Tuesday, 1 September 2026

A Day Book . . .



FOR TODAY, September 1st, 2026


OUTSIDE MY WINDOW ...


It's garbage day. Sunny and clear. It is cooler at the moment but expected to warm up as the day progresses. We have had very comfortable temperatures for sleeping these past few days. I am not complaining.


I AM THINKING ...

My niece is here, staying in a cottage at the shore. Last night and tonight. They are all off to the aircraft museum in Greenwood this morning. Hopefully I will see her at some point. The aircraft museum is not for me, with all the walking, etc.  Plus I have my toenail lady coming this morning. At least I think I do. I forgot to write it down. Sigh  . . .  I know, however could I have done that! That's not like me.


I AM ALSO THINKING ...

About things that are generational. Our mother had a very unhealthy relationship with food and my brother, sister and I also have a weird relationship with food. I am the only one who is overweight, however. Obviously I don't have a lot of self control. I know the things I need to do, but when it comes right down to it, I have no willpower most of the time. And I am a grazer. My brother diets as soon as he gains an ounces and watches very carefully what he puts in. My sister also watches to a degree. She is not as hyper-focused as he is though, and will allow herself a treat. I am a bad influence on her I think. I am a bad influence on me! ha ha I need to do better.



I AM GRATEFUL FOR ...

Having a home. A place to shelter. A place that is comfortable and warm and dry. In a world where many do not enjoy this blessing, I feel truly grateful and do not take my circumstances for granted.


I AM ALSO GRATEFUL FOR ...


Someone to share it with. This makes me happy. These two little furry companions bring me so much joy. I love them very much. Another one of life's blessings.


Fresh Fruit Compote

IN THE KITCHEN ...

Fresh Fruit Compote. This is simple, versatile and you can make it with any fruit you like, fresh or frozen. Soft, beautiful, glossy and jammy. It's bright, wholesome, and perfect for spooning over yogurt, porridge, pancakes, granola, or even served warm and spooned over ice cream. Quick to make and easy to customize as well.




ON MY "TO COOK" LIST ...

Hot Pan Kitchen. Seattle Hot Dogs.  I love a good hot dog and these look great!



THIS I BELIEVE ...

I love this home I have created for myself. It is a place of refuge, peace and comfort, but only because I have made it so.


 

SOMETHING THAT IS NICE ...

The smell of fresh apples.


 

SOMETHING ELSE THAT IS NICE ...

We are now in the "ber" months. Let the cozy begin.


 

I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO ...

The changing colors.


I AM WANTING TO CREATE ...

 

New blankets  . . .  love the edging.


 

Crochet flowers  . . . 


 

Primitive dollies  . . . 


 

Folk Art Santas  . . . 


 

Little dresses  . . . 


SOMETHING I ENJOY ...

 

Autumn colors  . . . 


SOMETHING ELSE THAT I ENJOY ...

 

Pretty sunsets  . . . 


I AM READING ...




AUNT DIMITY AND THE DUKE, by Nancy Atherton


Emma Porter is forty, fat, frumpy, and a passionate amateur gardener. When her longtime lover dumps her for a younger woman, Emma escapes the cloying sympathy of family and friends by setting out on a summer-long driving tour of England's glorious gardens. 


A Dimity-contrived coincidence brings her to Penford Hall, a sprawling Gothic mansion in Cornwall, where she finds a duke in search of a missing lantern with extraordinary powers. Suspecting there's more than one mystery to be solved at Penford Hall, Emma accepts the duke's invitation to stay on and restore the once glorious chapel garden to its former beauty. 


The dark rumors surrounding a rock star and the near-death of the duke's beautiful cousin confirm Emma's suspicions, and set her--with Aunt Dimity's ghostly guidance--on the path to Penford Hall's secrets and the pleasure of unexpected love.

I have only just started this, but am enjoying it as much as I did the first novel in the series.


THINGS THAT CATCH MY FANCY ...

 

Quilts in cupboards  . . . 


 

I have a thing for lighthouses  . . . 


 

Blue and white  . . . 


 

Red and white  . . . 

 

Pottery sheep  . . . 

MAKES ME SMILE ...




A cup with a message  . . . 

SOMETHING TO WATCH ...




Chocolat on Netflix  . . . 

A THOUGHT TO CARRY WITH YOU ...

☾ ° ° * 。  
• ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • •。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Never wrestle with pigs.
You both get dirty
and the pigs like it.


And that is my daybook for this week!  Thanks always for being here!


  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•. ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═════════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ════════════  

And I do too!    

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!