Thursday 18 January 2024

My Favorite Things . . .

 


Sharing today a few things that I really love to do, eat, experience, enjoy  . . .  maybe you will enjoy them too.


 

Warm towels. There is nothing more comforting than stepping out of the shower into a warm towel.  If I won the lottery I would build myself a small cottage that had heated towel rails, and a heated linen closet.


 

Fresh bread  . . .  with lots of cold butter to spread.  Oh so tasty.  I am a breadaholic.


 


Artichoke hearts  . . . 


 

Chickadees  . . .  such sweet birds . . . 


 


Bunting  . . .  this one is really pretty  . . . 


 

Such detail  . . . in a painting.  Amazing  . . . 


 

Sweet pottery  . . .  adorable . . .  and the colors  . . . 


 


A Paris balcony  . . .  the city of love  . . . 


 

A thatched roof  . . . such character  . . . 


 


Painted candles  . . . 


 

Signage  . . . 


 


Snowmen  . . . 


 


I can still hear my mother's voice singing this when I was a child  . . .  I miss her . . . 



 


Cats  . . .  I wonder how they got them to do that because mine sure wouldn't, lol


 

A cosy little writing alcove  . . . 


 

A hefty mug to warm the hands  . . . 


 

Little pigs  . . . 


 

Lace curtains  . . . 


 


Imaginary worlds  . . . 


 

Oh my . . . 

So sweet.  And that is my favorite things for this week.


One more  . . . 



Dad at the restaurant last night. He seemed to be pretty upbeat considering.  The waitresses brought him his dessert with a candle lit on it and sang Happy Birthday to him and everyone in the restaurant clapped. It made his day! He even got a kiss on the cheek from one of them. He was over the moon.  Love our dad so much.


A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛."Across the gateway of my heart
I wrote, 'No thoroughfare'
But love came laughing by 
and cried,° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
'I enter everywhere.'"° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
~Herbert Shipman° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •° * 。 • ˚




In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Sheet Pan Baked Omelet for Two.  Simple, delicious, quick and easy too.  A perfect midweek supper.

I hope you have a beautiful day. It is starting off very cold here. I don't know if any snow is expected or not. We shall see!  Whatever you get up to, stay warm and safe, and don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   

8 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful picture of your Dad. Sounds like he had a lovely birthday celebration with you all. Love and hugs, Elaine (in Toronto)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really did Elaine! And it was lovely to be able to celebrate with him. He was feeling a bit blue yesterday however. I suppose reality has sunk in. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. So many pretty things to look at today. The cold continues here, but on the plus side the sun comes with cold and hardly any snow. Next week is to be different though. Glad your Dad had a good birthday dinner out, he sure looked happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was positively frigid here yesterday. -4 but with the wind chill it felt much worse! Thank you! xoxo

      Delete
  3. So lovely to hear of how nice folks in the restaurant treated your dad...even if the food is less than great, one always feels so good spending money and time in such a place!! Glad your dad had a great time!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the waiting staff are really nice there and it feels like home. That means a lot! Thank you Elizabeth! xoxo

      Delete
  4. great happiness on your dad's face. good for him! Lots of goodness here in this post. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much shug! You have a great day also! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!