Monday 7 August 2017

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 
 

"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.


Last evening we watched the Osmond's last ever family concert on YouTube. It was great!  It is from 2008 and was filmed at the Conference centre in SLC.  We both thoroughly enjoyed the hour we spent with them.  They are such a wonderful family.  Rumour has it that someone from the family will be moving into our church Ward, but I don't know how true that is.  Anyways, if you are looking for something really nice to watch check it out.


 My Sunday calls with mum.  I love her so much. I am so grateful that I live in a time where get to talk to her each week.  I could each and every day if I wanted to but I don't think she would welcome the intrustion into her life.  She has a schedule and has never enjoyed it being messed with.  I did phone her an extra time last week, and might surprise her again one day this week and call her midweek.  She seemed to enjoy that.  I love my mother so very much.  I wish I did not have to live so far away from her.


This little lady.  She brings so much joy into our lives.  She has personality with a plus.  She actually tries to talk to us.  If we have been out, she spends a good ten minutes telling us what she did while we were away.   If there is something that she thinks we should know about going on in the garden, she comes and tells us and won't leave us alone until we go investigate . . .

  

She loves her belly rubs and entices us to give them to her frequently.  Life would not be the same without her.  Not at all.


A pile of these that need finishing.  I should get at them. I love making dolls.  I used to make a lot of them.  I need to make more of them.  I need to make one of these for Maryn. I can't believe that I haven't done that yet.  Kick up the rear end for me.  I will rectify that this week. 

  

Loving these cool nights that we are having for sleeping.  I hate it in the summer when it is too hot at night and sleep doesn't come easily.  We have not had too many of those this year and I am grateful for that.  We are supposed to get very unsettled weather this week, but we will make the most of it. 

  

The kindness of others.  A man from our church congregation came to us on Friday last and trimmed our hedge for Todd. It was so very kind of him.  We have a huge garden and the hedge is over the head in height and borders three sides of the garden.These last few years the trimming of it has been a bit overwhelming for Todd.  I am so grateful for this wonderful man's generosity in helping us to get it done.  Now we just need to get the grass mowed.

  

The Zone Leaders (missionaries in charge of this zone) send us a scripture message via text every day, along with their thoughts on it,  which we really enjoy receiving.  Even though our mission has long since finished, it is nice to stay in touch with our missionary hearts, and it is nice that these young people are still a vibrant part of our lives.


Kindred spirit friends, both near and far.  Tangible and invisible.  They embroider my life with lots of goodness and love.  I truly appreciate them, each and every one.   


Having a  heart that finds joy . . .  even on rainy days  . . .  and in rainy times  . . .


The art of puttering.  Small and simple joys that fill my day with just doing and being and achieving, a sense of purpose in these things which embroider my days and life with sweetness. 


God is good.

Question.  Do any of you use Shopify?  If so what do you think of it?  I have only just heard of it and am curious.

A thought to carry with you through today  . . . 

.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° ˛°. .Its nice to be important,
but its more important to be nice. .° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •


 

In The English Kitchen today . . .  James Cagney Eggs.  Simple and tasty!

Have a great week.  I hope it is filled with a multitude of small and wonderful things!  Along the way don't forget!

 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!  


 




7 comments:

  1. Marie,

    I had a reply and my computer crashed.

    I will leave this reply. I pray that the Lord blesses your day and I send love your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie, what 'small and wonderful' things you have in your life. Its lovely to start the day reminding ourselves of all the good things in our lives.

    You reminded me of my teenage years when mentioning the Osmonds. Although I was more of a Jacksons fan than the Osmonds I always wanted to look like Marie! She was beautiful then and still is.

    At the moment I haven't got anything planned for this week, heaven! ....although I'm sure it won't be long before that changes!!

    Enjoy your week, lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear Suzan, I hate it when that happens! Hope the rest of your day was uneventful! God bless. Love you! xoxo

    Kate, I liked the Jackson Five also, but I really loved the Osmonds. I was more of a Jay fan than Donny however! He was a bit young for me back then. What girl didn't want to look like Marie, even still! She is gorgeous and a really nice person as well. I hope your week doesn't fill up too much. Love and hugs, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use Spotify:)
    Have a great day Marie!! Your mom looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks happy and that makes me happy Monique! They have water now, but it is muddy. Hope it does't take too long to clear! You have a great day also! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've had some wonderful cool nights here which has been a brief respite from the heat of summer. But it reminds me that soon we'll have cooler nights and cooler days as fall is near. Hope you have a great start to this new week. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes Pam, autumn is in a real hurry to arrive for sure! God bless! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!