Saturday 24 November 2012

Poetry Saturday . . . A Mother's Love

Source: askart.com via Dixie on Pinterest


A mother's love is something
that no one can explain . . .
It is made of deep devotion
and of sacrifice and pain.




It is endless and unselfish
and enduring, come what may,
For nothing can destroy it
or take that love away.



It is patient and forgiving
when all others are forsaking,
And it never fails or falters
even though the heart is breaking.



It believes beyond believing
when the world around condemns,
And it glows with all the beauty
of the rarest, brightest gems.




It is far beyond defining,
it defies all explanation,
And it still remains a secret
like the mysteries of creation . . .



A many splendid miracle
man cannot understand
And another wondrous evidence
of God's tender, guiding hand.
~Helen Steiner Rice



Nobody can touch the heart or put it's yearnings into words like Helen Steiner Rice.    I just love her poetry.

It is not Mother's Day, nor is it my mother's birthday, or any other special day regarding my mother.  I am quite simply overwhelmed with love and feeling for her this morning.   My mother has always been my biggest fan, next to my father.  I know I have disappointed her many times in my lifetime, but she has always loved and supported me just the same.  She's always tried to steer me in the right direction, and even if I didn't always want to listen to what she had to say . . . I always knew that her words came from the core of her loving heart . . . her love for me has always been her motivation in all things.

 

I will be calling her a bit later today . . . I know, I usually call her on Sundays, but this weekend is different.  I woke up to an e-mail from my brother this morning telling me that there is a strong possibility she may have lung cancer.   Her heart went out of rhythm yesterday and so she went to the hospital to have it checked.  They did x-rays and there was a unexplainable shadow.  They think it may be lung cancer, but have no idea how bad it is or not.   She will be in the hospital for tests from Monday on to determine whats what.  I am trying to remain optimistic, but I don't mind admitting to you I am terrified and that is only a fraction of what my mother may be feeling.  I need to be strong for her.

 

It is hard being so far away, but I will cross that bridge when I come to it.  What I am asking for this morning is your deepest most heartfelt prayers for my mother.  I love my mother with all of my heart . . . no different love than any other child might have for their mother . . . but I don't want my mother to suffer.  I know that we all have to die some day, and my heart has known all along that my mom would not be with us forever . . . but it's something you shove to the back of your mind isn't it.  I know that when she does leave her for her Heavenly Home . . . I will miss her dreadfully because she is my best friend, next to my sister . . . but that isn't why I am crying this morning.  I don't want my mom to suffer, or to be all alone like she is now.  I know I am putting the horse before the cart . . . and it may be nothing at all . . . but please pray . . . pray that it's not what they think it is . . . and if it is, please pray that we all have the strength to do what we have to do.
Thank you so much.  God bless you all.

 

Baking in The English Kitchen today . . . Lemon Streusel Drizzle Cake.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!