Thursday 1 June 2017

My favourite things . . .

 

These are a few of my favourite things. Maybe some of them are your favourites also!


Crocheting.  I had not done any in a long time and then these past couple of years I have gotten back into it.  Trying to use up my yarn stash.  This week I have been crocheting dish clothes using some really nice cotton yarn I found. (On sale!) I love the bright colours! I think I am going to make sets of two.  The ones to go with these will have the solid colour in the middle and then the variagated on the scalloped edges.  These will be great to take with me on our holiday.



Love my rubber grip handled aluminium crochet hooks.  They are so much more comfortable to use than the old ones, or plastic ones.  The yarn glides over aluminium.  Plastic not so much.  The rubber grips are much easier on my arthritic hands!


The Missionaries.  This is some of our lads heading home to Utah from the EMM.  Sister and Elder Hillam who have been serving here for the last 18 months are also heading home. Do they look happy?  We will surely miss all of them. It is always hard to say goodbye, but the rest of their lives awaits these fabulous younguns. The one on the very far right is Elder Atkinson who started his mission about the same time we started ours and he started off in our Zone.  Todd and I worked with him quite a bit along with his companion and he was such a great Missionary and such a great young man.  We loved him to bits.  But then we love all the Missionaries.  There will be some very excited families today welcoming back their sons and daughters!  (and parents!) Lots of tears and hugs all around!


This sweet lady.  Oh how I adore her.  Her cuddles and belly rubs are the best.  My constant companion in the kitchen and on the sofa at night.   She is going to the groomer tomorrow and she needs it.  she is looking quite shaggy at the moment.  She was so funny yesterday.  We had to go to the shops to pick up a few bits so Todd thought he would bring her along and just sit with her in the car while I ran in.  We went to one shop first, and she sat in the car with me (windows open of course!) while Todd ran into pick up something and she was whining the whole time looking out the back window towards the shop where he had gone and was not happy until he got back, and then when we got to the Grocery store and I went in, she did the same thing.  She was NOT happy until we were ALL together in the car!  We love her so much.


Chickens, laying hens . . .  oh how I would love to have some.  A bit too much work however, and Todd would end up doing the Lion's share of it all . . .  or we would lose them to a fox. But I can dream  . . .


The pet portraits and wildlife watercolours of Jane Davies. Her work is unique and beautiful.  She is so talented.  I especially love her pet portraits.  She captures the soul of the animal so wonderfully.



Pizza, in any way shape or form.  I prefer thin crust over thick crust, but in all truth I will eat it any way I can get it.  I just adore pizza!


I still love this picture of two of my grandsons.  Its old, and they are several years older, but  this is an older brother showing care for a younger brother.  I see love here.  Love unfeigned. I think it is beautiful . . .


Old photographs. I could look at them for hours.  I look at them and wonder about the people in them. I think about the lives they might have led and all the time which has passed and yet there they are captured for eternity in a black and white image . . . they make me think.  Sometimes when I think about all the people who have ever lived on this earth, that live on the earth now and that will live on the earth I get a tiny bit scared . . .  so many, many people . . .  but I push the thoughts away  . . .


Ice Cream Sandwiches . . .  I love them.  I have not had one in years and years and years.  You cannot get them over here in the UK, and mores the pity.  Probably a good thing however as I could not ever say no to one.

 

Bicks Sweet Mixed Pickles.   Mmmm . . . have not had one of those in years either.  My favourite are the cauliflower.  I think they are everyone's favourite.  I could be wrong however.

I think I better go get some breakfast.
😀

 
A thought to carry with you . . . 





 .° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.°If you want to fly,
give up everything that 
weighs you down . . . 
~unknown  •。★★ 。* 。 

Spiritual Enlightenment 


 In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Lime & Caper Dressed Halloumi Cheese.  Deliciously tasty!

 Been discussing photographs for the book.  My Editor seems to think we can use black and white as colour would drive up the cost of the book, or grey scale.  I think that most people would rather pay more and have a cookbook with colour photos.  What do you think?

Have a great day! Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!


6 comments:

  1. Morning Marie..gosh second morning that I have got in first time !...I think you know everybody has replied that they think colour pictures are best in a cookery book..I expect your editor knows this, but it might depend on how much more it would cost to print and the selling price I expect he wants the biggest mark up on the selling price as well as your...small....I espect royalties....it's a difficult decision to make. Have you seen other books this publisher has printed ? Are they colour or B/W ?..that might give you an idea....
    I like these crochet hooks with the coloured ..ends...I don't think I have seen them, but then as I can't crochet....at least to follow a pattern!!....but my friend Val does and I think those hooks would be better for her......hope the warm sun will soon be popping out for us all. It is Thursday so my day for the church ..cafe....we have renamed it .....next week we open at 8.45 till 12.15 hoping the early start might attract Young mums,dads, etc who might be dropping the children off at school.....have a lovely day God Bless xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie and friends I have been feeling sick since our car accident last week. Now it has become intolerable pain. MY headaches, my back and hips aches and my liver feels so sore. If you could spare a prayer for me I would so appreciate it.

    Lots of love to you all. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I CAN'T believe you! The cloths are idential..is it an in your head pattern?
    Beautiful..sob..go see mine I just posted it..you ca't miss it..

    here the yarn was on sale 1.25!!

    I can't believe it..
    Marie..Marie Marie..

    give us a tutorial LOL.

    Marie me too..about people that have lived and are gone..I get scared at the thought of just how very temporary all this is:(For EVERYONE.

    At home I used to pick out the cauliflowers..:)
    They were bought for special occasions..no one got any cauliflower..

    oh let's invent a recipe Marie..meaning..YOU invent a recipe then I will make some;)

    I find Halloumi here soo $$$

    Is it there?

    I wish Costco had it;)
    Love the Littles..they grow so fast..
    Still cannot get over your cloths.
    I just want to make some ..is that too much to ask?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been enjoying some ice cream sandwiches here since the weather has warmed up. They are good! Surprised they aren't in the stores there. They have been around since I was a child.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, I will pray that Suze will start feeling better very soon.
    I love ur dish cloths Marie! My Mom made some yrs ago for my sisters and me. I used only 1 of them bc they are to pretty to use.
    When I buy the sweet mixed pickles I look at a few jars to see if there's more cauliflower in it. Doesn't everyone? Lol.
    Oh, don't get me started on ice cream sandwiches! I lovvveee the ones with chocolate in them! I haven't had one in a couple yrs. Now I need to remedy that! Hahaha! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you great luck with your coffee drop in/shop Sybil! Its a wonderful thing to do! If your friend Val crochets a lot I am sure she would like these hooks. I got mine at Hobby Craft. They do have an online shop! Happy Friday! xoxo

    Suzan you have been in my prayers all night and day. (You always are anyways, but I have prayed more fervantly!) I hope you feel better soon. Love you. xoxo

    Its an in-my-head pattern Monique. I could not find one so made it up as I went along and liked the results. I will try to do a tutorial! So simple! Ohh, I could eat a jar of Pickled cauliflower and nothing else! hah! So good! We are lucky that we live close enough to Greece we get it at a fairly affordale price. The Halloumi Cheese that is! Love and hugs! xoxo

    I was surprised also Pam! I will have to try to figure out how to make my own. I really miss them! xoxo

    Thanks J! I do the same thing with the jars of pickles, or at least I used to. No such thing here. I shall just have to make my own! Happy Friday! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!