Sunday 15 March 2020

Nice, nice, nice . . .


I don't know about you, but I could use a little bit of cheering up. The death toll in our country doubled yesterday and things are becoming more than a tad bit frightening in quite a few ways.  I thought I would fill my post to you today with sunshiney, happy, positive things. You don't need to receive any more knowledge about what you need to be doing now, unless you have been living under a rock, but you might need some words of encouragement, so here goes!  (The artwork is all mine today.)



As a resurrected and glorified being, giving His last instructions to His disciples, the Saviour spoke words of reassurance: "I will not leave you comfortless; I will come to you" (John 14:18)  As we take that reassurance and then His other words from the scriptures, "Come, follow me." we understand more completely.  What better way to follow Him or show His love than to comfort one another. 




Mine is the sunlight! Mine is the morning
born of the one light Eden saw play!
Praise with elation, praise ev'ry morning,
God's re-creation of the new day!
~Eleanor Farjeon

Believe that something wonderful will happen today.  It might come in the shape of a phone call or message from a friend that you have not spoken to in a while.  Perhaps something will pop up in your garden reminding you always that after the Winter comes the Spring.  Maybe a white feather will appear on your doorstep to remind you that angels are always near  . . .  or a copper penny to bring you good luck. There is always something good to be found in every day.  



By small and simple things
are great things brought to pass.
~Alma 37:6 

I don't think that when I was younger I understood the concept of small and simple things and the magnitude of their meaning.  As an older woman, perhaps even an elderly one in some schools of thought, I have come to realise that our lives are composed and woven with seemingly insignificant things that we do over and over to complete the pattern of our lives.  If those things are good, we end up being able to say, what a wonderful life this is and has been.  Dwell on the good, not the bad.  Most people have plenty of good that they can dwell on. 




True spirituality makes you loving and grateful.  Forgiving and patient, gentle, long-suffering  and kind.  True spirituality breathes reverence into every act and deed.  Some of the  most spiritual and kindest beings I know are not people who ever go to church, or confess their love of God.  They are just simply good people, and in that way they show others the face of God.   




"What do we live for, if it is not to make life
less difficult for each other."
~George Elliot 

Each of us could ask ourselves each morning, "What can I do to make life happier for someone today?"  I have often found that when we widen our spheres of thought to include others and their welfare, life just somehow seems to get better, richer, happier  . . .   




I believe in my heart that each of us does the best that we can.  My best may not be as good as your best, but its my best.  In all truth, we know in our hearts when we are doing the best that we can every bit as much as we know when we are not.  Falling short of our best always leaves us wanting and hungry for more.  When we know we have done our best however  . . .  that's a peace that cannot be bought or sold.  


O world, I cannot hold thee close enough!
Thy winds, thy wide grey skies!
Thy mists, that roll and rise!
Thy woods this autumn day, that ache and sag
And all but cry with colour! That gaunt crag
To crush! To lift the lean of that black bluff!
World, world, I canot get thee close enough!

Long have I known a glory in it all,
But never knew I this:
Here such a passion is
As stretcheth e apart, Lord, I do fear
Thou hast made the world too beautiful this year.
And my soul is all but out of me ... let fall
No burning leaf; prithee, let no bird call. 
~Edna St. Vincent Millay  


  

Baking in  The English Kitchen today . . .  Honey, Tahini & Sesame Muffins. Small batch, but easily doubled.  Delicious too! 

Have a wonderful Sunday!  Whatever you get up to, don't forget! 



 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  

 


And I do too!    
 
 

 




 


5 comments:

  1. Good morning my friend, I love your artwork. A little book full of quotes you have collected and illustrated with your beautiful water colours would be a perfect antidote to the current state of our world. You certainly let your light shine in your little corner of the world. Todd is a lucky man. Those muffins look delicious. Well, I'm a little hungry so off to have breakfast. It's bacon and eggs today since it's Sunday. Enjoy your day. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed your charming artwork!Take care..

    ReplyDelete
  3. i so agree, we have to keep looking on the Bright side of things. It is always there when we look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even in the worst of times, can come some good things. I had the longest text message exchange with my son EVER...I am sad it takes such bad times as now for that to happen, but I am grateful nonetheless, to have been allowed to chat in that manner even. (I am well aware of how CONTROLLED he is in his life, by someone else). My hubby is sick..whether the virus I am not sure...cause we do not mix with others much, especially not him...but I am doing all I can to take care of him at home...the medicals do not want you to come in short of death's doorsteps in this country...and with a virus, truly we can do as much for ourselves than can they. Other than if one needs interventions with breathing. SO FAR he in not needing, thankfully. I hope you and your Hubby stay well!! Tis not all bad being home all the time anyway, is it?
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this happy page filled with good words and your charming paintings. One little thing from me, you mention finding a copper penny, and whenever I see a coin on the ground, I remember In God We Trust which is on each coin here in the USA so I think God put it there to remind me.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!