Thursday 2 May 2024

My Favorite Things . . .

 


These are some of the things in life that I enjoy and which make me happy, inspire me, or put a smile on my face. Maybe some of them are yours too.  Lets share! 




Barnyard birds  . . .  farms  . . .  I would have loved to have been a farmer's wife.  Oh, the sounds of the barnyard.  I have probably romanticized it, but sigh . . . the dream seems beautiful.


 

Beautiful vistas.  I was watching Mr Bates and the Post Office last night (last episode) and the scenery in Wales was absolutely gorgeous. It made me cry.  That area in the show, I visited it many times. I was very near to my home.  Such a beautiful country. I am so glad that I got to be so familiar with it.


 

An old wooden rocker on the porch  . . .  maybe one day  . . . 


 


Strawberry Jam. It is my favorite kind of jam.  Summer in a jar. Mom made the best freezer jam.  We used to love it spooned over ice cream for dessert. It was sooooo good!


 


Hummingbirds  . . .  I haven't seen any yet, but it won't be long I know!



 

Wooden thread spools  . . .  I wish thread still came on wooden spools   . . . 


 

Dandelions. Perfect for making honey. I know that gardeners hate them.  I have always enjoyed them. So pretty, so yellow  . . .  and then think of all the wishes!


 

A warm cardigan . . .  nice on days that are sunny, but still have a touch of cold in them . . . 


 


Spring asparagus . . .  delicious in a multitude of ways . . . I love it roasted.


 

A piece of cake and a hot drink. I have these lovely apple drink k cups that are just beautiful.  They go very well with a piece of cake . . . 


 


Just a thimble full of beauty  . . .  so small and yet it cheers the heart so much!


 


British robins  . . .  such lovely birds. Their song is so beautiful, and they are so brave.  Whenever you dig in the garden they are near by hoping for a nice fat worm  . . . 


 

Dutch doors . . . and pretty blue ones as well  . . .  sigh . . . 


 

Laundry day  . . .  I don't have a dedicated laundry day these days. I just do it whenever I have enough to make it worth it.


 

Now that's pretty  . . .  


 

Proper tea towels  . . . 


 

French Toast  . . .  with butter and real Maple syrup  . . . 


 

Herbal teas . . .  oh, and Green Gate. Green Gate anything  . . . 


 

Crochet blankets  . . . 


 

Being a mother  . . . 


 

My sister, my friend  . . . 


 

Wooden clothespins  . . . 


 

Pretty dishes  . . . 


 

Red and white  . . . 


Oh, how lucky we are to live in a world filled with such pretty things to admire . . .  aren't we blessed!


A thought to carry with you . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~
\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
 *.˛.The world would be a nicer place
if everyone had the ability to love
as unconditionally as a dog.
~M. K. Clinton  
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •





In The English Kitchen today . . .  Amazing Banana Bread Cake . . . this is so yummy. Probably one of the best banana cakes I have ever baked.  That's why I called it Amazing!


I hope that you have a beautiful day filled with at least some of your favorite things! Be happy, be blessed and don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   

6 comments:

  1. We enjoyed Mr Bates..shame shame shame on The Post Office..OHMYGOSH.The years..all those years.I agree stunning vistas!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it was absolutely disgusting! Those poor people and what they went through. Wales is such a beautiful country and to think it was right on my doorstep. What a blessing that was! xoxo

      Delete
  2. We saw our first hummingbird yesterday at the feeder. Yours should be there soon. I love wearing "jumpers" so cozy. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Bates was so well acted, we enjoyed it very much. But honestly, if it wasn’t a true story, we would have thought it just could never happen…shocking, unbelievable and so drawn out!
    The landscapes that were filmed were simply gorgeous….you were fortunate to have visited in person. Have a happy day, V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a terrible thing V! Yes the acting was so wonderfully done. You really felt for the people involved. It should never happened and yet, it did. Wales is such a beautiful country. I was very fortunate indeed! Thanks V! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!