Tuesday 7 November 2017

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
 
FOR TODAY, November 7th, 2017

Outside my window ...
Its cold, but the sun is up.  I am awake a bit later this morning.  I know not why save I slept in, lol.  This is a very rare occurance!  But I will be out with the ladies tonight so who knows when I will get to sleep after that, so its probably a good thing! 
 
I am thinking ...
I am thinking about my life's journey and how far I have come.  Sometimes I am amazed. I hope that I have a few more good years to achieve even more. I'm not quite ready to throw in the towel yet!

In the Kitchen ...
 
Eileen's Hotdog and Corn Casserole.  I talk with our Eileen every day on Messenger on FB.  We often talk about what we have eaten or what we are cooking.  She is always asking me how I make things.  Several times this casserole came up that she makes.  It sounded delicious so I asked her how to do it and I did it.  It was really, really nice, and now I am sharing it with you.  Good job Eileen!

On my "To Cook" list ...
 
 From This Is How I Cook.  These look fabulously tasty.  Now all I need to do is find street size taco tortillas.  And Green Chilies. They might just remain a dream.

Good to know ...



I am creating ...

From Tell, Love and Party.  A felt Christmas Garland, which is colourful and looks really easy to make.  


Snowflake Banner from Holly Brooke Jones. This is so pretty.  A complete tutorial.  I love that she has used ricrac for the string.


Simple Bites, how to make orange pomander balls.   


Happy Snowman Hat for Kids.  From 4 Kids and a Hobby on Ravelry. A free pattern.


Puff Stitch Dish Cloth.  A free pattern on Crochet 'n' Create.  In both North American and British terms. I love the edging.

I am reading ...

The Keeper of Lost Things, by Ruth Hogan
Once a celebrated author of short stories now in his twilight years, Anthony Peardew has spent half his life collecting lost objects, trying to atone for a promise broken many years before.
Realising he is running out of time, he leaves his house and all its lost treasures to his assistant Laura, the one person he can trust to fulfil his legacy and reunite the thousands of objects with their rightful owners. But the final wishes of the 'Keeper of Lost Things' have unforeseen repercussions which trigger a most serendipitous series of encounters.

I just started this last night.  Someone had posted about it on Instagram and I was compelled to get it.  I hope it lives up to its hype!

I am looking forward to ...
 Once a year in the weeks preceding Christmas the ladies in our church congregation get together and enjoy a meal as friends in this really lovely hotel in Wales called Plas Hafod. It is something which I really look forward to each year.  We all really enjoy being together and the food is really good.  Good food and great company. It can't be beat!

Dreaming about ...

My friend Tina was here last night and fell in love with my book. She says I now have to write a proper novel.  Should I or shouldn't I?  I don't know  . . . I could try I suppose.


Mastering Puff Pastry from scratch  . . . 

  

Dragonfly Nottingham Lace  . . . 


Daydreamer Soya Candles  . . .   


Hand carved wooden spoons  . . . .

  

Printed Flour Sac tea towels  . . . 

Something to watch ... 

  

 Elizabeth and Darcy, now six years married, are preparing for their annual ball when festivities are brought to an abrupt halt. An adaptation of PD James's homage to Pride and Prejudice.  I love a good mystery. 

A Quote for the day ...
(¯`v´¯)
  `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
You must learn to master a new way to think
before you can master a new way to be ...
~Marianne Williamson‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.. 

Makes me smile ...

Josh and Jake build a fort
 This fort building business is really hard work.

  

But you need a fort if you are going to guard your
Halloween Goodies properly! 

Corners of My Kingdom ...


Jarlshof, Shetland.  Home to the largest site of Viking remains in Britain, and years of history before that. 

And that's my daybook for this week!


  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆


✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


 


BOOK OF MORMON CORNER - Today's Reading -1 Nephi 13:40-14:8  
Question - What have you learnt from the reading today? How does knowing the plain and precious truths of the gospel help you to hearken unto the Lord?   

What I learnt - Verses 6&7 really stood out to me today, almost like they were in bold letters. I thought we have the plain and precious truths, there is no stumbling block before us, apart from the one we put there by hardening our hearts. We are part of a great and marvellous work, and if you don't know it and you don't feel that fire of testimony, now is the time to be building and stoking the fire. We put ourselves directly into captivity when we entertain any anti Mormon stuff.  It is not educated, it is deception. If you aren't sure about the church, or the Book of Mormon or whatever it is, go directly to the source. Do as Joseph Smith did, and ask God. Then you can know for yourself. For myself, I know it, and I know that God knows it and I cannot deny it. I love this following quote I and feel it is truth 100%. 
 
"To meet the difficulties that are coming, it will be necessary for you to have a knowledge of the truth of this work for yourselves. The difficulties will be of such a character that the man or woman who does not possess this personal knowledge or witness will fall. If you have not got the testimony, live right and call upon the Lord and cease not till you obtain it. If you do not you will not stand...The time will come when no man or woman will be able to endure on borrowed light. Each will have to be guided by the light within himself...If you don't have it you will not stand, therefore seek for the testimony of Jesus and CLEAVE to it, that when the trying time comes you may not stumble and fall" Heber C. Kimball. 

I feel those days are fast approaching.  I can see it and I can feel it. This is the time to carve your testimony into stone, before it is too late. My friend Tina, Todd and I were all talking about this just last night. The hour is hastening. Before long it will be too late.

Tomorrow's Reading (Day 19) -  1 Nephi 14:9-30
Question - What have you learnt from the reading today? What are the characteristics of the Church of the Lamb of God V's the Church of the devil? 

 Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!! 

  

 

10 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, what a fabulous idea! Your writing is amazing, definitely a novel, then the film rights....the sky's the limit, the worlds your oyster! As you can tell I'm excited for you already!!!

    A lovely day book as usual, enjoy your night out. Lot's of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Marie! Such good food! Those quesadilla look yummy! We love quesadillas! I like the smaller-sized tortialls. Not all the stores have them, though. That felt garland is CUTE! Nice to use up leftover felt/pieces. That snowflake garland is GORGEOUS! We'd not be able to have though one though, I think... a certain kitty here would have that down and in shreds in an instant! ;) LOL... VERY fun you upcoming gathering with ladies from your church for some extra fellowship before Christmas--wonderful idea! I can see you writing a novel!! How about a novella to start?! ;) I've liked some of the Jane Austen "remakes," but not all. Can't say I like the mystery ones. I've never been one to read mysteries much. And definitely not those zombie Jane stories...no way! LOL... Happy week, my fried... LOVE YOU!! ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate! Thanks so much! I have so much fun doing these Simple Women's Daybook entries. I really do. I need to figure out more posts that are similar, but still exciting! I am remaining hopeful about the book! Fingers crossed and all that! xoxo

    Thanks Tracy, those little guesadillas look incredibly amazing. I am really going to have to try them! So naughty however! I don't think I would like Jane Austin Zombies! Happy week to you also. Love and hugs to all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You DO write so well!!
    How abou a book about everything you have gone through!
    I know I have enjoyed it all..how you overcame the struggles etc..

    it is inspiring!

    The boys look like wee architects:)
    Fun stuff Marie:)
    I pinned Abbe's minis..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Monique! I love to see little boys hard at play! Abbe's minis look so delicious. I am going to have to really hunt down those small tortillas! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing my quesadillas recipe. You can use larger tortillas and cut them into wedges. Now for the green chilies-I am not so sure of a substitute there! Love that felt garland and I always think that if you have a book in you then you should get it out. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard of face mapping Marie!
    Those cute little boys sure look like their having alot of fun!
    I'm interested in seeing what kind of book your going to write next.
    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are welcome Abbe! It really looks like a delicious recipe! I am going to try roasting my own green chilies. You have a lovely cooking blog! xoxo

    They are the best of friends Jan and get along so very well most of the time. Of course they have their moments like anyone! Love and hgus! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must try the Quesadillas for sure. They look good and my husband loves them. I liked the pimple mapping; very interesing. I still have breakout at time. I think being 71 is way to old for that.
    I loved the Christmas decorations and the cute crocheted hats and discloths. I loved the edging too.
    You always have such fun books you are reading.
    I have been wanting you to write a book forever. Please write a novel. You can do it; you are so talented.
    Always such fun finds. I liked the tea towels and other fun items; especially the decor ones.
    Really love Josh and Jake’s fort and your cute thoughts about it. Cardboard boxes are such great play toys.
    I wish so much that my son in law was not going the way of an anti. I want so much for him to try to find his testimony again.
    It’s all so sad. The road to Apostasy is so awful and he is going down the wrong path at a rapid rate. Right now he has some brothers that are following along too. We are pray mightily that he might have an Alma experience to turn him around. I liked what you wrote about it.
    Blessings and hugs for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think we are ever too old to have breakouts! I will keep your SIL in my prayers, and his brothers too. God bless and love to you and thanks so much for your sweet comment! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!