krawka
 
 
Another scrap buster.  Granny trees. From Love Crochet.  Not free, but not overly expensive either.  
 
Knitting for Home.  A crochet Tablet wedge or book pillow.  
 
I am reading ... 
 

 
 

Wonder, by R J Palacio  
 
'My name is August. I won't describe what I look like. Whatever you're thinking, it's probably worse.'

Auggie wants to be an ordinary ten-year-old. He does ordinary things - eating ice cream, playing on his Xbox. He feels ordinary - inside. But ordinary kids don't make other ordinary kids run away screaming in playgrounds. Ordinary kids aren't stared at wherever they go.
Born with a terrible facial abnormality, Auggie has been home-schooled by his parents his whole life. Now, for the first time, he's being sent to a real school - and he's dreading it. All he wants is to be accepted - but can he convince his new classmates that he's just like them, underneath it all?
WONDER is a funny, frank, astonishingly moving debut to read in one sitting, pass on to others, and remember long after the final page.

Thoroughly enjoying this book.  THOROUGHLY.  I highly recommend! Heartwarming to say te least.  Still want to go and see the movie.  Hope our car is fixed soon!  And that after it is fixed, we can afford to go to a movie!

I am looking forward to ...
The Christmas Eve Carol Service at church. If our car isn't fixed maybe we can find one within walking distance of our house.

Dreaming About ...
 
Simple party nails . . . 



Flat ankle snow boots  . . .


Yes please  . . . .

  

Shapely brows  . . . 


A desk . . . 

Something to watch ...

  

Tis the season  . . . 

A Quote for the Day ...
 (¯`v´¯)
  `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.. 
Its in the singing of a street corner choir.
Its getting home and getting warm by the fire.
Its true, wherever you find love, it feels like Christmas.
A cup of kindness that we share with another,
A sweet reunion with a friend or brother,
In all the places you find love,
It feels like Christmas. ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.. `✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.. 
~Muppets Christmas Carol  ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.. `✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..  

Makes me smile ...

  

Bruce and Sara.  I have never seen the Wedding photos . . . wish I could.

Corners of my kingdom ...


Chester at the Cross  . . . Christmas  . . . 

 And that's my daybook for this week!


  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆


✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░   

 

BOOK OF MORMON CORNER - Today's Reading - 2 Nephi 23:1-22 
Question - What have you learnt from the reading today? How might we have a foot in Babylon?  
 
My Thoughts - I feel like this chapter is dedicated to pointing out the true worth of things. The sanctified and mighty ones, the Lord's righteous people being "as difficult to find as precious gold and will be treasured as highly". And the value of Babylon (the world), which shall eventually be wasted and left desolate. This is from the OT institute manual, "Several hundred years passed before Babylon was abandoned, by the first century after Christ it lay deserted and in ruins, and "so it has remained". The silent ruins stand as an eloquent witness that Isaiah spoke with divine accuracy. Spiritual Babylon shall likewise become a waste and desolation when God comes upon the world in judgement and ushers in the millennial reign of Christ". As I read this, a certain shopping centre came into my mind, it is dedicated to all things of expense, indulgence and luxury. I pictured it after the Saviour had come, it being completely desolate, nobody crowding in, everyone seeking other things and our joy being in Christ. The appeal to fill our lives and homes with stuff was gone. And we were completely focused upon the work of the Lord. 
 
Tommorrows Reading (Day 61) -  2 Nephi 24:1-32 
Question  - What have you learnt from the reading today? What kinds of rest do you think Israel will experience in the millennium? 
 
Have a beautiful Tuesday.  Don't forget along the way of your day!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

And I do too! 
    
 
 
 


8 comments:

  1. Hi, Marie! I'm feeling much the same way. That in spite of all my lists and everything, I'm behind on much this December. What will get done, gets done. I wish the secular side of Christmas could be less, quite frankly, jolly though it is. It can be stressful sometimes trying to "make Christmas happen," when really what is about is the Babe in the Manger. :) LOVE the Emergency Bible Numbers!! I think I need some of that direct service right now! ;) Ooo...your Swiss Chicken looks so delicious...mmm... LOVE that tea cozy. I saw those granny trees on Love Crochet at the weekend--very cute--and another nice stash-buster! Oooo...how magcial Chester is decorated for Christmas! And how LOVELY is your Bruce & Sara's wedding photo!! I'm so sorry you've not got to see more from the wedding... :( ((HUGS)) LOVE YOU HEAPS, my sister-friend ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Tracy! In some ways not having our car available to use has helped us to slow down a lot and focus on a lot of things her ein the house, rather than outside our home. It has been somewhat of a blessing in that way! We can all use stash busters! Love and hugs to you and Merry Christas wishes! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many lovely things today it's hard to pick a favorite...You always have some unusual things to share. Hope you have a terrific Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me sad you have not seen Bruce and Sarah's wedding pics:(
    Too triste .

    If you are reading this Bruce..please send mama some pics.

    I don't have a mom and would do anything to have her back.
    None of us are perfect..
    none of us..

    Time slips by so fast..you don't realize that when you are younger..and have not lost a parent..but the moment you do..you start to see that no one is on this earht for ever.

    And should illness strike a close one..it makes it all the more apparent..that no one lasts forever.

    If not for you..why not make your mom happy and send her some photos..
    we are so forgiving in so many circumstances..why not begin at home and let the true spirit of Christmas fill all your hearts with love and peace.
    Forever.
    Because it isn't always as long as we think it's going to be.
    Thank you.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Marie..I may have overstepped here.please feel free to delete.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my sweet friend another one of your awesme Daybook entries. They have through the years been one of my favorites. I loved the Bible Emergency numbers. Such a great way to mark scriptures for when you need one for a different reason.
    I always love the crocheted items and I you must show your completed Tea Pot Cosy. The Pirate booties are so adorable. The trees are cute too.
    You must see the movie; Wonder. It is so good. I think every family should watch this one and it should be shown in all schools. Amazing movie! We laughed and cried our way through it. My sweet husband afterwards said; "I am so happy you had us come to this one."
    I love the simple nail look. I don't do well with flashy. We are in Hawaii on a trip so they are red right now but I am taking it off and getting back to the softer looking nails.
    I can't quite do the pink hair but you could probably pull it off. Hugs for this one!!
    I haven't seen the Mupppet Christmas Carol; I need to look at that.
    I enjoyed all your lovely photos, poems and thoughts.
    Sending you loving Christmas thoughts and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Monique full heartily!
    That would be a great Christmas present, a photo album filled with wedding pictures. That's what my son and daughter in law gave me for their first Christmas together,even though my son was mad at me. This witch I worked for would not let me take any time off to travel to their wedding.

    I hope and pray that they will send a big photo album to you of all their wedding pictures Marie. You deserve it!

    Love and big hugs!xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks very much Pam! Hope you are having a great week too! xoxo

    Don't worry Monique, they never read this, or if they do they never say. I am a non-entity! I never thought I would get used to that, but at least I can say it now without bursting into tears. I have gotten hardened to it. Somewhat. I wish you had your mama still Monique. ((((hugs)))) God bless and thank you so much for your love and loyalty! xoxo

    Thanks LeAnn! They are my favourite entries too! In fact on Tuesday mornings I wake up thinking about them. They are such fun to do! You need to see Muppets Christmas Carol. My friend Val sent it to us a few years back and it is a must watch every year. So fun and well done of course! Merry Christmas dear friend! xoxo

    That would indeed be a wonderful Christmas gift Jan, but truth be told I don't even get a card. Well, that is a lie. Since my son got married I get a photo card each year, that his wife sends, but other then that I don't get any cards from any of my kids or anything. Its okay I know that three of them really struggle just to provide for their own families. I understand. I really do. My oldest son and middle son will probably facetime me at least once during the holidays and that will bring me a lot of joy! Love and hugs, xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!