Thursday 13 June 2024

My Favorite Things . . .

 

These are some of the things in life that I enjoy and which make me happy, inspire me, or put a smile on my face. Maybe some of them are yours too.  Lets share! 


 

A rugged coastline and the sound of waves crashing against the shore.  I could fall asleep to that sound very easily.  It such a comforting sound  . . . 


 

 Yes please. This would make me so happy  . . . 


 


Kittens in pajamas. So cute.  (On a side note, do you remember the children's program, Bananas in Pajamas?  My kids loved that show!)


 


Love this, and the radiator cover as well.  (Only really well off people in the U.K. could afford to buy those. Tres expensive.)


 

I love jam and I love this piece of artwork. It is by Katie Daisie.  She has  a shop on Etsy.



 


Fresh Cherries  . . .  so delicious . . . 


 

Tis the season  . . . 


 



Hard ice cream.  I love hard ice cream, more than soft ice cream.  There are so many that I enjoy. I think Orange Pineapple, Strawberry or Vanilla are my favorites.  Dad loves Maple Walnut. Mom enjoyed Grape Nuts.  I am not sure what Cindy's favorite is, I think it might also be Grape Nuts. Dan is not a sweet lover.


Geraniums. I love Geraniums. Especially red ones. 


 

Birds  . . .  especially song birds  . . . I hate seeing birds in cages  . . . 


 


Ginger cats . . .  but then  you already knew that  . . . 


 

Freckles  . . . 


 

Hats  . . .  love them, but I can't wear them  . . . 



 


Fresh produce  . . .  this is just the most wonderful time of year!!


 

Jugs  . . .  I love jugs  . . . 


 

Wicker laundry baskets  . . .  mom had one  . . . 



 
(sourcesource)

Mr. Darcy  . . . 


 

The perfect set up . . .  order  . . . 


 


When I was a teenager I would have loved to have my own princess telephone  . . .  yes, in pink. Just like Gidget.


 


To love and be loved . . . 


And those are my favorite things for this week.  I hope that some of them were yours also!


The girl did a wonderful job on my garden yesterday.  Everything looks so neat and tidy. I have never seen them looking so neat. She took all of the weeds, etc. away as well, to the place where you take this stuff.  She came back later in the day with a few hosta's and some ground cover from her own garden to fill in the empty spots. I could not be more pleased. I told her I will contact her in the fall to come and clean things up for the winter.


I took a tumble yesterday.  One of my deepest fears is falling over. Cinnamon wanted to play and so I got the ribbon wand and was taking it over to play with her and she ran in front of me and down I went. Right on my knees too. I have rug burns on my hands and my knees are smarting. I managed to get myself over to the sofa and drag myself up, but I was pretty shaken for a bit.  I am so gratedul I did not break anything. My knees are both sore today so I am taking it easy.

And with that I will leave you with a thought for the day  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.The best things in life
aren't things.
~anon  ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •






Cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . .  Slow Cooker Beef Drip Sandwiches.  Seriously simple. Seriously tasty.  Perfect for get-togethers.  Very little effort needed.


I hope that you have a beautiful Thursday.  It is going to be lovely and sunny here. They are calling for record breaking high temps tomorrow.  Rain on Saturday.  Tomorrow is the big move for dad.  We have a truck hired to bring all the heavy stuff over. I hope it all goes well. Once we get him out, then we can crack on with emptying the place.  Anyways, have a beautiful day.  Stay safe and be happy. Whatever you get up to, don't forget!


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

  

And I do too!
    

   

13 comments:

  1. Nothing worse than a fall, hope you are improving today. I had a princess phone as a teenager. How nice the girl did a great job on your garden and brought over some plants for you. Well worth it. Best of luck moving Dad tomorrow, it will be a big job to clean out his home, but so much easier once he is out. There are also companies that do it for you, if necessary. Feel better after that fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! My knees are quite sore today so I am babying them. Two steps forward one step back it seems! Just what I needed, lol I was ever so pleased with the gardener. She did a wonderful job. It is going to be a mammoth job clearing out dad's place, but it will be much easier when he is not in there as he won't be second guessing us all the time. I think we are going to hire a company to help as neither Cindy or I are spring chickens! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Oh Marie! Please take care of yourself, and I know you do that already, but falls come out of nowhere. Your Gardener is a Blessing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I got very lucky in that nothing was broken. The gardener was a real blessing for sure! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Ah so sorry the kitty caused the fall...that is some of the reason I do not have a dog anymore. Falling sure hurts!! We do not bounce well at our ages!!
    Elizabeth xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was silly really. I should have been watching more carefully! We sure don't bounce that is true! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Gosh, Marie. A fall really shakes you up. I’m so glad you didn’t break anything. Rest today if you can. So happy you were pleased with the gardening. Sounds like she is a keeper. I had a Princess phone like that one. Lest you think I’m spoiled, I paid for it myself, lol. Good luck moving. I’m glad you have help. I’ll send good vibes that everything goes well. Love and hugs, Elaine (in Toronto).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty shook up about it Elaine. I am always so careful. It made me extra careful now! I think when you have cats in the house you need to always be watching for them to be in front of you. I don't think you were ever spoiled Elaine. I think you are just a sweet person and a good friend. I love you to bits. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  5. The sandwich recipe looks yummy, Marie...do you have to use those peppers, which we consider hot? Is there another kind of brine that might work as well? Thanks...
    Elizabeth xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you could add a bit of any pickle brine, about 1/4 cup. You can leave out those hot peppers and just add some sliced sweet peppers. You are welcome! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Falls are so scary! Take extra good care. V.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!