Sunday 8 July 2018

Sunday this and that . . .


  


Bird . . .
how free of care you are . . .
with happy note and soaring wings!
Do you know nothing of this world
with all its sad and evil things??  






Nothing. God created me
and put me here
for this one thing . . .
to fill the air with rhapsody,
my commandment
is to sing . . .  



 

And so the Lord's work
I perform.
My daily song of joy I raise.
For this He brought me
from the nest . . .
to sing His glory,
and His praise.
~Patience Strong  



Do you sing the song you were sent here to sing?
Will you sing your song today? Some food for thought perhaps  . . .   




Speaking of food and thought, I started watching the most amazing show on Netflix last night.  Somebody Feed Phil. "Everybody Loves Raymond" creator Phil Rossenthal travels the globe sampling favourite global dishes.  Has this guy got a dream job or what.  I started on the first episode of series 2, but was so engaged by it, I think I am going to want to go back and watch series 1. In this first episode of the series he was in Venice.  I am in love with this show. This is not Man VS Food.  This is an epicurian travelling the world and sampling the delights the world has to offer.  Maybe I am wrong, but this is a winner . . .  or maybe I am in love with the food of Venice? 




Something else I am in love with.  Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.  This is also very engaging! 


   


And we continue to enjoy this beautiful weather we are experiencing up here in the North West, with no end in sight!  Its been just lovely, and we are gobbling it up! I don't care how brown the grass is.  I am a bit worried about the fires on the moorlands  . . .  




Hundreds of firefighters have been fighting the blazes since the 28th of June. 


  

The good news is that the soldiers which had been sent to help in the task have now been stood down, so that means that good progress is being made in the fight.  Can you believe that they think it is arson which started this all up?  Unbelievable! 

People are just crazy!! 




YES!!

And yesterday we were thrilled to watch the match as England beat out Sweden in the Quarterfinals match of the World Cup in Russia with 2-nil goals!  They will now play in the semi-finals  on Wednesday.  It was a brilliant match.  We will be glued to our telly on Wednesday to see what happens next!  Yes, we have caught the World Cup Football Fever.  (And we are not normally footie watchers!)

And with that I best leave you with a thought for today as I need to get ready for church!

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Beauty begins the moment
you decide to be yourself.
~Coco Channel  •。★★ 。* 。 


 

In The English Kitchen today . . .  Fresh Berry Crostini.  Delicious and simple.  YUM!

Have a brilliant Sunday.  Be blessed.  Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!





4 comments:

  1. The birds are definitely singing here this morning. We have a beautiful day here. Sad to see the pictures of the fires. We have places here in the US that are very dry and catch fire easily too. But here we've had plenty of raining the grass is green. It's something to be thankful for. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think happy balance between wet and dry is best Pam! God bless! Xoxo

      Delete
  2. So many birds:) I love them.
    I am also consumed about the prisoners in the cave:(Some are out now..I want them all out.
    Our grass is getting brown..the canvas for the gardens:(

    Have a lovely Sunday..will look into the shows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would especially like Feed Phil Monique as it is a combination of travel and food! I want all the boys to get out of the caves also. Last I heard they had four out and hoping to get more out today! Praying! Xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!