Wednesday 22 September 2021

This and That . . .

  

Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness,
   Close bosom-friend of the maturing sun;
Conspiring with him how to load and bless
   With fruit the vines that round the thatch-eves run;
To bend with apples the moss'd cottage-trees,
   And fill all fruit with ripeness to the core;
      To swell the gourd, and plump the hazel shells
   With a sweet kernel; to set budding more,
And still more, later flowers for the bees,
Until they think warm days will never cease,
      For summer has o'er-brimm'd their clammy cells.

Who hath not seen thee oft amid thy store?
   Sometimes whoever seeks abroad may find
Thee sitting careless on a granary floor,
   Thy hair soft-lifted by the winnowing wind;
Or on a half-reap'd furrow sound asleep,
   Drows'd with the fume of poppies, while thy hook
      Spares the next swath and all its twined flowers:
And sometimes like a gleaner thou dost keep
   Steady thy laden head across a brook;
   Or by a cyder-press, with patient look,
      Thou watchest the last oozings hours by hours.

Where are the songs of spring? Ay, Where are they?
   Think not of them, thou hast thy music too,—
While barred clouds bloom the soft-dying day,
   And touch the stubble plains with rosy hue;
Then in a wailful choir the small gnats mourn
   Among the river sallows, borne aloft
      Or sinking as the light wind lives or dies;
And full-grown lambs loud bleat from hilly bourn;
   Hedge-crickets sing; and now with treble soft
   The red-breast whistles from a garden-croft;
      And gathering swallows twitter in the skies.
~John Keats  


As hard as it may be to believe, here we are sitting on the first day of Autumn, with Summer having been spent. I don't know how that happens. How the months seem to pass by  and seasons change seemingly overnight. It happens every year.  Oh, I think we actually notice the changes coming but we tend to ignore them until the calendar tells us we can't officially ignore them any longer.   

My back garden is full of leaves, scarlet leaves that have been falling off the maple tree for at least three weeks now, and the geranium pots hanging from the front need to be taken down, even though they are still blooming . . . they are looking rather spent. And pumpkins are sprouting on tops of porches all over the place and little scarecrows are gracing gardens. I need to mow down everything in my little front garden space, but I am not a gardener and I have no tools.  I am at a loss as to what to do. I need help, but where to get it. 

 

The nights are really drawing in now.  Its getting dark earlier and earlier.  I hate the darker nights, but I like candle light and dark nights make candle light so much prettier.  The nights are a lot more comfortable as well, so I am not complaining. I just hate having to draw the curtains and turn on the lamps.  I do still open the window in the living room each morning, letting in a breath of fresh air, and it is becoming fresher.

My mornings are now embroidered with the sounds of little feet running energetically back and forth across the living room/dining room floors. They play and they play and they play . . . 

Nutmeg 

They are growing so fast and I long to keep them small.  They are loaded with fleas.  I don't know what to do.  Their first Vet appointment is not until the 29th. That is the earliest that I can get them in.  I have been waiting weeks.  They must be driving them crazy.  I am grateful I don't have carpeting but I still suspect I will need to spray down everything. I am half tempted to go and get something myself, but I have never had a tiny kitten before.  Other than that they seem fine. I would bathe them, but I can't hold them and bathe them all by myself.  My arms and legs are full of scratches as it is.

 
Cinnamon and Nutmeg


I don't know why I have had to wait so long.  But there is only one Vet in the area and I expect they are super busy at this time of year. They will be three months old on the 8th of October. 

I am itchy just thinking about it. I am not sure I can wait another whole week. What to do, what to do  . . . 

 

I managed to get a little painting done yesterday.  Dad stopped by on his way to my sisters. I ended up giving it to him because he liked it, and then he tells me he is going to stick it in a birthday card for his cousin. That really disappointed me.  I wouldn't have given it to him had I known he was going to give it away.  I know that when you give something to someone, it is theirs to do what they want with, but I had hoped he would keep it. I know that sounds selfish, but its how I feel about it.

Guess I will have to do another one.

It was fun doing it however. Its only tiny. I need to do more.  I need to get back to doing my little girls. I need a desk in my spare room that I can do it at. A place to set things up so that they can stay set up. I don't like having to use my dining room table all the time.  

Every day I have been wondering why there is these white speckles of something all over the dining room table when I get up.  Could it be salt.  I have figured it out. Its kitty litter. As soon as I go to bed, they get on the table.  In the daytime I only have to show them the squirt bottle and they think twice, but at night . . .  out of sight, out of mind. 

 

I was talking to my sister on the phone yesterday as I was sitting on the sofa and looked over to see this.  Of course my squirt bottle was not close at hand so I had to go over and take her off, and this was below  . . . 


Its like he was being a tattle tale and saying, look what she's doing mom!  Not me, I'm being good just sitting here by the table leg. 

My life will never be dull again. My front window is full of nose smudges so I need to get at it today and clean it as well. Life is very full at the moment.

My son Doug has his date for his operation. He is going to be in the hospital in Saint John from Sept. 29th to Oct. 1st.  They are fitting him with a defibrillator. I am nervous about it, but probably not as nervous as he is. He turns 40 in November.  Please keep him in your prayers. I want him to live long enough to see his boys all grown up and to grow old and see his grandchildren. I pray for that every night and every time I do I cry.  

One of my other grandsons, Luke, 11 years old, was sick the other night with vomiting and a headache.  They were going to take him to be tested yesterday morning for Covid. It is running rampant in NB at the moment. I have not heard anything back, so assuming so long as I don't no news is good news. But the thought of that makes me cry too.

And Eileen and Tim are going to some sort of People's First Convention up country this weekend. I told her I want them to both stay safe and be very careful and she gets mad at me because she thinks I am telling her what to do.  I tell her I am only being a mother who loves her daughter.  I have a bone to pick with that whole organization anyways.  Yes, people with disabilities have rights also. I firmly believe that and they need to be able to exercise their rights, but they also need to be able to take advice and not see it as someone trying to "Lord" it over them, or trying to treat them like a child.  The fact is these people, adults or not, are truly not capable of making wise decisions for themselves in most instances and to brainwash them into thinking that they can is just wrong in my opinion. My daughter will not take any advice on board.  She also thinks that God will keep her safe. Well  . . . God also helps those who help themselves.  'Nuff said.

I have a busy day lined out for me today, so I best get at it.  But its a beautiful Autumn day for this first day of Autumn 2021.  

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *Never will I leave you,
Never will I forsake you.
~Hebrews 13:5  •。★★ 。* 



  

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Honey Mustard Roasted Potatoes. These are flipping delicious!  Quick and easy to make as well! 

Have a wonderful Wednesday!  Be safe and be happy and don't forget! 

 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!





15 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, your kittens are gorgeous. I'm sorry they have fleas. My cat, Harley, had fleas years ago. I found a trick that helped him get rid of them and give him some relief from the itch. Comb your kitten with a flea comb dipped in a mixture of mild soap (I used dish soap) and water once a week. It will remove fleas from the kitten's body. Dunk the comb into hot, soapy water to kill the fleas. It worked like a charm. I also vacuumed my carpets and furniture really well, and washed all linens and cat bedding in hot water. One other thing i did that worked was to take a shallow baking sheet filled with water and dish soap and put it in front of the TV on the floor. During the night, leave the TV on so the light will draw the fleas. They will jump and fall into the baking sheet, killing them. I know it sounds weird, but it did work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking that they were doing so well, and then bang, yesterday it was like flea overload! I thank you for your advice. I am going to take it on board and drive to the pet store today to get a flea comb. I guess I know what I am doing tonight!

      They are such sweet little dears. This afternoon I was sitting here crying with frustration over the fleas, and they both were so comforting to me. They came right over and wanted to hug me better. We just need to get over this stage and all will be well. Thank you Christie! xoxo

      Delete
  2. The best prevention for the fleas I ever had ws the medicine the vet gave me the you put between their shoulders. Nothing else ever seemed to work quite a while, but you are going to be really infested by another month of waiting. Perhaps you could call and request the flea meds befor then and just pick them up. I will be keeping your son in my prayers, he is such a young man. Hopefully all will go well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I am hoping the Vet will use Pam. One more week, and they have their appointment. In the meantime I am going to try what Christie suggested! Thank you so much for your prayers for my son. I am praying so hard that all goes well. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Oy..fleas and on the table..lol..I just can't..I know kittie lovers love their kitties on the table..I just can't..
    Lots of responsibility but cute cute..

    It'strue what they say if you give something it's a gift.. the receiver can do waht they want.
    But I hear you..

    One garage sale my daughters did maybe 15 yrs ago..it was a combined one.. some ornaments I had given them were there..OY...
    Not hand made but there and sold..
    That's the closest analogy I have..

    Very cute ..but think of it this way..your dad is so proud! He wants to show your work.
    Re the front is it that you don't know what to remove or cannot? Because if you post pics maybe some of us could offer advice?
    Great idea setting up a table where you can leave your things out:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! That's why I got the spray bottle. I don't want cats on my table! They are cute and they are great company, just not ON my table! lol

      I am happy that my father is so proud of my work he wants to share it.

      I have two hostas and a bunch of lilies and some weeds in front. My problem is I have no garden tools and no money to buy any. I wonder if I can get the men from church to come and help. I will ask. xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi Marie~

    I understand about flower beds and all the work that is involved, it can truly be a dilemma. I love to have flowers, and so I use pots. In fact, on my front porch, I bought artificial flowers and out them in my big pots...I get lots of compliments on them! They are uv protected, so they don't fade ;0)

    Flea...oh dear. Kittens are tricky, they are sensitive to so many products, so maybe it would be best to call the vet and see if they can give you a flea medication. There are several good YouTube videos that show what to do for fleas on kittens as well.

    I understand about the beautiful painting you gave your dad. But, I do think that he is just proud of you and wants his friends and family to know how talented you are. Maybe you could paint him a larger one that won't fit in an envelope! Gotta love them!

    I am wanting so badly to set up a permanent spot so I can start painting again...for me it's finding the space. It is a pain constantly setting things up and taking them down.

    Good luck to your son, he will be in my prayers. It is hard to watch your kids go through trials with their health. I understand about, Eileen and her husband. They really do want to be self sufficient, and I get that, but they need help and advise on so many levels. Sometimes prayer is all they will let us offer them. They will be in my prayers and so will you. XOXO

    Happy first day of Autumn!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Barb. I just can't get on my knees to do it myself, and I have no garden tools at all, nor the money to buy any. I am hoping to get a handle on the fleas more sooner than later. Thanks so much for your prayers for my son. They are so appreciated!! Love and hugs. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi~ Yes, call and have the Elder's help you out, even the young men and young women, they are always looking for a service project. Even the missionaries. We have had them help us move furniture out of our basement before. Lilies and Hosta's can just stay in the ground...I think. Give them a call!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb. I will talk to someone on Sunday! Xoxo

      Delete
  7. Oh,my, Marie, so much on your mond right now. I will pray for Doug that everything goes well. Sounds like Eileen and Tim are fighting for a little independence. Who can blame them? But they need guidance as well. Poor little kitties to be aflicted with fleas. Your pet store staff could probanly give you some good advice. Lovely poem that you shared fir Fall. Take gentle care. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elaine. He is such a young man to have such health problems. Every prayer he,ps! Hope you have a great weekend! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  8. That was my concern Becky. I did go and get something to put on them, and I have my fingers crossed. I may need to do it a few times over the course of the next few months! I thank you for all your advice.it’s very sound! I really want to get back into my painting. It was always such an outlet for me to relax! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!