Thursday 28 March 2019

My Favourite Things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 
 
A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, or that I just enjoy.  Maybe they will do the same for you.     
 

Hoosier Cabinets.  I especially love this kind with the red trim, and those dishes . . . well  . . .  red and white anything does it for me! 



Vintage Relpo Lady Head vases.  Love LOVE them.  Especially when pearls are included. 


  

Chamomile Tea  . . .  so relaxing  . . . 



Baking  . . . cakes, cookies, pastries . . .  anything  . . .  


  

Old recipes  . . .  especially ones steeped in a  family's history  . . .  



Lace Collars  . . .  any pretty collar really  . . .  


  

The feeling of bare feet on the cool grass in the summer  . . . 



Tea Strainers  . . .  


  

Tea infusers . . . . .



Anything to do with the niceties of tea really  . . .  I have a little silver tea pot tea infuser. I will show it to you sometime  . . . 


  

Kittens in mittens  . . . 




Maxine  . . . 


  

Ruffled bed skirts  . . .  the prettier the better . . . 



The sound of sheep in the field in the morning  . . .  reminds me of our holiday abroad  . . .   



Thatched Cottages  . . . . 


  

Blue and White quilts  . . .  I have one. Its very old.  


  

Bee skip honey dispensers  . . . 


  

Just this  . . . .  




Oxford shoes  . . . .  lace ups  . . . 



Tortoise shell specs  . . .  and tweed  . . . 


And those are my favourite things for this week. What are some of yours?  


  

Guess who turned 27 yesterday!  I baked her her favourite Peanut Butter Cake.  Love this girl.  Grace too . . .  she was 8 months old yesterday and if you look really closely, you will see Jose in the mirror.  Such a sweet family.  Grace is crawling and teething now. Fun times! 

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Use what talents you possess.
The woods would be very silent
if no birds sang there except
the ones who sang the best.
~unknown  •。★★ 。* 。 



Strawberry Almond Cream Cheese Danish 

In the kitchen today  . . .  Strawberry Almond Cream Cheese Danish.  Nummity num num!


Hope you have a beautiful day.  Love and be loved! Don't forget!  
 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

 


7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday..she looks radiant and cutie Grace :)
    I would like a Girl Vase head and have been following one on Garage sale..too steep for me..but she has reduced it 3 times..if she gets to my price I will cave.A man at or market has many but again way too$$
    I am at the end of my collecting days:) I love Hoosier cabinets too..never even knew they were called that.Bonne Journée.A Man Called Ove is on our Netflix..subtitles..well done..I had read the book still enjoyed it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to look that up Monique! I hope you get to buy the vase head! I will cross my fingers that it is reduced even more! Hope you are enjoying a lovely day! xoxo PS - Ariana is definitely the epitome of a Yummy Mummy! Love her to bits!

      Delete
    2. Darn, just checked and we don't get that film here!

      Delete
  2. Your favourites are my favourites, too, Marie. How cute is that little tea strainer? And your "Kittens in Mittens" picture looked so much like our Patches it gave me quite a start. We lost her at 19 1/2 years old and her spirit seems to be captured in our little Daisy Mae who looks almost like her. Thanks for sharing your favourites with all of us. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, love the name Daisy Mae! I would have a cat if we could keep it indoors. Unfortunately no screens on the windows or screen doors! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  3. OH so many pretties here...love all BUT the oxfords...oh my, I had to wear white and black ones in grade school for a bit...I spent my recess dragging the tops over the asphalt to wear them out quicker...heh, my dad could not figure out HOW the tops wore out before the bottoms!! At last though I was permitted to wear different shoes!! (Today kids have more say in what they wear!! haha!!) Lovely photo of the little family nearby who are like kin to you!! That little Grace looks like she will be a singer too!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have saddle shoes in grade school. I loved them. I think Grace is pretty amazing! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!