Tuesday 7 May 2024

A Day Book . . .

 


FOR TODAY, May 7th 2024 




Outside my window ...

My computer says mostly cloudy and 8 degrees, but I am not seeing that. It looks like a mighty fine day to me with a lovely blue sky. A few clouds perhaps. It is supposed to get very warm today, well up towards 20 degrees. I haven't had my heat pump on since yesterday.  That's a good sign.


 


I am thinking ...

I was going to cancel my subscription to the NYT this morning and set out to do that as they were putting it up to $25 a month.  As soon as I started to cancel it, I got  a new offer. 50 cents a week. It worked. I didn't cancel.  I will next year on the 6th of May when it goes back up to $25 a month.  I figure 50 cents is not too much to pay for a week of the NYT each week.  


 

I am also thinking ...

About the power of social media. One lady I followed started a Go Fund Me page for the gal who works with her disabled daughter and has fallen on some very hard times.  She hoped to raise $10,000 to help with their bills, etc.  So far the Go Fund Me has raised almost $90,000, which is amazing.  Another lady I watch on YouTube, who lives in a trailer and has had some serious health issues of late opened a wish list on Amazon, and she has been inundated with gifts, all sent with love and support from the people who watch her.  Its all pretty amazing to see the love out there in the world.  I think its really wonderful.  You hear so much about all the bad people in the world, how very uplifting it is to see the good people in the world reaching out to those in need.  It makes my heart smile.



In the Kitchen ...

Chicken with Peppers. This simple dish exceeded all of my expectations. It is just four simple ingredients, chicken, peppers, onions, garlic . . .  and some seasoning. Sized for two and put together in the most delicious way.  Layered and slow simmered until the juices of everything mingle to form a luscious sauce and the peppers take on a jam-like melt in the mouth consistency.  One of the best things I have cooked recently.  Simple ingredients, simple techniques, wowza flavors.



On My "TO Cook" list ...

Arnhem Girls.  These sound and look amazing.   But, dare I?  They also look impossible to resist.  Dangerous even  . . . 



Good to know ...

Love this.  The secret to joy perhaps  . . . why do we worry about things that haven't even happened yet or might never happen.  Let it cloud our joy, etc.  We need to stop it.


I would love to create ...



Doll Brooches  . . .  no source, but very cute.



As is this little scrappy thing  . . .  again no source . . . 



Oh my goodness  . . . 


 

And this  . . . 


 

I think my heart is telling me something  . . .  I need to start making dolls etc. again.  That is an occupation that brought me a lot of joy.


 

Looking forward to ...

Going out with my sister a bit later this morning. Just to the shops.  I don't need a lot. Just spending time together is always a good thing.  I really enjoy her company. I am truly blessed to have her in my life and I know you must get tired of reading this fact, but its true. She is a real treasure in my life.


 

Oh my goodness  ...

Have you ever seen anything so pretty? Those pillow cases are ticking all my boxes  . . .  with the roses, the ruffles, the lace  . . .  so, so, so pretty.

I am reading ... 


This Impossible Brightness by Jessica Bryant Klagmann

Taking refuge on a remote island, a grieving woman develops unlikely connections with the community and the wild in this haunting novel of hope and perseverance from debut author Jessica Bryant Klagmann. 

 After the mysterious disappearance of her fiancé, Alma Hughes moves to a remote island in the North Atlantic, where she hopes to weather her grief and nurture her ailing dog. But the strange town of Violette has mysteries as well. Townsfolk say that the radio tower overlooking their town broadcasts messages through their home appliances, their dreams, even the sea itself. 

When lightning strikes the tower, illuminating the sky in a brilliant flash, Alma finds herself caught in the unexplainable aftermath of one of Violette’s deadliest storms. As the sea consumes the island, threatening its very existence, the deaths and lost memories of the recently departed also devastate the community. Alma, with a unique link to the lost, may be the only one who can help them move on. But to do so, she must confront a tragic loss of her own. 

 On this doomed island haunted by echoes of the departed, Alma searches for meaning in her future—and dares to discover the power of hope among the living.

Downloaded for free on Amazon First Reads.  I have only just begun it.

Things I love ...

 

French Chateaux  . . . this is just the gate house . . . 


 

Vintage florals and pearl buttons  . . . 


 

Foxgloves  . . . . 

 

Ginger cats  . . . 


 

Big red buttons  . . . 


Things I know to be true ...




Something to watch ...



On Apple + not free.  

Makes Me Smile ...

 

One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong . . . 

A Thought to carry with you ...


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.O wonderful, wonderful, most wonderful
wonderful! And yet again, wonderful . . . 
~William Shakespeare  ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •


And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 



Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice there for you, sunny and blue skies here as well. I think you and Cindy need to make dolls when you have your next creative time together. So nice to hear good things happening in the world instead of all the misery. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we do too Linda! We are working hard to get dad ready to move now. The push is on! Hope your day is going well! xoxo

      Delete
  2. We watched Ordinary Love many yrs ago.WE liked it..Those doll brooches..love the one to the right..bet we could try something similar..perhaps not as cute but similar.Have a great day with Cindy:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure we could come up with something very similar Monique. Cindy and I had a great day as always! We are so lucky to have each other. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Oh my! Those dolls! 💜 Time with Cindy! 💜
    Chicken with peppers, Saint Francis, pearl buttons, cows and dogs, Shakespeare!
    Such a lovely day book…as usual.
    Happy, happy, joy, joy, V.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!