Friday 19 July 2019

My Friday Finds . . .

 
 
A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . maybe they will do the same for you!     
 

I could not find a source for this, but how pretty is this! If you can find the source I will be happy to add it! 


Erin Lincoln. I love this.  


DIY Craftsy.  Terra Cotta Pots.  



Glue Sticks.  Jelly Soap.  



Hello Wonderful.  Unicorn Dream Catchers.  


  

Home Talk. How to paint with Sharpies and Alcohol.  



Kitchen Classroom, make your own Air Dry Clay.  




Decor Hint.  Basic Macrame Knots. Step by Step Guide.



Balancing Home.  Tic Tac Toe Rocks.  



Garden Therapy.  Beaded Wind Chime. 


  

A Piece of Rainbow.  Pop Up Birthday Card.  Pretty!  


  

Hip 2 Save.  How to marble paper using shaving cream.  


  

Crafting Happiness.  Busy Bee Crochet Blanket.  Cute!  




Projects with Kids.  Gingerbread Ornaments.  Cute!  

  

Brooklyn Craft Company.  DIY Mini Loom.  



Craft Bits.  Scrap Yarn Birds.  



Heartfelt Balance.  PomPom Coasters.  




Artsy Va Va. Plaster of Paris Flowers.



Home Stories.  How to Paint Acorns.  


  

Diane Rambles.  Chip and Dip bowl.  Unique!  Why didn't I think of that! 

 And those are my finds for this week. I hope you saw something you liked.  I have to tell you now about something I re-discovered yesterday that I have had for a while, but probably hadn't looked at or seen in ages.  I was going through a drawer and found this brown envelope filled with old report cards, attendance awards, etc.  All the way through school. My last report card (grade 12) was abysmal, but by that time I knew that all I had to do was graduate and become a secretary or some such.  I was not inspired or expected to do more than that, and so school had become a social thing for me more than anything.  

In my kindergarten report card was a space for my parents to write their comments. My mom had filled them all in to great detail. 




I don't think I had actually ever sat and read them before or really taken them in. Somehow after you have lost someone, these things take on even more significance and become very poignant.  To read these words that my own dear mother had written about me when I was five years old touched my heart in a simple and beautiful way. My mother really knew me well. Even at that age I was showing signs of the woman I would become, who loved/loves to draw and sew and cook and take care of others.  I still lack patience on occasion and get really frustrated when things are not going the way I want them to.  Nothing changes  . . .  I was in tears reading these comments.  My mother loved all of us so very much. Because I am a mother myself, I know just how much that is and it is a love which defies description.   I hope that she knew I loved/love her back in the same way.  Every day I miss her and feel such a deep sense of loss that I can't explain, but some days it is just more difficult to cope with than others  . . . 


A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Appreciate where you are
in your journey, 
even if its not where 
you want to be. Every
season serves a purpose.
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 



 
Bagel Chips 


In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Bagel Chips.  Easy.  Off to get my eyes tested today. And its pouring rain.  Blah  . . .


Have a fabulous Friday.  Don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════
 

And I do too! 
 

10 comments:

  1. Hope your eye appointment goes well, Marie. Your report card with your mother's hand-written comments is a real treasure. Nobody knows us as well as our mothers do. I love those plaster of Paris flowers and how cute are those coloured acorns? The chip and dip bowl is very clever, indeed. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a tender mercy coming across it Elaine. It left me in tears for most of the day, but it also warmed my heart in a special way. It is raining cats and dogs today Elaine. I will be drenched by the time I get to the Optician, but oh well. Needs to happen. Love and hugs. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hi, Marie! Sooo good to catch up with you! It's been "another week" again, so I'm behind... again... haha! Oh, but how sweet was that--your old report cards! I don't have things like that anymore. I'm not sure if I wasn to remember how I did in school... most of the time I feel like I wish I could do some of life all over again--haha! Although, I did do pretty well in high school. Anyway sooo many FUN things here today! LOVE the little embroidered letter at the top and that needle case. Oooo... I think I need one of those Unicorn Dream Catchers--sooo cute! Those beaded wind chimes are sweet. I never would have thought of shaving cream for paper play--wow! Some folks are so clever! Those mini weaving looms are fun. The metallic acorns are sooo cute & pretty! Oh, and your bagel chips are just the thing for a rainy day. It's drizzling off & on here today too! :/ Hope you all have a very good weekend ahead, and a blessed Sabbath! LOVE YOU BOTH SOOOO MUCH!! :) ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iknow Tracy, I look at these things and ask myself, why didn't I think of that! There are so many clever people about! Its been drizzly here again today. Such wet weather we have been having. Love you my sweet friend. Love to TJ and Luna as well. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Loved seeing the report card on IG petite Marie.You must have felt childlike for a moment.Oh she knew you loved her.
    And yes I am very sorry your sorrow is so eep..but it's because they really are the great love of our lives these mothers of ours from the time we enter the world.
    Have a good appointment!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a deep connection between Mother and Daughter Monique. I think it is because as daughters we also have the capacity to become mothers. Not to say that the connection doesn't exist between Mothers and Sons, but it is a whole other level of understanding that sons/men just don't and can't understand! Have a great weekend! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi Marie~

    Friday Finds, my favorite! I think I have finally gotten my blogger problem figured out...I had to call and have my computer cleaned :0)

    So many cute ideas today, and some of them look really fun to do with kids! I have 4 of my grands coming to stay with us for 4 days while their parents are on Trek. I have been looking for some cute ideas and these look so fun.

    What a wonderful keepsake your mom left you, and in her own handwriting! Isn't it funny how those things become even more treasured as the years go by. Your mom knew you so well, and I can tell she loved you dearly. Tender mercies my sweet Marie.

    Love you tons!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its always a mood lifter when you get IT problems solved Barb! I can never comment via my iPad on Blogger. I know not why! Love and hugs to you always! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Loved seeing your mother's lovely handwriting … and remembering my own emotions when I discover something similar in the hope chest. Is there anything quite so personal as their script?

    Love the martini glass turned dip receptacle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very tender moment Mevely! God bless! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!