Saturday 26 March 2011

Prayer Request



This is my dearest friend Lura with her husband John. Lura and I became friends through blogging. There was an instant connection between us and we were so blessed to have been able to meet in person a couple of years ago and spent a whole week together in Utah and Idaho when our Eileen was competing in the World Special Olympic Games. Lura and I have always felt like eternal friends . . . from the beginning we had this special connection that felt like we were long lost buddies finding each other again . . . a special blessing here on earth.

We talk on the telephone pretty much every week and often wish that we lived closer to each other. She is very dear to my heart. Earlier this week we spoke about how she and John were going to be travelling to Utah to go to a special family occasion that was up and coming. They would be leaving right after their stint in the Temple on Thursday evening. They often do this and I always pray for their safety.

Lura and John were involved in a serious car accident on Friday, March 25th, in Nephi, Utah. Lura and John are going to be OK, but Lura is in Utah Valley Hospital in Provo, where she was transferred from Nephi. They were travelling on the freeway at about 70 miles per hour when the car in front of them lost control on the ice, spun around and hit them head-on. They were then knocked across the freeway into oncoming traffic and hit by a semi-truck. John sufffered a head injury and multiple bruises and contusions, but Lura has a lot of fractured ribs, broken sternum, and serious bruising, and many injuries they are still diagnosing. They are concerned about her developing pneumonia because people with broken ribs don't take deep breaths.

Lura is the sweetest, most loving, dearest woman I have ever known. I love her so very much. She is the best friend I have ever had and I hate living so far away from her, especially at a time like this. I want to be doing something more than all that I can do, which is pray.

I would ask that you uphold and keep them in your prayers please. I am just devastated by this news. I will let you know more when and if I can. Thank you so very much. Lura, Angie and I were like the Three Musketeers . . .


10 comments:

  1. Oh no, this is terrible, Marie! The hospital is right near my Jennifer's house. Hazie is there sometimes when hospitalized. I wish I was up there right now I would go and see her. Let me know if there is anything we can do. I will pray for them. Just hate that darn ice! Such a freak accident too! Praying over here for them and you.

    Love, B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie, sending prayers for Lura's recovery. Hoping you and Lura's family can find comfort and strength during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Marie, you know I love Lura a lot!!! is a wonderful and nice person, sure,sure they have my prayers and thoughts,really hope they will be OK soon, Love Lura a lot, send you huggss and prayers dear, gloria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh Marie I wanna she will be OK soon!!! Im shocked! I have to pray now, huggs, gloria

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear this. What a gift to send out a prayer request for your dear friend. Praying for God's healing hand to be on Lura and John for a full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am praying.
    Can you believe it I was able to speak with the ambulance attendant while Lura was in it! She was a very sweet lady whose name is also Kris.

    Even though we are closer to Utah than you Jan and I are desperate to be with Lura also. Utah seems very far away right now. It is comforting to know that she is surrounded by family. And our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marie I came immediately when I read the post on Lura's blog. I know how much you love her and how much she loves you. But remember that God has her in His hands. You said "all I can do is pray" but really prayer is all!, don't you think? He loves you and He loves her and He will hear your prayers on her behalf. I am lifting her up and you as well to the God who heals and who comforts. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for both of them, their family and you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm still shocked about this. i was telling my mom about it on the phone just now and could barely even tell her without getting choked up:( its so sad to picture sweet lura and john in so much pain. however, i do know the Lord protected them and for that i am grateful that they are still alive. prayers, lots and lots of prayers. . .

    ReplyDelete
  10. haven't been on blogger all weekend MAJ..so sorry to read this but happy to hear she is doing better..prayers for them both...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!