Saturday 26 March 2011

Update on Lura and John


(Lura freezing her arse off in Idaho, just for me, two winters ago in Idaho)

I have had an e-mail from my friend Jan, who is also a very good friend of Lura, and goes to her Ward. She and Kris have been able to speak with Lura. I will copy the e-mail verbatim here:

She is at Utah Valley Medical Center
1034 North 500 West
Provo, Utah 84604

(If you would like to send a card. I think that would be really nice if everyone sent her a card, don't you! Her full name is Lura Staffanson)

Could you please post this.

Kris and I just talked to her. The most horrible part was that John was knocked out from a blow to the head and she thought he was dead because there was so much blood. She said she called to him begging his not to leave her, and then she heard a moan and knew he was alive. She said there was blood everywhere but that miracuously Ellie's sealing dress got no blood on it. Everyone is at the Temple now doing the sealing, but will all come to her side when it is over.

She is so weak, but thrilled to talk. She says it all there is to do to keep away the pain for a minute or two.

I told her that we talked and there are prayers for her being sent to Heavenly Father from around the world.

So far so good. Please continue to keep them in your prayers. I thank you so much for this. Apparently it will be at least 5 to 6 weeks before she will be well enough to return to California. I am so very grateful that she and John have survived this accident. It could so easily have gone the other way and I praise God for not taking them from us. I don't think I could stand to lose another dear friend so soon after losing my Angie. Please hug your friends today and tell them you love them. You never know when it will be too late.




7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Marie for posting that, and rest easy my friend... we are not going to lose Lura!
    Hugs, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is the Bishop and he just got off the phone with her. Our son is a 3rd year med student, and he is going over to talk to the doctors about her condition. Lots of love and prayers for her and John for a full recovery.. (((hugs))) our dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update Marie. Sending hugs and continued prayers your way. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending love and best wishes to your friends and family. And a big hug to you my dear friend.


    {{{{{{{{{{{{Marie}}}}}}}}}}}}

    love

    Sheialgh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here I am dear Marie. OMG I feel that is impossible that believe but I know is true, my heart is sad and only I want is she and huby will be OK soon, very soon. I acontinue praying dear Marie, a lot of huggs, Love yah! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marie, I am Grammee Linda and I have come to love Lura through blogging. Thank you for more details of the accident. I am so sorry Lura and John were hurt so. My heart goes out to all who love Lura amd John! We will keep those prayers going for them both!!

    Hugs, Grammee Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. how horrible for her to have thought she had lost john:( thats just such a sad thing to picture. they love each other like crazy and are the cutest sweetest couple ever! i'm so sad this evening picturing it all :(

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!