Tuesday 26 March 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
FOR TODAY, March 26th, 2019

Outside my window ...
The sun is up, the birds are singing, overcast but we are supposed to be having some very nice weather over the next few days. 4*C this morning with a high of 11*C expected.  Yesterday was gorgeous. I can't believe we are already staring the end of March in the face.  Slow down year, you're passing too quickly! 


I am thinking ...
I am thinking the newest book I have written is never going to be published.  It was due in November, got put off.  E-mailed my editor in January, he said he had some business to attend to for a few weeks.  E-mailed him again last week. No response.  Sigh  . . . and I was so proud of the new one too . . . 

I am thankful for ...
Temperatures warming. Longer hours of daylight.  Birds singing.  Bees buzzing. Spring springing.

One of my favourite things ...  

The film, Gone With The Wind.  I must dig it out and watch it again soon. 


In the kitchen ... 
Scrambled Huevos Rancheros Bowls 


Scrambled Heuvos Rancheros Bowls.  Breakfast or dinner.  Its up to you!  


On my "To Cook" list ... 
Fruity Earl Grey Tea Loaf.  Waitrose.  I love tea breads. 


Good to know ...
Not sure about this.  Has anyone ever made their own deodorant?


I am creating ... 
  


Typically Simple Stained Glass Butterfly. 


It all Started with Paint.  Painted Mason Jars.  


Design Improvised.  Butterfly Wreath.  


Flamingo Toes.  Spring Bunnies Pillow.  


Fibre Artsy.  Yarn Wrapped Easter Eggs.  


Oh my goodness ...  

Its that time of year!  (most of those we don't get over here, except for the Lindt and Cadbury Cream Eggs.  


I am reading ...  

 


Hurricane Season, by Lauren K Denton
Betsy and Ty Franklin, owners of Franklin Dairy Farm in southern Alabama, have long since buried their desire for children of their own. While Ty manages their herd of dairy cows, Betsy busies herself with the farm’s day-to-day operations and tries to forget her dream of motherhood. But when her free-spirited sister, Jenna, drops off her two young daughters for “just two weeks,” Betsy’s carefully constructed wall of self-protection begins to crumble.

As the two weeks stretch deeper into the Alabama summer, Betsy and Ty learn to navigate the new additions in their world—and revel in the laughter that now fills their home. Meanwhile, record temperatures promise to usher in the most active hurricane season in decades.

Attending an art retreat four hundred miles away, Jenna is fighting her own battles. She finally has time and energy to focus on her photography, a lifelong ambition. But she wonders how her rediscovered passion can fit in with the life she’s made back home as a single mom.

When Hurricane Ingrid aims a steady eye at the Alabama coast, Jenna must make a decision that will change her family’s future, even as Betsy and Ty try to protect their beloved farm and their hearts. Hurricane Season is the story of one family’s unconventional journey to healing—and the relationships that must be mended along the way. 


I am looking forward to ... 
 The April General Conference. There have been so many changes over the last year or so in the church. Nothing Doctrinal. Just shorter Sunday meetings, ages of Priesthood ordinations, a more home centred study, ministering, etc.  Wondering what comes next.  President Nelson did tell us to hang onto our hats.  I love General Conference anyways.  I always enjoy all of the talks. 


Dreaming about ...  


Pretty Tea Cups  . . . 


  


Wild Flowers  . . . 


Peter Pan Collars  . . . 


   


Bicycles and robins  . . . 


flower sprigged petticoats  . . . 


Makes me smile ...  

  


Bunny Whiskers  . . . 

Something to watch ... 

   


Rillington Place  on Netflix. A three-part drama about serial killer John Christie and the murders at 10 Rillington Place in the 1940s and early 1950s. Tim Roth is amazing in this. Is there anything he can't do?  What a fabulous actor. Based on a true story.  The BBC does these things so very well.

A thought to carry with you  ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
This becoming,
will ask for your breath, patience,
and for your fight, peserverence . . .
Transformation is made of both
surrender and strength.
~butterflies rising  •。★★ 。* 。 


Corners of my kingdom ... 


An old wheelbarrow and watering cans at Errdig. Erddig is a very special place - a unique family home with great gardens that has captured the way of life of a bustling household during the early years of the last century. Its about an hour and a half from where I live. 
 


Owned by the National Trust, its gardens are stunning and you can also tour inside the house, which I find completely fascinating.  I never tire of going there. 


And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   





10 comments:

  1. Hi, Marie! Oh, but I do hope your new book will be published! Your editor doesn't sound to helpful or responsive. :/ I guess it's too late to seek another one? Your egg bowl looks delicious--YUM! I love eggs, any way. That tea loaf looks delish too...mmm... I've made my own deodorant for some time now. I mostly use a mix that is simply baking soda/bicarb and lavender oil, which I just dust under my pits with a make up brush. I've tried the ones with coconut oil, but I don't like them that much--takes too long to absorb into the skin (which is helpful else you have oil on your cloths, which is not helpful), and during summer months you have to keep the deodorant in the fridge because heat will make the solid coconut oil comment melt and your deodorant separates. :/ It's all worth a try, all about preferences. So many pretty spring ideas here today. LOVE the butterfly wreath, and those mason jars so so sweet too. :) Hope you have a lovely week, my friend! LOVE YOU LOTS!! ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering that about the coconut oil, if it would stain your clothing. We like egg dishes also, and they have lovely eggs over here in the UK. Love you lots too my sweet friend. I hope you are experiencing some spring like weather as we are! Love and hugs! xoxo

      Delete
  2. No Rillington Place here:( J is not interested in season 2 of Tin Star.I love him as an actor too..
    Wtached the 15-17 train to paris last night the reviews are awful.I liked it.Go figure.
    I love Bylys H2O deodorant..liked it so much put some in my daughters stockings one yr..they hate it lol:)Have a great day!
    PS Re your book..you never know:)Until they have said no..you never know:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will just have to keep e-mailing until I get a response I guess Monique! Funny how we get things here you don't and you get things we don't. For instance Mr Rogers. I really would have loved to see that film! Happy Tuesday! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I am not a legal expert, but seems to me you need to fire that editor and find yourself another!! Sure sounds fishy all that...hope it will work out in the end, Marie!! Sending hugs, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's usually very good, which is why I am a bit worried Elizabeth. Really they have been good and dealt with me fairly all along! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Thanks for brightening my day with your daybook entry. Your weather sounds lovely. We are suppose to have a good day here too; except we still don’t have a lot of spring signs. I know it’s around the corner though so I am excited to see it come. Yes, how can be April already. Time is flying.
    I will pray that your book get’s published soon. I love that you are a writer and have a published book. Of course, you are such a fantastic Chef. I just find you amazing.
    I loved looking at all of your Easter and Spring photos of different items. I will always love tea cups like you.
    I love your creating part; fun! I wish I had more of a creative side.
    Your book looks fascinating. I wish I had time to read. Maybe let me know how it ends.
    I always love the clothing items you share. I love the same style of clothes.
    I know I would be love seeing your corner of the kingdom.
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeAnn! I suspect we are alike in very many ways LeAnn! I still hope that we will be able to meet in person one day! Love and hugs for you and Roger! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Your dealings with your editor must be very frustrating, Marie. Does it say anything in your contract about missing the scheduled publication date? Any sign of that little package I mailed to you back in February? Fingers crossed it will arrive safely. It's been six weeks now so should be making an appearance soon. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sign of it yet Elaine, but I expect it to arrive any day now as well! So excited about that. No contract for this one Elaine, just a verbal agreement and the proposed date of publication was November last. They were also publishing another cookbook at the same time and that one ended up taking up all the air in the room (so to speak). I know the author and I know how demanding she is, so I wasn't really surprised that mine got put off, but he did say in January, and here we are the end of March. I will keep hoping that it won't be long now! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!