Thursday 4 July 2024

My Favorite Things . . .

 

These are some of the things in life that I enjoy and which make me happy, inspire me, or put a smile on my face. Maybe some of them are yours too.  Lets share! 


 


Cone flowers.  I don't know the proper name for these. Similar in looks and color to a daisy, but not a daisy. Love them.


 


Clay Pots  . . . 


 

Fresh Tomatoes  . . . 


 

Hanging Plants  . . .  love them.


 

Barns that look like they have something to say  . . . love barns anyways, but this one looks like a face!


 


Turrets  . . .  Rapunzel, Rapunzel,  let down your hair  . . . 


 

Big, beautiful windows  . . . 


 


Flags and patriotism  . . . 


 

Winding country roads  . . .  see the sheep?  There is a straggler.


 


Pretty sunsets  . . . 


 


Flower Sprigged dresses  . . . 


 

Fabric covered buttons  . . .  so pretty  . . .  and daisies  . . .


 

So pretty  . . . .


 

Flower sprigged pillow cases  . . . 


 

Flower baskets  . . . 


 

Pie and ice cream . . .  especially apple pie. Mom made the best apple pies  . . . 


 

A chair to curl up in  . . . would you remove the pillows to curl up?


 

Europe  . . .  window boxes . . .  flowers  . . . 


 

Such a pretty alcove  . . .  love the colors  . . . 


 

Donkeys  . . . 


 

Forget me not  . . . 


 

A wagon full of flowers  . . . 


 

Pretty rings  . . . 


 

Lace trimmed shelves  . . . 


 

Little Jenny Wrens  . . . 


 

Pretty earrings  . . . 


Lets just face it. I love pretty things  . . . 


A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
 *Back on its golden hinges
the gate of memory swings -
And my heart goes in the garden
and walks with olden things.
~Ella Wheeler Wilcox° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •


Happy Fourth of July to all my American family and friends!  Hope your day is a great one!  Stay safe!



In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Oatmeal Chocolate Chip S'More Cookies.  Decadent. Delicious. Moreish.


I hope that you have a beautiful day wherever you are!  Cindy's two kittens are going in for neutering today.  Such a nerve wracking thing, but it has to be done. Whatever you get up to today, I hope you enjoy a few of your favorite things.  Stay safe and don't forget! 


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

 

And I do too! 
 

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure things will go well for Cindy's kitties. Lots of pretty eye candy to look at this morning. The humidity has returned today, already hot and sticky early this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my, so many beautiful favourites today. They all seem to speak of a bygone life, more calm and serene than our weary old world today. Hope Cindy’s kitties recover quickly. Hard to watch them in pain. How did Dan’s first day at his new job go? Well, I hope. It’s looks like a new Labour government will be elected in England. At least they don’t have a “Trump” lurking in the background. I’m definitely going to make those Oatmeal S’Mores cookies. Take care, Marie. Stay cool, stay safe. Love and hugs, Elaine (in Toronto).

    ReplyDelete
  3. When our little female kitty was neutered, the vet said to keep her quiet when she returned home because she feels good and will be active. Right after I removed her from her carrier, and left her in the living room, I heard "bonk, bonk, bonk" from the piano keyboard. She was jumping up and down on the keys. I thought she was done for, but the vet said she was sewn up securely, and just keep her inside until she returned for her post-op checkup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, we were invited over for the 4th to our son's today. But Hubby is ill so we are home. I spend HOURS getting a huge potato salad made (for 13 people) made, an over an hour each on 2 different cakes...argh!! Oh well, we will all get to eat the food anyway!! And really? There are so many events I have had to miss in my life due to ill health and other events, I could never remember them all. So one manages eh? Hope the kitties surgeries go well. We used to have the best VET in the world...I told him I so wished he was a human doc as he was SO skilled...he never left scars when he did surgery on your pet, imagine that!! He said, "Well, I can't do humans cause it just kills me when I loose an animal and sometimes you just cannot save them. And he told me then that indeed the best docs are usually vets cause often the vet students who drop out of vet school, go on to become human docs!! YIKES!!" I thought he was kidding me, but indeed he was not. And he added, "Besides OUR patients cannot talk to us, you know!!"
    Elizabeth xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!