Thursday 29 September 2022

My Favorite Things . . .

 

 
  


A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitter pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥  What can I say. I like pretty things. I love looking at them and sometimes I even get to have some for myself. 



 



Counted cross stitch. I did a lot of it when I was younger. I had some of it over in the UK with me. Why didn't I shove it into my suitcase when I left.  It pains me to think . . . I guess I had so little time to prepare to leave and my mind was not in the right place. 


 


My Luna Lapin. I need to make her some more clothes.  She has only the one dress so far. So many projects, so little time  . . . 


 


Door knockers.  I love door knockers.  


 


Crochet potholders.  Somehow, I managed to remember to stick these in my suitcase. And yet there were others I did not. 


 



Diaries and botanicals . . .  a brilliant combination  . . . 



 


The art I have collected by Eva Koleva Timothy  . . . I have 7 of her pieces now. I love them all. They all have meaning for me.



 



My glass birds . . . I love them  . . . 


 


Orange cats . . .  they have plenty of character.



 


The Classics.  Pretty books. When the two are combined, you have something very beautiful indeed.



 


My Cath Kidston gloves  . . .  somehow they made it here with me. I love the pompom wrist ties.


 



Stoneware mugs and jugs  . . . 



 


My tea cosy . . .  it is one of my prized possessions and I love the person who created it for me too. 💖


 


Pretty teacups  . . .  I love this person too. 💖 


 


Window light at night  . . .  welcoming  . . . 



 



This photograph of my four younger children.  That was a long time ago now.  They are all in their 40's now except for the baby who is 33.  I also love my napkin holder set I got from my sister and that Mom plaque which is one of the things I had bought for my mother. 


 


I love this time of year  . . . the light, the air, the smells, the feels  . . . tis my favorite of all the seasons.




This photo of my mother. She was very proud of this photo.  We each have a copy of it in our home. I miss my mother so much . . . 




These colors and working with my hands . . . 

And those are my favorite things for this week. I need to get going. I am taking my car to (hopefully) be cleaned this morning.  Fingers crossed!

A thought to carry with you . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
  ˚•˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Never let the fear of striking out
prevent you from playing the game.
~Babe Ruth•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。






Something I had been mulling over my mind for a while now. In the kitchen today   . . .  Four delicious meals to make for one person from one pound of ground beef.  Easily multiplied to feed more, but then again you will need more beef. 


Have a wonderful day!  The sun is shining here brilliantly.  Whatever you get up to stay safe and be happy.  Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       

10 comments:

  1. A very chilly start to the day here, 3 Celsius, almost frost time. hope your car gets done on time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was not done until almost 4 pm! I don't understand why it takes so long but at least it is done now and they gave me a discount, so it's all good. xoxo

      Delete
  2. I so agree, Fall is wonderful!! Of course, here we are waiting for Ian to fall...though probably just high winds, and maybe loss of electricity...but oh the cooler weather has come and it is SO NICE!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will be okay Elizabeth. I am praying! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Every photo in this post is simply lovely…Luna!…..thanks.
    Happy, happy day. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweetheart Lina is, oh my! You'll have to make her a Christmas wardrobe. Loys of fabulous favourites today. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had planned on having so many clothes done for her by now Elaine, but alas, best laid plans and all that. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!