Thursday 27 June 2024

My Favorite Things . . .

 



These are some of the things in life that I enjoy and which make me happy, inspire me, or put a smile on my face. Maybe some of them are yours too.  Lets share! 




Transferware.  Love the stuff.


 

Fresh Corn. Won't be long now, about a month.  Yay!


 



Oriental Poppies. They don't last long but they are stunning.



 


Fresh Sage  . . .  oh how I miss my English Garden with all of its herbs. They grew like weeds there.


 

Going barefoot, although I don't these days because of diabetes.  Too afraid of cutting  my feet.


 

Vanilla Cake. Its my favorite kind of cake. Best vanilla cake I have ever tasted was one by Peg Porschen.  She did the wedding cake (s) for the daughter of the people I worked for at the manor. Beautifully decorated and the loveliest vanilla cake I have ever tasted.  Ever.


 

French Onion Soup. The first time I ever tasted it was when my first husband's best friend's girlfriend Julia made it for us at a dinner party she invited us to.  I thought it was amazing. 


 


Hand embroidered day of the week towels.  Love them.


 


Honey. Although I have never tried Bonne Maman honey.  I love Greek honey most of all.


 

Stone walls. You see a lot of those in the North of England.  So pretty  . . . 


 

Misty riverbanks  . . .  early in the morning, not too long after the sun has risen.  Ethereal . . . 


 

French Milled Soaps . . .  you can scarce bring yourself to use them, they are so pretty.


 

The month of both my sister's and my mother's birthdays . . .  


 

Polka Dots and that bird plate on the bottom  . . . 


 

What a pretty watch  . . . 


 

Enamelware  . . . 


 

Fresh Cherries  . . . 


And I am run out of time. I was a bit later getting up this morning. I got at 4 am to go to the loo and I could hear an alarm buzzing, so I came out to check what it was and it was the cat's water fountain, which they had knocked over so I disconnected it and cleaned up and went back to bed, but it took me forever to fall back asleep. I will be dragging today!


A thought to carry with you . . . 



° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *People were created to be loved. 
Things were created to be used. 
The reason why the world is in chaos is
 because things are being loved 
and people are being used.”
~John Greene, Looking for Alaska


Slice and Bake Lemon Cookies



In The English kitchen today, Slice-And-Bake Lemon Cookies. Oh my but these are very delicious. Crisp and buttery with a sugar crunch on top and a sweet/tart lemon glaze.


I hope that you have a beautiful day and that you get to enjoy a few of your favorite things! Whatever you get up to, don't forget!

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

 

And I do too! 
 



8 comments:

  1. Another lovely day here, so I'm working in the front garden - weeding and edging. Enjoy the day after your early start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie, love all your favourite things. There’re all my favourites, too. I especially like the thought for today. I’m going to make your lemon cookies when the weather cools down a bit. Love and hugs, Elaine (in Toronto).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are going to love the lemon cookies Elaine! They are fabulous! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Your favs seem to always be my favs also! Kindred spirits, I suppose. Happy day and take a nap! xo, V.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!