Friday 18 October 2013

Friday Finds


  photo FridayFinds_zpsb214ccd8.jpg


I thought it would be fun on Fridays to share with you five things that I have discovered each week.  A Friday five as it were and how I feel about them, so without any more adieu I will continue!


 photo 16-free-printables-at-tatertots-and-jello_zps7219685e.jpg

If you are looking for cute and quirky printables for holidays or parties or whatever, I found these 16 free printables over on Tater Tots and Jello.   I was so lucky to have met Jen Jen a few years back.  She and her lovely mom picked me up at the airport when I flew into Salt Lake City.  There are  a really nice pair of gals!  

HalloweenBanner 

I found this adorable Halloween banner over on Skip to My Lou.   Don't they look like fun, and so easy to do as well!   



In fact I found this entire Page which is filled with delightful free printables for Halloween, and  lots of other holidays.  There are bookmarks and treat boxes and just about anything you are looking for when it comes to the holidays! 

Cake Pop Candy Corn Treats ~ Perfect for a fall celebration! www.uncommondesignsonline.com #recipes

Look at these adorable Cake Pops!!   Aren't they just the sweetest things!   They would be perfect for any Autumnal party you want to throw!  I found them on Uncommon Designs.   That's a great page by the way.  They really tickle my creative fancy!  

Customizable Packing List StuffedSuitcase.com #travel #planning #family #vacation

Our good friend Peter stopped by last night.  He and his wife had just gotten back from a Holiday on the Costa Del Sol.   We were talking about what a nightmare travel is these days . . . dealing with the airport, car rentals, getting around once you get there . . . the whole thing is so convuluted and complicated, which makes everything rather stressful.  I found these customizable printable Packing Lists, which might make things a tiny big easier.  You can find them on Stuffed Suitcase, which is a site which is filled with all sorts of travel helps!    



Are you looking for unique and novel ways to take family photos?   Wonder no more.  I found this page, Shaffer Sisters,  which has all sorts of hints and ideas for these!  I sure wish I had had the technology and know how to do this when my own family was growing up.   What great momentos they would have been.  We only ever had one done, and that was a nightmare.  Getting five children to look at the camera and smile at the same time was next to impossible!

25 Hot Chocolate Recipes - Pumpkin, Peppermint and MORE at anightowlblog.com | #hotchocolate #recipes  

With the cold weather upon us I was feeling up for a nice hot chocolate and look what I found! 
Twenty Five recipes for a variety of hot chocolates!  It's Hot Chocolate heaven, and you can find them all on A Night Owl Blog.   Fabulous!  Who knew?

25 Awesome Apple Desserts! | #apple #desserts #recipes

And because I am crazy for apples, especially at this time of year I went snooping on A Night Owl Blog and I found a plethora of tasty looking Apple Desserts!   I tell you that blog is a real pot of gold!  So happy I discovered it!

photo rag quilt

Isn't this a Brilliant Idea!!!   It's a photo rag quilt.   You can find the instructions on one of my favourite how to blogs to visit, Kevin and Amanda.   They're a really cute couple with a couple of really cute dogs and it's filled with fab ideas for all sorts and lots of cookin eye candy!   That gal has a sweet tooth!



I found this really neat tutorial for making your own pull out Canned Food Storage unit on Classy Clutter.   I don't know about you, but I think this is a fabulous idea!  There are just so many talented and smart people out there.  I am always amazed at the ideas they come up with!  

Oh, I know, this is a lot more than five here, but once I got started I just couldn't stop myself!  I am hoping that you found something here to tickle your fancy too!

I was sitting here yesterday afternoon and I had just said to Todd, I think it's in really bad form that almost a month after my trip to the ER I still have not had an appointment at the Cardiac Unit at the hospital.   Right after I said that the telephone rang and it was the hospital asking me why I had not come to my appointment yesterday morning.  I was like . . . Duh?   What appointment?   Apparently they had sent me a letter over a week ago and I had not received it.   So they gave me a new one, which is now for the 30th of October.   Another two week wait.   Sigh . . . and wait . . . it gets better.

Right after I hung up the phone the daily post slipped through our letter box and there was the hospital letter.  Posted first class over a week ago.  So much for first class post!

I don't know about you, but I am ready for an uplifting thought to help carry me through today!

Photo

 “The road of life twists and turns
and no two directions are ever the same.
Yet our lessons come from the journey,
not the destination.”
~ Don Williams, Jr  



 photo SAM_1240_zpseee9571e.jpg 

Cooking in The English Kitchen today . . . Shepherd's Pie Buns!   Fabulous!

Have a wonderful Friday!  May it be as special as you are!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!