Thursday 9 January 2020

My favourite things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 


These are a few of my favourite things.  Maybe some of them are yours also!  A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, or that I just enjoy. I hope that they will do the same for you.   



This is a real heart-string plucker.  Grandchildren's birthdays.  Joshie has a Birthday today.  Doug's middle son Josh is turning 12 today.  They are growing up far too fast.  I adore our Josh (as I do all my grandsons).  He is smart and sweet and very creative.  He always says hello when we are facetiming and is happy to show me what he is up to.  I love you Josh!  I hope you have a wonderful day and that your Birthday card got to you on time! 


  


The colour of this nail varnish. I will have to look for some. We will be in town today for my Back Doctor appointment (first since before Christmas) so I will have to pop into boots and see if they have any!  


   


This colour combination.  Navy and mustard.  They go together like peas and carrots! 


   


A litter of pups.  So adorable  . . .  


    


Flowers in her hair  . . .  this photo made me think about the Cowsills song about the flower girl.  I had to listen to it. That song really makes me smile. You can listen to it here if you want to take yourself back a few years.  Its a cute video full of photos of girls with flowers in their hair, including the Duchess of Cambridge. 


 

  
Folk dolls  . . .  I used to make them and it gave me a lot of pleasure.  Maybe I need to get back into making dolls  . . . 


Bedtime stories.  I have always loved them.  I recently got the Calm app and I listen to a bedtime story every night.  I fall asleep quickly and have been sleeping really well. 


   


Speaking of beds, this bed is amazing!  Its a bedtime story in and of itself!  


 

 
Artichokes.  Especially marinated ones  . . .  oh and hot artichoke dip, chicken with artichokes . . .  yum  . . . 



Smocked dresses on little girls.  They are so pretty.  I bought several for Maryn when she was wee.  One was made from tan baby cordoroy, with pink piping and pink rose embrodery on the smocking. It was beautiful. I so would have loved to see her in it  . . .  sadly I did not.  



Bath tub trays.  We no longer have a bath so I don't have one, but I sure would love to have one if I did have a bath tub.  They are so elegant and stylish. 


   


 Speaking of baths . . .  candlit long soaks in hot tubs  . . .  with bubbles . . . 


   


Pretty bake shops. I used to love going to Patisserie Valerie.  We don't have one in Chester anymore  . . .  sadly. 


Blueberries . . .  blueberry anything.  They are my favourite berries  . . . 


  


Lace collars  . . .  pearly buttons, pleats . . .  a brilliant combination  . . .  



Lacy knee highs  . . . . 


  

Wood floors  . . . . 


Cosy quilts  . . . 


  


 Old china plates with roses on them  . . . 


Pretty guest towels . . . 


And those are some of my favourite things for this week . . .  loving my new console desk by the way.  The best £19.99 we ever spent. 


 A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Discipline is choosing 
between what you want now 
and what you want most. 
~Abraham Lincoln •。★★ 。* 。  


There's a new recipe in The English Kitchen today.  Ham & Cheese Casserole.  A great way to use up leftovers. Quick, easy and delicious.  

 
Have a great day! Whatever you get up to, don't forget!  
 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   



And I do too!      





6 comments:

  1. I loved that song:)♥Lots of same faves of course..not sure we have that nail varnish here..?
    That bed! I have a regret..when I sold Philomenas' home maybe 15- yrs ago..she had a pale robin egg blue metal ornate bed.. with a hand painted angel at head and foot..very well painted..like the Sistine Chapel..her partner had been an antique colllector of sorts..she offered to sell it to me and I declined:( I went back and it was gone..sold to daisy Antiques..I still think about that treasure..

    Oh well..I didn't need another bed.. how stupid was that?:):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. aww it sounds like a beautiful bed too. Oh well, things are meant to be. And as you say you didn't need another bed. Like me though, you love pretty things. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hi Marie~

    Beautiful finds today! I Love the Flower Girl...one of my favorite songs growing up, nice memory!

    Happy birthday to, Josh, what a cutie! I hope his birthday is wonderful!

    I have the, Calm app on my phone, I should listen to bedtime stories, what a great idea. As talented as you are, just think of the cute foot board you could paint!

    I also love the wooden floors, so beautiful. One day, I would love to have an old home with wood floors and old ornate doors and beautiful tall windows...only a dream :0)

    I'm so sorry that you had a horrible day on Tuesday!! Scammers are the worst! I usually get at least one scam/hacker call a day. I have made it a point to never answer a phone number that I don't recognize, but sometime out of habit I answer. I'm glad you were able to get it cleared up.

    I love your desk, what a beautiful addition to your living room. It's always nice to have something new, and especially when it is a bargain!

    Hope your week is going better! Sure do love you!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't beat charity/second hand shops for bargains Barb! I need to go more often, but then again, we are downsizing not accumulating! Love and hugs to you my sweet friend! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Your favourite things are all so pretty. I agree, navy and mustard yellow go very well together. The sun is shining here but it is crisp and cold. Time to take a look at the weekly flyers and plan a grocery shop. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love sunny, crisp and cold Elaine! I can remember it being so bright as a child that looking at the snow would hurt the eyes. They don't do weekly flyers here. I miss that! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!