Monday 29 July 2019

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 
 
"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard  

A few of the small and wonderful things from the past week which brought untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.   
 
 
 
Although my own family are far away and I never get to help any of them celebrate their Birthdays in person I have a family here in the UK that doesn't mind me being a part of theirs.  

 
  
 
Unconditional Love.  Affection without limitations.  Love from the soul and no matter what, no matter when . . . unfailing.  It doesn't matter if you have been out of her sight for 5 seconds, or 5 minutes or 5 hours. You get the same greeting when you return.  Love this wee one to bits.  

 
 
Another special presence in my life.  You can share many things with many people in life, but there is something extra special about the bond between sisters.  Your first best friend. Someone to cry with, someone to laugh with . . . someone who sometimes understands you better than you understand yourself. Through goodtimes and through bad. A constant in your life, for all of your life.  Love mine so much.  

 
  
 
Of all the roles I have been given in life, this is the one which has brought me the most joy.  I love all of my children very much. No matter what. This love is unconditional also. It simply just is there. Forever and always.  I love this photo of my oldest son. He was about six months old here.  It is hard to believe he is 44 now, and with two sons of his one, one a teenager!  I cut my mothering teeth on him.  I guess I did not do too bad of a job because he is a fabulously wonderful man.  Of course I cannot take all the credit, and I don't. It takes a village. 
 
 
 
She goes crazy barking and chasing the water from the hose when Todd is watering the plants. She is so happy and gets very wet, but it makes me smile so much to see her enjoying herself so much! Its just fun, fun, FUN!
 
  
 
The three J's  . . .  Love them so very much!  

 
 
My two angels  . . .  love them to bits also!   

 
 
The four musketeers  . . .  a family that hikes together  . . . 
 
 
   
 
I was so blessed to be able to give my children each other. There were moments when they were growing up that I doubted if they would ever get along, but  now they are adults, they are close and they love each other and I am grateful that they have each other.  
 
 

Someone to share it all with . . .the joys, the sorrows and everything in between  . . .  

After a very rainy weekend, the sun is shining today.  Its much fresher (well at least this morning it is) than it has been this past week.  Relief! I am not a huge lover of heat combined with humidity! Especially in the land of no air con!  It is supposed to flip back to rain tomorrow and for the rest of the week, so we best make the most of today. Well, we should do that every day anyways. 

Hmmm . . .  my back door is open and someone out there is making toast.  I love that smell, don't you?

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 
*
The ability to simplify 
means to eliminate the unnessary
so that the necessary can speak.
~Hans Hofman  •。★★ 。* 。 



In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Back to the 60's Hot Chicken Salad.  Seriously tasty, a bit nostalgic.  Yummy!

I hope your week ahead is filled to overflowing with a multitude of small and wonderful things.  Don't forget! 
 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════
 

And I do too!  





 


6 comments:

  1. Hi, Dear Marie! Once, again, I'm very, very behind in catching up... It's that kind of summer--haha! But VERY glad to be here at last and see/hear all you've been doing, making, living, etc. LOVE seeing of all the many blessings shared here today--and every day--my friend... ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy! I have uch to be thankful for! Love and big hugs to you, TJ and Luna also. I will pop over today to see how you are all doing! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I just bookmarked that chicken casserole! Thanks!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!