Monday, 28 September 2026

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 



"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny? It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. What you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard 

 A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.    


 

I might be alone here, but I love these shorter days and longer nights. I like the coziness of it. Feeling safe and hunkered down in my wee little house. There is no place else I  would rather be.

 

Weekend with Eileen. We enjoy each other's company so much. We talk, a lot. We eat some good food and some naughty food. We always watch a good movie. This weekend it was Boyhood, which neither of us had seen before. It was a long film, so we watched it over two days. I loved that they used the same actors as they aged to portray all of the characters. It took 14 years to make this film and it was really, really good.


 

Sunday church. I love going to church on Sundays. It is an opportunity to really recharge my spiritual battery. Partaking of the sacrament, singing the hymns, the testimonies, talk, lessons. Its all good, and I love every minute of it, but then you already know that because I say it every week.

It was hard during Covid when we couldn't go to church and partake of the sacrament each week. I remember the first time back, when I was finally able to, I cried. Yes, it does mean that much to me.

 

Little visits to the egg farm. I love going up there and seeing what they have in their little farm shop, besides eggs. We went on Saturday afternoon, Cindy, Eileen and I.  We had had them save some bread for us, White and Oatmeal Brown. I also picked up some brownies fresh out of the oven, bought a large chicken for Thanksgiving and got two chicken legs for Eileen and I to enjoy. (SO good.) We had already been there, the day before, Cindy and I, to get our eggs. The Mr. told us he was going to have fresh bread on Saturday so we just had to go back and get some. He had it reserved for us.  That's what I like about them. You can message them and they will put things aside for you. And, they will also special make things for you if you ask them in advance as well.


 

Family times, they ARE the best of times. No family dinner this weekend, but there will be next weekend. But we did have Wednesday dinner out and then Eileen and I got to share two meals this weekend. So all good.


 

Prayer. I don't know where I would be without it. The scriptures tell us to pray unceasingly. I always have a prayer or a conversation with God running through my head and my heart. And what is prayer, but . . . a conversation with God.



 


Gratitude. I am a person who is grateful for all that I have been given. There, but the grace of God go I. I know that I am blessed. I have an attitude of gratitude and I like it.


 

These two. They have added an immeasurable amount of joy to my life. I am so glad that I made the decision to take them into my home. I love them so very much.





My home sweet home. I am so grateful to have a roof over my head and the means to pay for it. Again, there, but for the grace of God, go I. 



 

Enough. I have enough. Of everything.  That is a true blessing that I am eternally grateful for.


And those are my small and wonderful things for this week. I am truly blessed.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 


☾ ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Life is always rocky
when you're a gem.


Cowboy Beans


In The English Kitchen today  . . . Cowboy Beans. These are the same beans that my sister had made us for dinner a week ago. I finally got around to making them here at home myself. Oh my, but they are some good.  Hearty and delicious!

Eileen has her MRI today. I hope you have a beautiful day. May it be filled to overflowing with blessings. Along the way don't forget! 



═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═════════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ════════════  

And I do too!    

   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!